Sign in to follow this  
greywolf907

multiplayer missions Nimitz resapawn

I hope someone can help me I have tried everything to not end up in the water when trying to respawn on the deck of the Nimitz when we use it in our missions. I'm sure this has been covered somewhere by someone but I could not find a reference thanks for any response.

You need to set the height via setPosASL, depending on your respawn script the location will differ where to store that. The call should look like

_unit setPosASL [getPos _unit select 0, getPos _unit select 1, 17.5];

with _unit being the respawned unit.

Thanks fro the response TeTeT, we use BTC revive in our missions I will have a look into the files for the line you described. What if it is just the empty marker respawn_West how would I make that work? Also is it possible to teleport with a flagpole on the deck? Thanks again.

Please take a look at the [MP]NimitzTestv08.Altis.pbo sample mission for a player respawn on the flightdeck. It utilizes onPlayerRespawn.sqf, which contains (among some dead code):

player setPos (getPos NimitzSpawn);
player setDir 0;
[player, 17.5] call TTT_fnc_syncSimple;

I guess you can place any object on the flightdeck and teleport to it. Not sure if I get the question. Ah, maybe it is that the teleport script best uses setPosASL and getPosASL?

Thanks man I will take a look at that mission couldn't seem to find one that showed a good example thanks for all your help our unit loves the Nimitz for our ops cant wait for the final version release keep up the good work.