Sign in to follow this  
alexharvey52

Stay away from Vilayer!

I am writing this to tell anybody who is thinking of buying a server from Vilayer to not do it. Although their prices are cheap they have the most unacceptable support. After being with them for a while once every few weeks the arma 3 servers go down for days on end with absolutely no support. My server has been down for 4 days now and with 2 open tickets I have still had no support. This has happened to me 4 times now. If you google Vilayer you will see that many people are having the same issues with them.

You have been warned. Stay away from Vilayer Server hosting - vilayer.com

WOW! Vilayer LTD sucks worse than ANY other support I've had for ANYTHING in MY LIFE, but Vilayer LTD had better features than some hosts and seemed willing to work with you during the sales questioning. Vilayer servers are the pits.

During prime gaming times all of their nodes with game servers running on them increase in ping times from +30-60+ ms, the TeamSpeak 3 seems to be OK, though they don't want to add you to your Root Admin group, they seem to confuse this with serveradmin in query.

I rented a CO server and in two days they couldn't get it running right and it took a day to get them to update BEC, the server kept showing the yellow question mark which indicates possible incompatibility and wasn't showing Arma 2 in the expansion list in the game browser, yet others located on a few other hosts did show it in the expansion list and had a green dot indicating they are a match, and Vilayer LTD tells me basically if I can join it then too bad and they tell me I don't know what I'm talking about? Err, I'm not supposed to that's why I'm paying them? What I do know is that my client is spot on as I just got Arma 2 Complete Collection on Steam from the BIS Store at 80% off with their Christmas sale! I stopped hating BIS yesterday. Thanks BIS! Though it's probably temporary and I'm still not happy about needing an OS update for Arma 3. :( Wish that was 80% off. But I digress.

Vilayer LTD even has the audacity to close tickets without even acknowledging them or resolving the issue and then they tell you not to submit any more tickets.

Let's talk about those tickets, 11 in two days, they act like I committed a crime:

#552923 - Error connecting to acp panel - They sent the wrong link in the install email.

How is that my fault for letting them know? Your welcome Vilayer LTD.

#237665 - BEC Update - Why was it out of date?

Hardly because of me.

#879859 - Cpanel Demo is down? - They have the link wrong on their page, are they hoping for psychic customers? FACT: You look like an idiot when you say try our demo and it goes to a dead page (404). But now we know the whole truth, ;)

Your welcome again Vilayer LTD.

#155179 - RE: #237665 - BEC Update - Inquiry as to how long this takes and moving to high priority. It had been 7 hours without even a "Hey we will get to this sometime today, tomorrow, etc."

#355640 - Horrible network performance - I mentioned this to JB in TS over 24 hours beforehand, he shrugged it off. Then there Support Manage sees my trace routes and pings ( See below ) and says "What .exe file where you trying to upload?" Where did they get that guy?

How is this my fault?

#754943 - Server running beta even without -mod parameter - Maybe I misunderstood but we talked about me being able to switch between the two and I thought that was with the -mod switch, maybe it's the -beta switch or maybe impossible, have to test more myself.

Can we share that one Vilayer LTD?

#132182 - Where is support? - Inquiry again, coming up on a day since I provided details on the network issue without even a "Hey, good catch, we will certainly investigate this and get it resolved, will probably be a day or..."

Reasonable cause

#238720 - When?!?! - Tickets are being closed without a reply or resolution that are a day old, being told not to make tickets for issues, wanting to know when resolution can be expected, wanting a response, getting nothing from a 27/7 support. They don't answer the phone either.

Reasonable cause

#732660 - Feature suggestions - Giving them ideals to make the service even better from my prospective. Was closed without even a response, as if the ideals were just rubbish.

Your welcome Vilayer LTD.

#855021 - No Arma 2 installed! - Server is not properly installed.

