Sign in to follow this  
Rob

Answer me this

I have only just thought of this... But if the creators of the game are from cz, why then did they then make the game around the Americans instead of their own country?

My guess is, because its based on the cold war, and the two biggest players in it were the Americans, and the Communists (Russia, Cuba, etc.)

Population

Czech Republic: 10 million

US: 278 million

Want to sell to the US? Make stuff about the US.

I hate how everythings generalized like that. I would totally buy a game based on the Czech army, if it was good enough.

They made it around the Americans?

Well they were under Soviet Communist control (Czechoslovakia), so as far as I see it that's where the idea came form, and the USA obviously had major competition with Soviets, so they were the primary suspects when it comes to eliminating them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Aug. 31 2002,22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hate how everythings generalized like that. I would totally buy a game based on the Czech army, if it was good enough.<span id='postcolor'>

But would the average american ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nordin dk @ Aug. 31 2002,23:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Aug. 31 2002,22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hate how everythings generalized like that. I would totally buy a game based on the Czech army, if it was good enough.<span id='postcolor'>

But would the average american ?<span id='postcolor'>

Ya we prolly would. MAinly kids who don't give a damn and just wanna blow crap up tounge.gif

There are plently of games with Americans in them, if it had had another nation like Czechoslavakia or Britain, I would have wanted to buy it probably even more for the variety factor.

Well, I think they clearly picked a good conflict, the sales say it all. wink.gif BIS had maximum success in my view, so ...

I would have bought it if it was Germany vs USSR or anything else really, because I already saw the amazing game engine. I would have wanted to buy it the most if it was Eastern Europe (Czech, Poland, Hungary) vs USSR.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nordin dk Posted on Aug. 31 2002,17:42

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (Aculaud @ Aug. 31 2002,22:52)

I hate how everythings generalized like that. I would totally buy a game based on the Czech army, if it was good enough.

But would the average american ?<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think they would, I live in Canada and know too well how teenagers are ignorant of other countries. I only imagine it gets worse when you go south of the border. I bet most American kids have never heard of the Czech Republic, and even fewer could locate it on the map. Canadian kids only know of that country because of its international hockey team.

American sales were bad enough as it is, If it featured any country other than the USA I fear it would be much worse.

I bought OFP becuase the subject sounded cool- and the fact that Americans were involved really helped.

C'mon, who else would you put? Most western European countries are afraid to fight anyone, no matter how much of a threat or how evil they may be.

I downloaded the original OFP demo one night, and played it every day for several months.

i think BIS took the americans because the wanted to be successful in america, too. and after their success they tried the other side (RH). and now they concentrated on the resistance forces.

sooner or later they'll make a campaign about a less known army/group of people. BIS needed the success of CWC to go on with this.

I really dont care what or who i get play, just aslong as i get to blow stuff up biggrin.gif