Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

1.62.137824 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v11, server and client, windows/linux

- more crashes fixed 

available via STEAMklient/STEAMcmd as branch too, read https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Steam_Branches#Arma_3_Server

• Like 1

1.62.137872 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v12, server and client, windows/linux

+ performance improvement for helicopters/VTOL nav/land seek

available via STEAMklient/STEAMcmd as branch too, read https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Steam_Branches#Arma_3_Server
  • Like 2

Profile trace for today using this new 1.62.137872Trace_08-06-16.rtf

I did play for a longer period before the perf hit.  Noticed that it happened after a defense mission ended (co-op, Invade & Annex, no mods). Possibly script related?

Hope it helps!

1.62.137911 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v13, server and client, windows/linux

+ fixed multiple crashes

+ fixed some netcode issues

+ fixed params scriptcommand error

+ fixed officials server list ingame UI

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B03-H4YIbhkFMUt5RzNqZjFlNGs

• Like 3

1.62.137911 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v13, server and client, windows/linux

+ fixed multiple crashes

+ fixed some netcode issues

+ fixed params scriptcommand error

+ fixed officials server list ingame UI

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B03-H4YIbhkFMUt5RzNqZjFlNGs

Hi thanks for the work done on it.

Is it possible to have the linux files of the last version? I'd be able to test as well and give a feedback. Thanks!

Keep up the good work,

Gan

linux server binaries for v13 now uploaded too, sorry for delay

linux server binaries for v13 now uploaded too, sorry for delay

Thanks Dwarden. No problem!

I appreciate the work done. I'll be patient.

I want to pay your attention to point of the BIOS menu on your MB:

-CPU Configuration

Intel Virtualization Technology [Disabled]
When set to [Enabled], a VMM can utilize the additional hardware capabilities provided by
Vanderpool Technology. Configuration options: [Disabled] [Enabled]

On client PC, it has to be switched off. My result - considerably stable FPS 50-60 in single \ network game.

On client PC, it has to be switched off. My result - considerably stable FPS 50-60 in single \ network game.

that question is, are you running any security software (AV/AM/AT etc) ?

that question is, are you running any security software (AV/AM/AT etc) ?

Only standard Win 10 Defender.

According to my observation, technology "Intel Virtualization Technology" bad influence on performance Arma3, sharp jumps FPS, friezes. When turned off in the BIOS "Intel Virtualization Technology, the game runs smoothly and stable FPS.

With arma3client_performance_162_137824_v11 I played on the server almost three hours. On the server was 20-25 players.

The whole time My FPS was 50-60, anywhere on the map.

I can confirm it, i have it disabled and nobody believe me i got good fps :)

I arrived here by following a link from another thread. Up until the 1.62 update, I got a consistent 50-60 fps on almost any map in SP with almost all of my graphics options set to Ultra or Very High.  After the upgrade, my FPS was still generally the same but as I played, sometimes after only 10 minutes or sometimes after an hour or so, my FPS would drop as low as 5 and I would see freezes and player model glitches. I looked into many things, like overheating but none of that seems to be the issue because I can sometimes do a save and reload (without exiting the mission) and everything would go back to normal for awhile. Does this sound like something that disabling the "Intel Virtualization Technology" might help to fix? I've already disabled it (but haven't tried it yet) but while in my BIOS setup, I noticed that there is also an option to disable "Intel Virtualization VT-d" which stands for "Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O".  I looked it up but I find it a bit confusing. Apparently, "Intel Virtualization Technology" is an umbrella term for all of their virtualization technologies and VT-d can still be enabled when the primary "Intel Virtualization Technology" is disabled. What I'm wondering is, should that option be disabled also? Thanks for any help.

I turned off the Intel Virtualization Technology in the bios and still got the 2 fps bog down today, so this thing is still a mystery.  The unanswered questions are: What's the difference between players that don't have this problem and the ones that do?

• What are their OS?
  • Does this happen on AMD GPUs?
  • What parameters do they have set in their Launchers?
  • What Nvidia driver version are they using?

Hmm, think I'm going to start testing old drivers.

I turned off the Intel Virtualization Technology in the bios and still got the 2 fps bog down today, so this thing is still a mystery.  The unanswered questions are: What's the difference between players that don't have this problem and the ones that do?

• What are their OS?