Again, your welcome for me bringing these things to your attention Vilayer LTD so you can provide a better service to your customers ( like that will ever happen ). They trivialize it and suspend my account for $22.77? because I opened a PayPal dispute to open dialog and didn't even request a refund initially? Really? The way I see it I'm one of if not the best customer you had, you should probably be paying me that much at least. Ohh, and they try to get you to close the dispute claiming they will help you get it worked out, obviously they didn't and never intended to, they just want to talk you down and convince you that they don't need to do anything and that your just stupid. I told them "if you can properly install an Arma 2 CO server then you can do that on a new setup or on mine and start it and show me, then tell me your plan of action for the network issue and let's resolve this."

Ohh and that network, here is Dallas:

Tracing route to [69.162.119.250]

over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.2.1

2 30 ms 31 ms 31 ms adsl-*

3 31 ms 31 ms 31 ms *sbcglobal*

4 31 ms 32 ms 31 ms *sbcglobal*

5 42 ms 41 ms 42 ms *att.net

6 42 ms 43 ms 43 ms

7 197 ms 199 ms 108 ms

8 43 ms 42 ms 43 ms

9 44 ms 45 ms 44 ms

10 85 ms 85 ms 85 ms ge0-1.vl62.cr03-63.dllstx3.dallas-idc.com [208.115.255.98]

11 84 ms 82 ms 86 ms 250-119-162-69.static.reverse.lstn.net [69.162.119.250]

Normally I get 40-55 ms tops to Dallas servers. Seen those as high as 118 in trace routes and pings and 478 in game.

Ohh, and Vilayer LTD says they have never had a problem with anyone getting started like me, I advised them to Google Vilayer servers sometime. Anyway, who's next?

cleardot.gifBTW, here is the proper and modern method for running a CO server folks, install Arma 2 and OA in their own folders inside of a common folder and run the server exe, it will automatically detect the Arma 2 install just like the client, I have it running at home now, no question marks and it shows Arma 2 in the expansions. No - mod required unless your running the beta or a mod, the old method of putting it all in one folder is deprecated, it still somewhat works but may have issues and clients probably won't join since it appears to be in conflict.

If your going to host a game learn how first.

Edit: After emailing hundreds of hosts most of which did not want to set up the server correctly, did not want to update bec or the beta and or wanted to much I decided to start hosting again myself. Admittedly I'm a bit rusty but things are coming along great considering that and at least my customers will not be getting junk.

Edited by callihn

What about renting a dedicated server or VPS so you won't have to use a control panel?

Seems they could hire you for support :P

What about renting a dedicated server or VPS so you won't have to use a control panel?

Vilayer if you are seeing this I am your man! Your support man! :P

why get ripped off renting servers from a company thats going to crowd you into 1 box.

Just rent a dedi

We have been using Vilayer for three months and the customer support has been great. We have only had one issue two days ago when the server booted a couple players, but we got an email from them immediately explaining the problem. We have their server + TS3 package for around $40 and it is the best deal we've found yet.

I agree with the OP their support is terrible. I just had another run in with their support staff and created this account out of rage just to leave them bad feedback. Any problems you may have they will just tell you to shove off (nicely) and won't even bother trying to help you.

yep vilayer suck, i tryed to get some support i waitet 1 week befor they got back to me

Well, you have to realize that for the low price you pay you can't really expect that much support unless it's something that doesn't work on their side. If you want fast professional service you have to rent a dedicated server and pay a LOT more. I'm not saying it should be like that, but what you can reasonably expect when you pay such a small amount of money for a service like that. I had my server up and running 1 hour after I payed for it.

What's a game host with better support and (maybe) server specifications than vilayer?

Honestly, in the long run it's so much easier, you have full control and if you want to host another game/program server or change the amount of slots on the server you don't have to pay...

What's a game host with better support and (maybe) server specifications than vilayer?

If you're looking purely for a dedicated server, try HFB Servers, they're primarily based in Seattle but you can get on either side, fairly priced for the tech and even accept Bitcoin for payment.

Edit: Seems they host game servers now too, that's new.

Thanks, considering a dedicated server from oneprovider instead of just a game server.