Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

so, those of you who experience the 100000 desync bug (all the time), please use in server cfg

guaranteedupdates=false;

this disable the optimization of sending the guaranteed messages only on 'state' change

I have a few players who have desync issues, can I use guaranteedupdates=false if I'm not using your PERF update and help those guys out? (they have good connections)

I have a few players who have desync issues, can I use guaranteedupdates=false if I'm not using your PERF update and help those guys out? (they have good connections)

yes you can use that setting but I doubt it will help, because the bug affect everyone and all the time the server runs, not just sometimes and some ...

126hotfixRC also needs Client & Server right?

Yes. It still requires both executable's to be used.

Sadly, hardly any players bothered downloading and installing the binary fix. My server, which once had about 500 active players, remains nearly empty. They all go to play on other normal servers.

Sadly, hardly any players bothered downloading and installing the binary fix. My server, which once had about 500 active players, remains nearly empty. They all go to play on other normal servers.

I could have told you that!

RC is similar to PERF1, just w/o the log antispam (still not final enough)

anyway there is

1.26 perf2 https://www.dropbox.com/sh/o2w5a3gczbsc6s4/AAA7U8bQkHbF_CTG-MEyN5ona?dl=0

includes VON improvements and some fixes for stack issues (threading) tho it will eat little more memory (50-120MB)

in theory it might be compatible with hotfix RC but no warranty (needs to be tested, shall work imho)

if you want test the VON improvement then you need both new client and new server binaries

build number is 126931

Do Clients still need the new Files, when using PERF2?

yes, they do ...

And are you working on a clientless version ?

Actually i can't use Client side Arma3.exe (lose to much player) and lot of them can't "setup" the files :o

The 1.26 PERF/PROF builds have presumably become obsolete with today's release of the 1.28 hotfix.

the hotfix 1.28 make lot of losing connection

any ... fix for the hotfix ?

I've upgraded my server to 1.28 and still there are massive desyncs.

http://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00031

TO: Arma 3 Users

UNIT: Main Branch

ACTIVITY: Hotfix: 1.28 (Multiplayer desync improvements)

SIZE: ~17 MB / ~7 MB

NOTES

This hotfix does not yet fully correct multiplayer issues introduced in 1.26. It is an interim improvement, while we continue to find the source problem(s). Read more about this situation in the most recent SITREP.

Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.

A Legacy Build Steam branch is available for advanced users. It contains the previous significant main branch version (1.24). It can be used to compare specific changes between major releases. The access code for this branch is: Arma3Legacy124

CHANGELOG

ENGINE:

Removed: Guaranteed networking messaging (not just disabled). This may just be temporary while we address issues with this low-level networking feature.

Fixed: Stack overflow crash

Fixed: Missing console logging on servers

Hope Dwarden upload a new fixe soon ...

These previous version (before 1.26) was amazing !

Use them since 2 month ago ...

Without that was horrible ...

servers on 2.5GHz Xeon (4x33 players) located in Prague

81.0.236.125:2102

81.0.236.125:2202

81.0.236.125:2302

81.0.236.125:2402

servers on 3.7GHz Xeon were added (2x81 players) located in Paris

94.23.112.9:2102

94.23.112.9:2202

servers on 2x2.9GHz Xeon were added (13x(72-84) players) located in Paris

37.187.132.224:2102

37.187.132.224:2202

37.187.132.224:2302

37.187.132.224:2402

37.187.132.224:2502

37.187.132.224:2602

37.187.132.224:2702

37.187.132.224:2802

37.187.132.224:2902

37.187.132.224:3002

37.187.132.224:3102

37.187.132.224:3202

37.187.132.224:3302

servers on 3.6GHz Xeon were added (3x100 players) located in Canada

192.99.47.216:2102

192.99.47.216:2202

192.99.47.216:2302

First of all: Please give us your basic.cfg.

servers on 2.5GHz Xeon (4x33 players) -> For one instance 1x33 players:

language="Englisch";

