Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

Still getting crashes with latest performance branch.

This has crippled our dedi group.  Hopefully latest official hotfix will be released on New Year's or immediately after. 

Had a very odd crash last night. After buttery smooth play I was greeted with a "You were kicked off the game message" after about an hour and a half of solid performance. I'm thinking about verifying my game cache.

Question: Will verifying the integrity of the game through Steam revert me back to the original arma.exe and arma3server.exe or will the performance binaries remain intact? Meaning, after verifying will I need to redownload the binaries?

Currently trying the profiling steambranch, however see no changes, is this branch currently running the same as Stable ?

Had a very odd crash last night. After buttery smooth play I was greeted with a "You were kicked off the game message" after about an hour and a half of solid performance. I'm thinking about verifying my game cache.

Question: Will verifying the integrity of the game through Steam revert me back to the original arma.exe and arma3server.exe or will the performance binaries remain intact? Meaning, after verifying will I need to redownload the binaries?

Verify cache reverts All Game Data including arma.exe.

To prevent this, switch branch to perf or prof.

Verify cache reverts All Game Data including arma.exe.

To prevent this, switch branch to perf or prof.

What do you mean by, "To prevent this, switch branch to perfor or prof.?" I'm currently using the performance binaries.

Are you saying after verifying my game cache, I'll need to download the performance binaries again? I guess I don't understand what you mean by how I can prevent having to do this.

Where can I select which branch I use? Through Steam?

linux headless client still doesn't work with signature verification.

What do you mean by, "To prevent this, switch branch to perfor or prof.?" I'm currently using the performance binaries.

Are you saying after verifying my game cache, I'll need to download the performance binaries again? I guess I don't understand what you mean by how I can prevent having to do this.

Where can I select which branch I use? Through Steam?

Are you saying after verifying my game cache, I'll need to download the performance binaries again?

Yes

If you don't select prof branch from steam, verify cache reverts to normal exe.

So you can switch branch from steam to prevent reverting exe.

special profiling Steam branch for Arma 3 following this wiki page :

https://community.bi...Steam_Branches.

In short :

- Right click on Arma 3 in your Steam Library, then Properties

- Select the tab BETAS

- Enter the code CautionSpecialProfilingAndTestingBranchArma3 then click CHECK CODE

- Finally, still in this BETAS tab, use the dropdown list to select the branch profiling - Performance Profiling Build

Whats the difference between performance or profilling exes?

Yes

If you don't select prof branch from steam, verify cache reverts to normal exe.

So you can switch branch from steam to prevent reverting exe.

special [/size]profiling Steam branch for Arma 3 following this wiki page :[/size]https://community.bi...Steam_Branches.In short :[/size]- Right click on [/size]Arma 3 in your Steam Library, then [/size]Properties- Select the tab [/size]BETAS- Enter the code [/size]CautionSpecialProfilingAndTestingBranchArma3 then click [/size]CHECK CODE- Finally, still in this [/size]BETAS tab, use the dropdown list to select the branch [/size]profiling - Performance Profiling Build

Thanks a bunch!

Last question. Does doing this eliminate the need from having to download the binaries from here or does it just protect the downloads from getting overwritten?

Thanks a bunch!

Last question. Does doing this eliminate the need from having to download the binaries from here or does it just protect the downloads from getting overwritten?

does it just protect the downloads from getting overwritten? 

No.

Does doing this eliminate the need from having to download the binaries from here ?

90% yes.

10% bellow

there is branch on steam you may use, but beware that sometimes data on my dropbox're newer due to manual build e.g. on weekend:

PERF = STABLE branch compatible, no debug layer, no #captureFrame nor diag_captureFrame

PROF = STABLE branch compatible, with debug layer, with #captureFrame / diag_captureFrame

• Like 1

I have been applying these updates to our servers binaries in the hopes of extending crash times and such until a real fix is found.

I was wondering however, in your dropbox there is a TBB4alloc folder with static malloc libraries in there. Should these be replaced also when updating the performance binaries? Or more to the point, is it required to update these?

Regards, Carl.

the one with default game is compiled with sse1, so you may try sse2 one but the difference is marginal (<%)

Where do I find the crash reports that will be most useful to the devs regarding the "out of memory" errors?

For those of you looking for public servers who participate in Dwardens PERF patches, mine stays current with his work. (Server & Client need to participate for full effect)

BREAK

Dwarden, V8 is a big with my regulars, they're reporting some significant FPS boosts from your last 2 versions.

you need provide always RPT,BIDMP and MDMP (if available) from moment crash , all files are needed

you need provide always RPT,BIDMP and MDMP (if available) from moment crash , all files are needed

Ok here are the RPT and BIDMP for each crash. Didn't have MDMP

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9vxw2vwiwqft6p/crash1.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhl1ywl6gfd02i2/crash2.zip?dl=0

1 or more of those crashes might have been with v7 version. I'll post reports for any crashes I have with v8