Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

We are not suffering from random crashes just crashes at the end of a round. (but i'm pretty sure it's due to the mission).

More people having desync issue (flying vehicles, lag with high rate of fire weapons) : http://eutw.net/index.php?id=home

Arma 3 v1.18 Issues - 02.05.14 (Xodius)

As many of you are already aware, there was an update that occurred the other day. There is some good things and some bad. The bad I will highlight below, so everyone is in the know:

1. Floating and flying vehicles - This has been an issue with MHQ's specifically and possibly MRAP's in general where they are floating about 10-15m above the ground. The other is if you accelerate quickly over a hill and get some nice air, you may continue to fly forward. This is a BIS issue that they will have to fix

2. Mission Loading Issues - We quickly fixed this in a Delta update on 1.97.0 and increased the sleep timer in the mission init to 20 seconds. This is a problem with our mission scripting and what we have done here with the delta update is temporarily fix it, but you may still find that it occurs from time to time. If you find that you spawn at a place other than the HQ then just respawn. If you find the shop is not working, you'll need to leave and come back. If the MHQ's are still at a different location. Have someone transport there and destroy them. They should respawn at the correct location after 2 minutes.

3. High RoF vehicle weapons can cause lag - This is a known BIS issue that seems to get amplified with the number of people that are around when you are firing. This issue seems to include Pawnees, Ghosthawks, Orca Armed, and all jets.

We will monitor the progress closely with what BIS is doing and hope that a hotfix is available soon (Perferably today).

Thanks for your patience.

Edited by SpanishSurfer

i would like to see some ArRma 3 Feedback tracker ticket created for the floating and flying vehicles accompanied with simple MP repro mission w/o mods and w/o callExtensions

no crashes on any of my experimental server, no reports about position issues ...

could you post your server startup commandline here?

+ some hardware info like memory size, CPU type (core count etc)

Startup:

-profiles=C:\gameserver\arma3\a3master -cpuCount=6 -noglogs -maxMem=8192 -bepath=C:\gameserver\arma3\a3master\BattlEye -port=2302 -config=server.cfg -world=empty -cfg=Arma3.cfg -mod=@life_server;@Arma2NET;@ASM;

Processor E5-1650

32 GB Ram

2x SSD

100 Mbit

85/85 Playercount mostly over 6 hour periods.

Problems like i and the other users described.

Another thing i noticed is that publicvariables not synced reliable anymore, got a few problems that depends on publicvariables not syncing.

-noglogs is wrong , it should be -nologs

also your CPU has 6 cores and 6 HT, with 1.18perf1 you can use -cpuCount=12 (unles you run dedicated client on same box or multiple servers)

with 1.18perf1 you can use -maxmem=3071

make sure you use latest ASM library and pbo and ini

Played on the 127p server yesterday. Was very smooth up to around 90p, then it started to desync a bit. Past 100 it was very desyncy. Still better than most servers on 60p though.

i would like to see some ArRma 3 Feedback tracker ticket created for the floating and flying vehicles accompanied with simple MP repro mission w/o mods and w/o callExtensions

It does happen without mods and without callextensions - but a repro is hard to make as I mentioned.

It is very common though - don't you guys play these updates?

It does happen without mods and without callextensions - but a repro is hard to make as I mentioned.

It is very common though - don't you guys play these updates?

that's the thing we do play them and not seen it yet, hence why the report with simple repro mission is needed

as it might be related to some specific scripting used by only some missions ...

that's the thing we do play them and not seen it yet, hence why the report with simple repro mission is needed

as it might be related to some specific scripting used by only some missions ...

I'd start asking whether or not it is showing in your internal build - because this is very common in both the old dev and now 1.18.

Here is what I know (and I'll make a ticket if you give me some direction)

1) It is a locality issue. Under some unknown circumstances, a player is given the wrong position for a vehicle .. maybe when the player is getting within draw distance of that vehicle (the last part is observation, not fact)

2) Something can happen that will cause the vehicle to "jump" back to its real position - this something can include someone getting into the vehicle, but also can happen at other, unknown, times.

