Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

no difference in case of the positioning issue

Regarding the positioning bug:

In all of the missions that I have observed this, a shorter day is simulated by setting the time ahead at intervals.

Can people who are experiencing this confirm or deny that this is true for you?

Regarding the positioning bug:

In all of the missions that I have observed this, a shorter day is simulated by setting the time ahead at intervals.

Can people who are experiencing this confirm or deny that this is true for you?

No we don't use this function...

No we don't use this function...

Thanks, I've removed my comment about it on the tracker.

Also, I recommend we move the discussion of the floating vehicles problem here, thanks for letting us use your thread for so long Dwarden:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177446-Floating-Non-Local-Vehicles-Discussion-Thread

Moderators - please feel free to prune this topic out of this thread and move it to the discussion I have linked above.

Edited by k0rd

1.18 perf2/prof2, has all the hotfix stuff, previous perfs and new anti RPT spam solution, so please test with logs enabled

Following message reported 122x in the last 11.3 seconds
2014/05/09, 20:52:48 No player found for channel 281821440 - message ignored
Following message reported 8x in the last 19.1 seconds
2014/05/09, 20:53:30 Warning: Destruction of 4d2c2400# 1674003: i_house_big_02_v1_f.p3d owned by a static object (4d2c1d00# 1674004: i_house_big_02_v1_f.p3d)
Following message reported 12x in the last 19.7 seconds
2014/05/09, 21:06:50 LODShape::AddLoadHandler: Handler not present in shape [a3\weapons_f\empty.p3d]
Following message reported 17x in the last 171.1 seconds
2014/05/09, 20:46:11 Server error: Player without identity Fergal (id 133161830)

first message logs always, next same messages are being saved for next 10s and after the timeout it's count and saved again with the amount of catches

the system has one dissadvantage, it's not reporting if it takes same reporting longer than 10s so it depends how fast anything comes in the 10s frame

hence the different length of frames

still it shall reduce a lot the writes load

Thanks Dwarden! I thought you guys had Thursday/Friday off, nice surprise. I'll post the RPT after a full day.

We tested the perf2 today with 85 Players over 6 hours on Altis Life and it seems that the 1.18 position issue become more worse.

Approaching vehicles or players that are not moving for a while are totaly out of sync standing all over the place.

Solution, the player where the vehicles is local must drive 10 meters to update the position for the other players.

Have some floating vehicles with perf2 still.

that's to be expected, setposatl or setdir etc bugs are still wip

that's to be expected, setposatl or setdir etc bugs are still wip

srry no Player expects Floating vehicles ,even though they are bugs waiting for a fix

Edited by SPIDYpiet

as I explained the problem is related only to some set* , setpos* commands, hence why I asked for clear and simple repros ...

e.g. I have missions completely unaffected by it

instead I only got 'more aggressive' complains about "there is bug, fix it" ...

I think the problem is till 1.16 there was a few dsyncs but the players can handle it because the netcode was reliable in form of absolute positioning.

1.18 screwed all that up, on each client the position of an object is different including players thats gamebreaking.

In short 1.18 made a good running game into a Alphaphase like game.

U want a repomission take: https://github.com/A3Wasteland/Release_Files

Server i running this mission on: 5.9.89.71:2332 (-profiles=XXX -cpuCount=7 -maxMem=3071 -bepath=XXX -name=Wasteland -port=2332 -config=waste_server.cfg -world=empty -cfg=waste_arma3.cfg -mod=@inidb;)

Need at least 40 Players for max reproeffect, only thing ive done since the problems start is hit the steamupdate.bat.

But i saw this problems on all Arma3 servers and cant imagine that you sont see the problems.

That's a bit unfair, we often get these PERF updates over the weekend or late at night so I have no doubt that they are working really hard on this. This thread is for performance feedback and the improvements so far have been great. The vehicle desync bug has been reproduced and is being discussed here I guess we need to be more more helpful with our reproductions of bugs especially since this one doesnt happen all the time

and as I already hinted the fix is wip ...

and as I already hinted the fix is wip ...

that is all some of us wanted to hear!

I am just wondering if it was caused by an attempt at engine<-->server optimizations, or something else ... The development process is naturally 2 steps forward, 1 step back .. a constant process of breaking and rebuilding .. So I atleast expect that a game under continued development will experience some issues now and then.

On the latest versions (arma3server_118_perf2.7z & arma3server_118_prof2.7z) the BEC can't connect. (Output on console: waiting for server startup).

It would be nice if that could be fixed. :)

We have a event on coming sunday. What and how can i log stuff so i can report about it? will use the newest perf that is avail. this weekend.

Edited by Numrollen

On the latest versions (arma3server_118_perf2.7z & arma3server_118_prof2.7z) the BEC can't connect. (Output on console: waiting for server startup).

It would be nice if that could be fixed. :)

BEC is a third party tool so it's not their job to help you. I'm guessing you are running arma using a different executable so for bec to detect it you can either rename the perf binary to arma3server.exe or add the following line to your bec config.cfg file:

ServerExeName = Arma3ServerPERF.exe

or whatever your perf exe is called

please fix those obvious VON stuttering....over 2 weeks and nothing has been changed......

Will this be fixed in an upcoming performance binary or do we have to wait until the next official update? I'm waiting for Dwardens magic ;)

Patience, young padawan. All good things come to those who wait!

Can with the perf2 be used ->> -cpuCount=x -maxMem=3071 ? I tested yesterday a bit around and cant see more cores that are used. I did read about HT, any issues with that? Didnt even know arma3 dedicated recognize if its HT or not.

Btw. is with 1.18 anything new to headlessClient? i cant get them to work anymore..

I can remember back in the olden days we were encouraged to do tests with HT off and I certainly did see a positive difference with it off. I would give the same advice again, so try it and see if there is a positive impact.