Sign in to follow this  
airborneguy

Adding enemy planes

Hi guys, I was wondering how to add enemy planes to a mission. I was thinking about using the buzzard but have no idea how to implement it. Suggestions or if you could point me in the right direction would be nice.

Thanks

Hello, well you need to learn the basics of the editor man. Once you learn about the editor (Youtube) then you will get it.. and learn how to do it, Sorry for being such a indirect answer but you gotta learn it!

LoL thanks. I have looked at the editor tutorials on you tube but they dont even mention that, need more help plz

Lol, It would just be like adding a object in, What you would do is go to the unit (F1 I believe) and Double CLick the map to get the "Insert Unit"

vthwYVm.png

and place it (Change the Special to "Flying"

I have no Idea if Blufor and Indep are team or no but then we just add Waypoints

FIrB3Pw.png

to the jet your waypoints should look like this..

sPZ450Z.png

Hope this helped

And there is a way to get the buzzards to go after Blufor (Found Out they where friends) but it slips my mind

Yeah I knew how to place a jet and set waypoints and stuff. I want to make the jet an enemy plane so I can lock onto it with missles and it locks onto me as well. Thats my question.

Place a opfor pilot and on his init have as follows, {_x moveindriver plane} foreach units group this; now place an empty buzzard set to flying and name it plane, start mission and he will be flying it,just need to set waypoints etc for pilot good luck.

Or simply place the regular plane and turn off friendship under Intel -> Independents are friendly to BLUFOR/OPFOR/Nobody.

Or simply place the regular plane and turn off friendship under Intel -> Independents are friendly to BLUFOR/OPFOR/Nobody.

do i do that in the script or in the editor?

Thnaks

Yep, just in the editor. Place the plane like Fusion13 described and then hit the intel section (button in top bar with a sun and a cloud) and set Independet friendly to nobody:

2013-12-13_00001susk6.jpg

Place a opfor pilot and on his init have as follows, {_x moveindriver plane} foreach units group this; now place an empty buzzard set to flying and name it plane, start mission and he will be flying it,just need to set waypoints etc for pilot good luck.

Another option is to place an empty Buzzard (in formation) on the runway with a pilot nearby, highlight the pilot, select waypoints and click on the Buzzard and select the "get in" waypoint. Now add another waypoint (linked) to where you'd like the Buzzard to fly to. I usually select the "seek and destroy" waypoint on where I'd like the Buzzard to attack. The pilot will now get into the Buzzard and take-off to where ever you placed its waypoint and action. If you selected the "seek and destroy" it will circle the location and target/attack enemies.

Do note that the method with using an OPFOR pilot and an empty plane works best. Using the "Independent friendly to" option is very unreliable (has been in ArmA2 and BIS haven't adjusted the setFriend command) and also not useable if you want to use Independent as your main faction.