Sign in to follow this  
armilio

Enemies have more "life" after last update?

Not as good as "advertised" see this official Bundeswehr video, the G36 with AP ammo is able to penetrate a level 4 vest at 75 meters.

the relevent part come at 4.00 minutes.

But that isn't regular ammo, is it?

If you could simulate AP rounds This open a new opens a new layer for ammo selection.

But that isn't regular ammo, is it?

If you could simulate AP rounds This open a new opens a new layer for ammo selection.

I think AP = Full metal Jacket standard ammo.

My 2 cents from experience of me and about, 7 other people who played Arma 3 ever since this update, its a little bit absurd. I can't take this in complete armor thing. If i can recall, BIs stating they wouldn't implement an armor system until it was done. But this sudden, incomplete system, i mean, i shot a guy in the face, but since the helmet was on, and theres no hit box for only portions of the face, it didn't matter. It drove me to the point of no longer playing Arma 3 until they fix it last night. I simply died, after died, after died, after died, and i swear, no one got hurt by my bullets. My squad felt the same. I mean, it feels like Battlefield on easy mode. 7.62 should kill. If it can go through walls, it should kill, DMR's use 7.62 for god sake. I don't mean to sound like a rant, but this system is Hella bad. I know, its not a total sim, but it's not VBS either, its Arma. Until this Body Armor feature is fixed, it's got to go.

It isn't. I assume that the FMJ ammo currently in game is the M855FMJ (Or M855A1), which is the U.S. standard issue ammunition. U.S. issue AP ammo is the M995 AP round, which has a Tombac steel jacket and the tungsten penetrator core.

Not quite the same thing.

It isn't. I assume that the FMJ ammo currently in game is the M855FMJ (Or M855A1), which is the U.S. standard issue ammunition. U.S. issue AP ammo is the M995 AP round, which has a Tombac steel jacket and the tungsten penetrator core.

Not quite the same thing.

Just like vehicles, there are a few Israeli ammunition types used in game.

3.5mm tungsten penetrator inside the Projectile. In the test you see FMJ (Full metal jacket Lead) AP and twin core (Doppelkern) AP brought the best penetration but costs for times more...the conclusion was to use a 1:1 mix of AP (Hartkern) and FMJ (Vollmantel) in the future for MG4, G36 and MP7. Edited by Beagle

Here's the thing, in 2035 I figure an AP round would be standard with the body armor improvements. I doubt real-world militaries are going to accept having to hit someone 5 or 8 times to incapacitate them, and ingame "kill" = "incapacitate" (it's up to mods/scripts to determine if you can revive or treat an incapacitated person).

Here's the thing, in 2035 I figure an AP round would be standard with the body armor improvements. I doubt real-world militaries are going to accept having to hit someone 5 or 8 times to incapacitate them, and ingame "kill" = "incapacitate" (it's up to mods/scripts to determine if you can revive or treat an incapacitated person).

For all we know it may be that they have been dealing with insurgents and other guerrilla-style forces (like FIA?) for the last few years so there was no need to combat modern body armour and so AP hasn't been widely distributed amongst the troops.

Anyway, I made a mistake in my testing, since I was using dual purpose 556, hence the low values. Here's updated with STANAG, plus armor names:

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]Weapon[/TD]

[TD]Helmet Head[/TD]

[TD]Plate Carrier

[/TD]

[TD]Tac Vest[/TD]

[TD]Unarmored Chest[/TD]

[TD]Arm[/TD]

[TD]Leg[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]7.62 ABR[/TD]

[TD]17/45/100% (2)[/TD]

[TD]29-35% (3-4)[/TD]

[TD]35-37% (3)[/TD]

[TD]100%[/TD]

[TD]25%[/TD]

[TD]44-50%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]6.5 MX[/TD]

[TD]32/100% (2)[/TD]

[TD]10-25% (5-6)[/TD]

[TD]23-30% (4)[/TD]

[TD]100%[/TD]

[TD]17-22%[/TD]

[TD]31-36%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]5.56 SOAR[/TD]

[TD]17/100% (2)[/TD]

[TD]7-15% (5-7)[/TD]

[TD]7-17% (5-7)[/TD]

[TD]100%[/TD]

[TD]5-10%[/TD]

[TD]16-19%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD].45 Vermin[/TD]

[TD]22/100% (2)[/TD]

[TD]10% (7)[/TD]

[TD]12% (5)[/TD]

[TD]100%[/TD]

[TD]15-25%[/TD]

[TD]25%[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]9mm Pistol[/TD]

[TD]10/100% (2)[/TD]

[TD]5% (9)[/TD]

[TD]7% (6)[/TD]

[TD]100%[/TD]

[TD]10%[/TD]

[TD]5-13%[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by DNK

The main problem with the current system of wounds and armor - received no response to injury. He can get three bullets in the stomach and kill you after 1 second with a distance of 300 meters.

The easiest way to solve the problem - add 3-6 reactions / effects injured body. It will not allow the wounded quickly accurately return fire.

Example: a painful shock, temporary loss of consciousness, falling, recoil, contusion, slower reaction ...

It's easier to do than to do normal system zones injured, real armor. But the developer is not doing ... Why? This is 50% of the fun of the game.