Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

Sorry might be off topic but I have to ask. If these changes result in better frames for multiplayer, will this also result in better frames for single player offline?

Can someone keep us updated in the Linux thread? You are getting us pretty excited in here! : )

Sorry might be off topic but I have to ask. If these changes result in better frames for multiplayer, will this also result in better frames for single player offline?

these are MP related optimization, sometimes they may help (e.g. AI calculation related stuff) in SP but most of time not

also please realize most of time PERF branch don't contain all previous PERF tweaks or all DEV tweaks etc.

sometimes there were cumulative builds but I will usually highlight it, todays build also shall contain some crash fix related to squad system

technically it's PERF/PROF > DEV > RC > STABLE

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

Can someone keep us updated in the Linux thread? You are getting us pretty excited in here! : )

atm there is no plan to have Linux perf/profiling builds but I will see what can be done about that in future

... just a short feedback from a players point of view ...

One hour on CZ04 (samatra wasteland v11, altis), 60-70 players and framerates between 50-60 FPS.

Later very smooth experience with (vsync on 50Hz).

Absolutly playable,

Fred41

... just a short feedback from a players point of view ...

One hour on CZ04 (samatra wasteland v11, altis), 60-70 players and framerates between 50-60 FPS.

Later very smooth experience with (vsync on 50Hz).

Absolutly playable,

Fred41

I'm happy to hear that, considering the server runs your memory allocator debug hook and all possible logging I can toss on it ;)

(and yes the server FPS is quite low)

testing 1.16 PERF2 on CZ04

going to test it with 90/90 players for 6 hours now, gonna report if there are issues

i have tested it on altis life and a3wasteland now with 4 people...

we always drove the same route...

with stable/perf2/perf4

there arent any big differences on our fps so far!?!!?!?

im playing on 1920x1080 with most settings on standard and only get around 20-40 fps...

my guys always wonder why they get 200fps in cs or cod and only 20 in arma3 :cool:

Edited by Gagi2

^^Cos CoD or CS are 10x more shit than Arma3 is. Seriously you cannot compare Arma3 with ANY other FPS out there. Arma3 has so much more going for it.

The majority of the time it is the mission makers fault for crappy performance. It is the same old argument. Get new hardware, or lower your graphic options, or try a different mission, or play on a faster server!

Thanks for new PERF Dwarden ... checking it now on my good server, with good client, with a good mission with decent graphics option .... oooh guess what ... PERFECT !

my hardware should be powerful enough to handle this...

the server is decent too...

but it was also the same with arma2/dayz... there are arma2 missions with 100people on the server without any lag... and the dayz server lags with 5 ^^

So the problem is dayz ... nuff said.

There has been more server optimisation that has gone into Arma3 than ANYTHING we have ever had in any arma. As above .... no problems for me.

perf2 and perf4 were aimed mainly to sort crashes (like half dozen of those)

performance gains are just side-effect

i'm running perf4 in 6hours periods with 90 people right now vor over 12 hours.

it's working fine and most users experience a slight fps increase of about 5%

server performance seems ok, no big changes but its absolutely stable

we still need more fps... without playing on very low details on 640x480... with high end system/graphic cards :(

id love to test this but dont have a clue how to add it to a fps server host were my dedicated server is.

we still need more fps... without playing on very low details on 640x480... with high end system/graphic cards :(

if you not noticed this is about server performance ...

i got 3 serverside fps on a3wasteland after running for 90minutes with perf4

so i would say NO... it doesnt help much ^^

what about perf2 ? or you mean it's same 1.16, 1.16perf1,perf2, perf4 ? (cause as I said perf2 and perf4 are full of stability fixes)

with perf2 after 40min server runtime with 20 players online serverside fps are around 4-5

Edited by Gagi2

with perf2 after 40min server runtime with 20 players online serverside fps are around 4-5

Some versions of wasteland are very poorly optimized. Either your mission it's not well written or your server hardware needs upgrading.

Serverspecs:

Intel® Core™ i7-4770

Quad-Core Haswell

incl. Hyper-Threading-Technology

32 GB DDR3 RAM

HDD 2 x 2 TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 rpm

Mod: A3Wasteland.com

so now tell me... is it my server or the mod? or maybe the game itself :cool:

Serverside fps start at 45 everytime... doesnt matter which binaries we use... and after a short time they are down to 5