Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

The server and the mission were updated yesterday afternoon. The problem is gone for now. Shows that bad server fps still drags down client performance to a crawl.

This may have been answered elsewhere (but I've not spotted it in the 70+ pages yet)..

Is the tbb4malloc_bi_withSSE2_v4_4 no longer recommended with 1.58? Which is the recommended Malloc to use now?

This may have been answered elsewhere (but I've not spotted it in the 70+ pages yet)..

Is the tbb4malloc_bi_withSSE2_v4_4 no longer recommended with 1.58? Which is the recommended Malloc to use now?

the TBBv4 included with game MAIN/PROFLING/DEV branches is already compiled with SSE2 by default, thus those old allocators aren't needed

• Like 1

the TBBv4 included with game MAIN/PROFLING/DEV branches is already compiled with SSE2 by default, thus those old allocators aren't needed

So I can stop using the one on your Dropbox link now?

Thank you for the reply.

note: newer v4 performance / profiling has only 1 change and that's detection of wrong number in the steam_appid.txt, reported into console and log

So I can stop using the one on your Dropbox link now?

Thank you for the reply.

yes that's what I was trying to explain ...

when there is new 'experimental' allocator ready, I will say and pitch it into main folders ;)

• Like 3

yes that's what I was trying to explain ...

when there is new 'experimental' allocator ready, I will say and pitch it into main folders ;)

Cheers dude. :)

ok....... just so I'm clear...... do I just leave the allocator alone and let it use the default? or do I have to actually select one in the launch parameters? sorry for going on about this...... thanks

nothing selected (or enforced anywhere) as allocator == default == Intel TBB v4

the only usable other allocator for majority of users is 'system' allocator (within Windows)

the quality of experience with that one will vary (the newer OS the better so 10>8.1>8.0>7>Vista)

and in most cases Intel TBBv4 was better but again some claim the OS one is better

and then some 'in rare' cases claim the TBBv3 works slightly better than TBBv4

(which I would not recommend as v3 is badly outdated (literally dozens optimizations and of bugs fixed since)

then there is the Fred41 allocator supporting large pages, which is v4 but outdated build again (with problems)

works again just for some ...

• Like 2

We built a custom Allocator with large pages and AVX. The performance boost is nice. 

When can we have the option in main branch to disable HeapMgr ?

Valthos: care sharing with the community? :)

• Like 2

nothing selected (or enforced anywhere) as allocator == default == Intel TBB v4

the only usable other allocator for majority of users is 'system' allocator (within Windows)

the quality of experience with that one will vary (the newer OS the better so 10>8.1>8.0>7>Vista)

and in most cases Intel TBBv4 was better but again some claim the OS one is better

and then some 'in rare' cases claim the TBBv3 works slightly better than TBBv4

(which I would not recommend as v3 is badly outdated (literally dozens optimizations and of bugs fixed since)

then there is the Fred41 allocator supporting large pages, which is v4 but outdated build again (with problems)

works again just for some ...

Ah ! Thank you sir. I needed the crayons out for that explanation lol! but thanks for the info. ill leave the malloc empty for now. Cheers bro.

Still waiting for a fix, Running the performance binary V3 at the time with malloc unchecked. After about 1 hr the FPS drop shows its ugly head again. The sound begins to stutter and FPS drops around 2-3 fps. Please fix this as It is hard to admin a server when I'm having to drop out of the game while trying to help someone.

What's the consistency in the FPS drop issue? Our server hasn't encountered any of those issues, but does very occasionally crash out, and the RPT logs are absolutely flooded with random spam of the following;

0:52:35 Server: Object 4:91 not found (message Type_91)
 0:52:35 Server: Object info 17:30 not found.
 0:52:35 Can't change owner from 0 to 2
 0:52:36 Server: Object info 17:30 not found.

Are the above errors contributing to degrading performance at all? The can't change owner I think is due to a player disconnecting and reconnecting (potentially getting a new owner ID).

On my test server, using the EDEN 3D Mission.sqm file, I get these at startup:

21:01:58   found in (121,435).
21:01:58   found in (121,436).
21:01:58   found in (122,437).
21:01:58   found in (122,436).
21:01:58   found in (122,436).
21:01:58   found in (123,437).
21:01:58   found in (123,437).