On the off chance that it might help, my specs that could even remotely be applicable are listed below. The OS and ARMA 3 are installed on the SSD and I don't overclock anything.

My ARMA 3 launcher parameters are all default except:

CPU Count: 8

ExThreads: All checked

File Patching: Enabled

System Specs:

MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz

RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 1866

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5 w/Nvidia Driver Version 368.81

SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB SATA

HD: (X2) WD BLACK SERIES 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache

PSU: CORSAIR RMi Series RM750i 750W

• Like 1

Thanks @scimitar.  So does anyone with Windows 10 get this problem with the 2 fps?

Yes the problem are also with win10 - my guess is that all players will eventualy have this problem if they play long enough. I can say that when my arma3.exe have used around 3200000k of ram i can be sure that the 5fps problem are close. Lets say i would play only for 1 hour, i would never see the problem but with longer play the problem will be there.

I seem to be able to prolong the time i until the problem comes by lowering texture and object quality, but the problem will still come if i play long enough.

The time until the problem are there are dependent of how fast the memory avail for arma3.exe is reached.

I arrived here by following a link from another thread. Up until the 1.62 update, I got a consistent 50-60 fps on almost any map in SP with almost all of my graphics options set to Ultra or Very High.  After the upgrade, my FPS was still generally the same but as I played, sometimes after only 10 minutes or sometimes after an hour or so, my FPS would drop as low as 5 and I would see freezes and player model glitches. I looked into many things, like overheating but none of that seems to be the issue because I can sometimes do a save and reload (without exiting the mission) and everything would go back to normal for awhile. Does this sound like something that disabling the "Intel Virtualization Technology" might help to fix? I've already disabled it (but haven't tried it yet) but while in my BIOS setup, I noticed that there is also an option to disable "Intel Virtualization VT-d" which stands for "Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O".  I looked it up but I find it a bit confusing. Apparently, "Intel Virtualization Technology" is an umbrella term for all of their virtualization technologies and VT-d can still be enabled when the primary "Intel Virtualization Technology" is disabled. What I'm wondering is, should that option be disabled also? Thanks for any help.

You should try disabling VT-d or any other "Intel Virtualization Technology". The technology is aimed at the distribution and Division of CPU and RAM in creating virtual PC, requires a multivalued operations.

The existence and name of this technology may differ and depend on the CPU and chipset.

• What are their OS?

My system is Windows 7 64 bits, My other specs are in signature

Parameters :

Beznbsptytuu_zpsjtqjmzqc.png

My system is Windows 7 64 bits, My other specs are in signature

Parameters :

Beznbsptytuu_zpsjtqjmzqc.png

Yay, I see this massive fps drop only on 1 mission. I rn a w7 64 bit OS. 4 cores HYPERTHREADED  no x-threads. Nvidia mobile graphics x2 (3.92 driver I think, or 3.62- the one they advertised  for ARMA) What I think it is is some older scripted missions, Like from ofps days, that are spawning the whole map, and have alot of scripted features. (b4 all the script improvements.)

• Like 1

No joy on using legacy drivers from February (361.91). Noticed when the game's ram usage got to about 3,600mb, that's when it went crazy.

So even with loads of ram (32gb), this thing still tanks.  Looking like a memory management issue.

• Like 2

So the only fix for this low fps issue we are getting is to disable a cpu feature in BIOS? I'm pretty sure INTEL knows what they are doing before I will disable their designs/engineering for BIS' shit programming to work... do I make sense with that statement? It's like you buy a Ferrari, and your town sheriff says you gotta limit the engine to 30mph to be smooth on the crap pot holed roads. Do you reconsider the hot rod or move to a better town, just sayin. My patience with Arma has been wearing thin considering arma 2 never ran well for us warfare server guys either.

Dwarden have you had a chance to look into this?

Disabling "Intel Virtualization Technology" in the BIOS had absolutely no noticeable effect for me. I have noticed that the time between normal FPS and the sudden drop seems to depend a good bit on the number of mods that are loaded, with fewer mods giving longer normal performance until the frame rate degrades. I've also noticed that when starting a gaming session, that loading a saved game in an already started mission, seems to bring about the FPS drop quicker than starting a new mission from the beginning. This issue has gotten so annoying, that I'm probably going to stop playing until it is addressed. The only other option that I see is to go back to 1.58 until then but I don't know if I want to deal with that hassle.