Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

I'm having errors with our server on version 1.24 bootcamp update. For some reason our servers now start to crash when we shoot at enemies, we will get a few minutes into a firefight and the server just crashed with no errors that I'm aware of. I heard a small rumor that if you use addon guns against the AI, it crashes due to the ballistics in the new update, not sure if thats correct, but thats what I heard. Anyways if anybody has resolved this issue or knows what to do, please reply back ASAP. My unit can't do operations until its fixed.

Thanks

Drifter

Same here!

We got same problem after the update, server crashed once enemy got shot. After hours of examining, we assume mods related to bullet may make server crash, including weapon and ballistic mods.

We are seeing frequent crashing with your latest PERF patch (1-2 per day). I'm reverting to vanilla server.exe. I'll post the logs later today for you dwarden.

I need mdmp, bidmp, rpt file from moment of crash, ofcourse 7zipped

I need mdmp, bidmp, rpt file from moment of crash, ofcourse 7zipped

Here you go kind sir: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B70KE6LT-M_gRDdEajZ3NHEzdUE/edit?usp=sharing

---------- Post added at 15:21 ---------- Previous post was at 14:25 ----------

After switching to the vanilla server.exe we had another crash today...so it may not be something in your PERF exe...However, this just started happening since the last patch.

With the vanilla server.exe, anything you can tell me/help me with to prevent these crashes?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B70KE6LT-M_gYzVlSUlvQ0MyXzQ/edit?usp=sharing

Hi Dwarden,

I confirm the same as Spanish. We are running the vanilla stable version and have 1 crash per day.

The mission is an AAS type with no mods and BE activated to avoid hacks...

You can find the last log after a crash this morning : http://62.210.206.92/Armadeus%20crash%20nomod%20vanilla.7z

you not using latest perf2 , the crash is from 1.24 stable Version 1.24.125979

you not using latest perf2 , the crash is from 1.24 stable Version 1.24.125979

Yes I confirm you that it is vanilla server.

We'll give a try with perf2 so.

Hello Dwarden,

We have the same trouble with perf2 (maybe a little bit more stable with perf).

Here is the dump for latest crash : http://62.210.206.92/Armadeus%20crash%20nomod%20vanilla%20perf2.7z

Thanks for your support

EDIT 24/04/2014 :

A new crash again today.

It seems that the crash happen all the time when a new user is connecting after the game has been finished.

Edited by sebj
new crash

We have also problems, not with crashing server but with players gets kicked or arma3 crashes. yesterday an event ended because of this, very frustrating. Also players reconnection having sometimes VERY long "connection screen". we will make an event again next weekend where i will post logs. Still have massive fluctuation in GPU load efficiency, from 98% down to 35% with even the serverFPS are @50FPS. This is AT THE MOMENT our biggest performance problems for all players!

BTW: When we will see the first perfs for 64Bit? How is the progress?

Edited by Numrollen

1.24 PERF3 / PROF3 available with new:

•Fixed in r.126032 - Damage on static objects doesn't transfer to JIP players

+ some crashfixes

Is this magic binary already in the latest stable branch patch? Or do we have to wait until every server runs it?

At the moment multiplayer performance is as bad as always, so I am really looking forward to see this binary on every server!

Is this magic binary already in the latest stable branch patch? Or do we have to wait until every server runs it?

At the moment multiplayer performance is as bad as always, so I am really looking forward to see this binary on every server!

Theese binarys are compatible with/newer than stable branch, so go ahead and try on your server if u run stable.

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

I noticed PERF4 is out, what's new?

some PhysX crash fixes

no, new PERF/PROF binary hopefully soon this week ...

no, new PERF/PROF binary hopefully soon this week ...

I actually see the difference now w/out the PERF update...my FPS were a bit lower than normal under a full player load.

windows & linux 1.26 PERF/PROF v1, needs both client & server binaries (sadly stable binary isn't compliant due to desync fixes)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/neug53pchu1lv56/AABgJCNSx8Thw9F-BDcOAO4Ia

for testing one CHIMERA is up, 1.26 PROFv1 server :

37.187.132.224:2802

needs 1.26 perf1 client and server (stable client will fail/do weird stuff/kicked)

* this build is testing MP fixes, optimizations and shall slay the desync (bug), v1.27 fixes included

+

requiredBuild = 126868;

use this in server cfg to prevent users with 1.26 stable to join your 1.26 perf1 server, saves headache for both sides

windows & linux 1.26 PERF/PROF v1, needs both client & server binaries (sadly stable binary isn't compliant due to desync fixes)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/neug53pchu1lv56/AABgJCNSx8Thw9F-BDcOAO4Ia

for testing one CHIMERA is up, 1.26 PROFv1 server :

37.187.132.224:2802

needs 1.26 perf1 client and server (stable client will fail/do weird stuff/kicked)

* this build is testing MP fixes, optimizations and shall slay the desync (bug), v1.27 fixes included

+

requiredBuild = 126868;

use this in server cfg to prevent users with 1.26 stable to join your 1.26 perf1 server, saves headache for both sides

Damn, I can't use this...glad you think it fixes the desync bug, that's good to hear. After tested and confirmed any idea how long your company would take to push this out on Steam?

i can´t open arma3client_126perf1.exe PhysX3_x86.dll not found.

i can´t open arma3client_126perf1.exe PhysX3_x86.dll not found.

The PhysX dlls are in the Arma3 directory. If the client exe can't find them, then you didn't put it into the Arma3 directory before starting it (which is required).

Damn, I can't use this...glad you think it fixes the desync bug, that's good to hear. After tested and confirmed any idea how long your company would take to push this out on Steam?

not fully

so, those of you who experience the 100000 desync bug (all the time), please use in server cfg

guaranteedupdates=false;

this disable the optimization of sending the guaranteed messages only on 'state' change