Possibly a problem with nicos_aged model too:

21:03:12 Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in a3\characters_f_epc\civil\c_nikos_aged.p3d. Selection 1c not found
21:03:12 Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in a3\characters_f_epc\civil\c_nikos_aged.p3d. Selection 2c not found
21:03:12 Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in a3\characters_f_epc\civil\c_nikos_aged.p3d. Selection 3c not found
21:03:12 Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in a3\characters_f_epc\civil\c_nikos_aged.p3d. Selection 4c not found
21:03:12 Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in a3\characters_f_epc\civil\c_nikos_aged.p3d. Selection 5c not found
21:03:12 Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in a3\characters_f_epc\civil\c_nikos_aged.p3d. Selection 6c not found
21:03:12 Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in a3\characters_f_epc\civil\c_nikos_aged.p3d. Selection 7c not found
21:03:12 Wrong vertex mapping for person collision geometry found in a3\characters_f_epc\civil\c_nikos_aged.p3d. Selection 8c not found

if you server is crashing out we need the RPT, MDMP, BIDMP files from moment of crash

compressed, upload to dropbox or googledrive and PM me the URL for download

same goes for client crashes ...

Dwarden,

I think 1.58 broke HC

We are trying to spawn AI directly on HC, instead of delegating from Server to HC.
There seems to be issue of deleting this units, server leaves empty models / ghosts on the map!

This is what we do
 1. group is created on the server "empty"
2. group locality is changed via setGroupOwner to one of the available HC
3. server send a PVclient to the HC with the empty groups as a parameter
4. the HC create the units locally on his machine
5. the units fight/move (they do ai stuff)
6. upon a timeout, the units are removed from the group
7. the group is deleted
note that 6&7 are performed on the HC (localy)

this results in empty "ghost" models
P3D models floating around
note that 6 = deleteVehicle to remove the units

I'm not sure if 1.58 broke it, but very possible.

You can also see it here
BI_hc.jpg

Another thing on the picture below you can see HC's does not own any AI

now.jpg

Here is picture of Zeus where you can see the AI that got stuck

1be0e188-102e-11e6-9972-c25b5a1d7587.jpg

9:30:15 "[CTI (DEBUG)] [frameno:29308 | ticktime:630.613 | fps:45.4545] [FUNCTION: CTI_PVF_Client_OnTownDelegationRemoval] Town [Girna] deleting unit [R Charlie 2-3:7] from group [R Charlie 2-3], local? [true]"
9:30:15 "[CTI (DEBUG)] [frameno:29308 | ticktime:630.613 | fps:45.4545] [FUNCTION: CTI_PVF_Client_OnTownDelegationRemoval] Town [Girna] is unit removed? unit [2d59a040# 165169: ia_soldier_01.p3d]"

if you server is crashing out we need the RPT, MDMP, BIDMP files from moment of crash

compressed, upload to dropbox or googledrive and PM me the URL for download

same goes for client crashes ...

Aye, I'll get them if it happens again. Trouble is I haven't been online in the last couple of days so the crash logs have been removed.

Do you know who's looking into performance differences between 3D maps and 2D maps?

We built a custom Allocator with large pages and AVX. The performance boost is nice. 

When can we have the option in main branch to disable HeapMgr ?

Valthos: care sharing with the community? :)

Yay,  How about it ..? 

1.58.135894 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v5, server and client, windows/linux

* even more crashes fixed

* fixed VON issue degrading playback quality

* resolved issue with video-format playback

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B03-H4YIbhkFMUt5RzNqZjFlNGs

• Like 5

1.58.135894 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v5, server and client, windows/linux

* even more crashes fixed

* fixed VON issue degrading playback quality

* resolved issue with video-format playback

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B03-H4YIbhkFMUt5RzNqZjFlNGs

Hi, good day, maybe this is stupid but what do i do with this file ? What to use in the malloc this days ?  Having some FPS drop after some time.

It is looks like that triggers (unit presenÑe in trigger radius - case) is not working on dedicated server with 1.58.135894 v5 server build, Anyone can confirm this?

Hi, good day, maybe this is stupid but what do i do with this file ? What to use in the malloc this days ?  Having some FPS drop after some time.

All is in readme files. You need to download performance file, rename .exe in it to arma3.exe and replace original arma3.exe in root folder. Also consider using system mem allocator in launcher - to test the performance.

• Like 1

It is looks like that triggers (unit presenÑe in trigger radius - case) is not working on dedicated server with 1.58.135894 v5 server build, Anyone can confirm this?

NM it seems it was a different issue.