3) it seems to not depend on a lot of players so much- It can be observed with 2 players.

4) I have only observed it with a lot of vehicles on the map, but that may just be coincidence.

5) I have only observed it on dedicated servers - never during mission testing when I host locally.

6) setpos is used on the vehicle in all missions where I observed it

7) JIP players have joined on all observations, but the observer started the mission on more than one occasion and still observed it. So a player can observe it even if not JIP - although maybe it requires *someone* to be JIP

[edit] 8) only happens on empty (of units - not cargo) vehicles

Anything else guys?

p.s. - if you want to see it with your own eyes, it happens a ton in wasteland - just go to a heavily-used base and you'll see crap floating in the air all over the place, but it isn't limited to wasteland by any means.

Edited by k0rd
added number 8

Dorph;2681931']And here are some screens of it.

Yeah same thing here. its actually quite bad

Anyone got an update?

Yeah same thing here. its actually quite bad

Anyone got an update?

good luck, i've been trying to get someone to even ACKNOWLEDGE the problem since 18 april when it was still on dev branch.

to be fair, I was just playing on cz04 and didn't see the problem, although I was only able to play for 30 or so minutes and didn't really get into a big base area.

same problem here

Yes, and here. :(

-noglogs is wrong , it should be -nologs

also your CPU has 6 cores and 6 HT, with 1.18perf1 you can use -cpuCount=12 (unles you run dedicated client on same box or multiple servers)

with 1.18perf1 you can use -maxmem=3071

make sure you use latest ASM library and pbo and ini

Thanks for your replay, core 0 and 1 are dedicated to our Headless client and all other windows applications.

We have tested multicore processing with early 1.16 release and encountered no performance increase with more than 4 cores so we stick only to the physical cores because of the slight overhead of the HT cores taking in.

Today we will test your advices with cpuCount=10 and maxmem=3071

Yes, and here. :(

If i test it on an altis life mission and we are 2 friends on the server 1 in each side of the map

then use a vehicle spawn point to get out 1 - 3 vehicles and move them around a bit and i then go back to my friend their just all inside eachother until i damage one or he gets into one

same happens when there is 40 players on so image that cluster**** xD

happens all across the map but there they just fly in mid air or stand somewhere their not.

running headless client on just 1 native and 1 ht core is little weird , or you run it on 2 physical cores?

in such case would be better run server on 8 and client on 4

running headless client on just 1 native and 1 ht core is little weird , or you run it on 2 physical cores?

in such case would be better run server on 8 and client on 4

Headless Client only executes the callextensions for database communication.

whats with the sound --> ingame voice stuttering....someones begin to talk over every channel ingame and hes already finished over teamspeak but he will talk very laggy ingame few seconds later...we have nothing changed before and after the latest arma 3 patch....

its so fucking annoying :(

whats with the sound --> ingame voice stuttering....someones begin to talk over every channel ingame and hes already finished over teamspeak but he will talk very laggy ingame few seconds later...we have nothing changed before and after the latest arma 3 patch....

its so fucking annoying :(

Yeah i can confirm that too. Happens on all three of my servers after the update.

Edited by da-ben

We have noticed more frequent stuttering among players on VON since 1.18 on our server as well.

i only notice the stuttering in side and global - no stuttering in group/vehicle/direct

i only notice the stuttering in side and global - no stuttering in group/vehicle/direct

i can confirm this

Another problem i encountered yesterday and today with 1.18 is that on some point players cant connect anymore and stuck on receiving data in the lobby.

Happend on my AltisLife and Wasteland server on different roots with totally different configurations.

Got problem as someone reported before , desync, vehicles blowing up after a drive ( and people on it saw one that Im stucked another one that Im moving in one direction and me into another ) , people desync ( position different and someone didnt see vehicles moved but see them at the old positions) and other little problems like that .. Perf 1 here and before that ( 1.16 last perf7 ) was all ok with same mission