MaxMsgSend=?;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=?;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=?;

MinBandwidth=?;

MaxBandwidth=?;

MinErrorToSend=?;

MinErrorToSendNear=?;

MaxCustomFileSize=0;

Windowed=0;

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=1;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

servers on 3.7GHz Xeon were added (2x81 players) -> For one instance 1x81:

language="Englisch";

MaxMsgSend=?;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=?;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=?;

MinBandwidth=?;

MaxBandwidth=?;

MinErrorToSend=?;

MinErrorToSendNear=?;

MaxCustomFileSize=0;

Windowed=0;

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=1;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

servers on 2x2.9GHz Xeon were added (13x(72-84) players) -> For one instance 1x84:

language="Englisch";

MaxMsgSend=?;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=?;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=?;

MinBandwidth=?;

MaxBandwidth=?;

MinErrorToSend=?;

MinErrorToSendNear=?;

MaxCustomFileSize=0;

Windowed=0;

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=1;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

servers on 3.6GHz Xeon were added (3x100 players) -> For one instance 1x100:

language="Englisch";

MaxMsgSend=?;

MaxSizeGuaranteed=?;

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=?;

MinBandwidth=?;

MaxBandwidth=?;

MinErrorToSend=?;

MinErrorToSendNear=?;

MaxCustomFileSize=0;

Windowed=0;

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=1;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

It gives so much mystikal things in the i-net for this Settings.... Please enlighten us.

------------------------------------

Why it's not possible to flush the Server Memory?

Example: 100 Player: ~ 1h 25 server fps 1,7 GB ~ 2h 10 server fps 2,5 GB ~ 3h 5 server fps 3 GB.... So, now 20 Player of 100 stay on the Server ~ 4h 15 Server fps 3 GB? The Server fps will never rising up to 50 fps again... Why? I think, its the full RAM.

What data remain in RAM? And why you can not delete this useless data?

Need a cleanup Script from Bohemia Interactive. And not by user-generated cleanup Scripts (for clean map and ram).

I sure every damaged cause to house, street light, wall , .... was save in RAM that why we can't "delete this useless data?"

This new "multiplayer optimization" is really hurting Arma multiplayer. My server #'s keep dropping on a daily basis because people are getting fed up w/the desync.

We get massive arma3 crashes. Sometimes a few player crash at the same time, sometimes all players crash ALL at the same time. We had an event last weekend where 20 players get their arma3 nuked at the same time in the middle of the mission while doing nothing then talking how to go on. Also some CTD's and heavy lagg while using zeus and placing a ammo box (with stuff in it, after placing it was empty). ServerFPS all time 40-50!

Server didnt crash, only when too many mods are loaded there a some strange things going on (on closing the server still hang up as process and need to be killed from tmg, server dont show up on server browser but it can be connected over ip)

Would be cool to have some MORE info in the serverbrowser then "join/left". A short error message why person cant join, why he left... we often have kicks from battleeye from players with low hardware.

Edited by Numrollen

Would be cool to have some MORE info in the serverbrowser then "join/left". A short error message why person cant join, why he left... we often have kicks from battleeye from players with low hardware.

This x1000!

In regards to http://prntscr.com/4j7x1v

There is no -exThreads=8, only 0, 1, 3, 5, 7. Its main use is client side and we've getting told by devs in this thread that using more than 1 isn't necessary.

reference: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters

Why use -noCB but still -enableHT? I'd remove -noCB (remember that -cpucount overrides -enableHT so only use one of them).

MEM is ASM reports way more than the amount you specified in -maxmem. Since official up-to-date documentation is hard to get (to say the least, one forum post here, one devblog there ....) when it comes to dedi-servers I'm not sure if -maxmem=3071/72 is in effect yet but try changing to that.

Not sure those parameters will help you up from the quite abysmal 2FPS to 40+, but it ought to bring an improvement at least. :)

Edited by bamse