Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

Perf5 can use up to 3gb ram instead of only 2gb as i undersrand it. Very promising untill now much better than perf4.

I also seem to have better spread between cores on my cpu. Next ill test with HT on.

Changes stated by Dwarden a page back.

Edited by [HUD]Dorph

Perf5 is Arma3's Ferrari where Perf4 is it's Trabant.

Dang, didn't get an email until today about these new posts. Damn you forum subscription. Oh well. Will try CZ04 tonight. :D

Edited by Kemeros
Typo

Just placed PERF5 into the server, I'll report back when I see how it performs with 40+ people.

remember for PERF5 you shall try use -cpuCount= with value equal to all logical cores including HT

remember for PERF5 you shall try use -cpuCount= with value equal to all logical cores including HT

Will do, thanks.

I had 25 people on the server, the round only 2-3 hours into the game (these rounds go for 8 hours). Server FPS were oddly low, 10-15 fps on average. Nothing new going on versus the PERF4 update. With 25 people I typically see server FPS in the 30-35 fps in the past server.exe files I've used.

Something in PERF5 is dropping server FPS.

Oddly, most players reported smooth frames and I noticed my frames where a little better. One step forward with one foot and a step back with the other.

Played a bit on 37.187.132.224:2302

Only 4 people so not much of a test.

Still got to see my FPS at 70-85 FPS in MP. Never saw that before. Only ever got to 40-60 FPS.

Can't wait to test more. :)

I dont know what causes the most client fps drop. we have often missions where serverFPS is 48-50 but client framerate is so low. Objects? AI count (with HC you can spawn 300, 400) does have an impact even the player dont see them. Is it the internet connection so i cant sync fast enough? What can have such an impact on the client while the server is top? I still dont have a clue. I have also seen a bug in 2 missions now that while standing i have e.g. 48fps, while running 32fps. One of these mission is the new patrol ops 3.1 while 3.0 didnt have this. this is reported by all players.

Ah and now ontopic: The new perf5 is obsolet with the new patch? ;)

What version of the mp server is used in todays 1.18 stable-branch patch, perf5?

Im pretty sure that perf5 6 7 didnt make it into 1.18stable. I have got lower performance and crash issue on mapchange

on a stressed server is back with 1.18. So looking very much forward to 1.18perf1 :)

Dorph;2679464']Im pretty sure that perf5 6 7 didnt make it into 1.18stable. I have got lower performance and crash issue on mapchange

on a stressed server is back with 1.18. So looking very much forward to 1.18perf1 :)

Same here, come on Dwarden...Give us PERF1! :)

Dwarden, the latest stable patch (1.18) is causing a weird situation on our server. Sometimes, when players exit vehicles, the vehicles are suspended in the air about 10meters and never come down. This has happened several times now since the new patch.

Dwarden, the latest stable patch (1.18) is causing a weird situation on our server. Sometimes, when players exit vehicles, the vehicles are suspended in the air about 10meters and never come down. This has happened several times now since the new patch.

that's weird but I guess would be to try create repro, I have no such report from anyone else, also PERF/PROF 1.18 hopefully soon today

Yeah i can confirm that!

On our Server 1 from 10 Vehicles are elevated 10-20m above groundlevel for other players exepct the driver after dismount.

Even more worse is the fact that vehicle AND player positions are not correctly synced between clients, that means for one player the car is standing 5meter far off than for an other, same problem with players.

We got some serious issues that a player was killed in a position hiding but for the killer he stand right outside the building!

All that since 1.18.

We just had a deployment a few hours ago, and we had similar situations. I witnessed a player land inside one of our trucks. Then asked the player where the truck was for him and it was some distance away. There seems to be significant desync between player positions and objects. Performance wise, 1.18 is seemingly worse for us generally speaking client and server FPS wise. Will run some tests with ASM tomorrow. Hopefully Perf1 for 1.18 will help in someway.

testing 1.18 PERF1 now CZ00a and CZ00b

Is it possible to patch the latest perf for 1.16 up to 1.18 and publish it here, because desyncs become an major problem today on our server.

Vehicles appear and disappear out of nothing, explosions every 5minuten because an car run into an desynct one.

Another thing i noticed, on both days now since the patch the two of our servers crashed after 4 hours runtime. Never crashed the last 3 weeks before.

Edited by da-ben

that's weird but I guess would be to try create repro, I have no such report from anyone else, also PERF/PROF 1.18 hopefully soon today

here is my first mention of it on april 18th when it was still in dev :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152866-General-Discussion-%28dev-branch%29&p=2669439&viewfull=1#post2669439

(and another conversation I joined today, here)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?177128-Latest-Stable-Patch-Has-Desimated-Game&p=2681196&viewfull=1#post2681196

[edit] and iceman did follow up with me and ask for a repro - but I really have no way to force it to happen reliably - it's something that just happens during multiplayer with vehicles

Edited by k0rd

Dorph;2681259']So where is it ? Any got it' date=' i cant find it.[/quote']

Look on the first post. Go to the spoiler and download it (even though it says 1.14)

PS MY problem is that I cannot see my server running the PERF1 binary :(

SOLVED had to change Steam to Gamespy at the top right

Edited by Kremator

any infos on perf1 stability? random crashes on full server is kinda annoing!

/EDIT1: testing right now on 90/90 - going to report later

/EDIT2: still huge performance issues, server crashing from time to time, player positioning is heavily desynchronized and players losing connection every now and then.

Edited by djules

no crashes on any of my experimental server, no reports about position issues ...

could you post your server startup commandline here?

+ some hardware info like memory size, CPU type (core count etc)