Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

1.36V1 ~2h uptimes

9f9c279e-d010-41a8-acd8-6cf8f4177435.jpg

we use V1 for 24h with no crash between reboots. I restart my serv every 6 hours.

note: please ignore and endure all PhysX_86.dll crashes, that needs full PhysX library suite upgrade (1.38 or 1.40 is target)

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:02 ----------

Hi,

Tried the v1 perf, lost ~30% FPS server side @ 80 players with same mission code. No crash to report so far, but it has been only since this morning.

could you provide ASM (Arma Server Monitor from Fred41) graph of 1.36 stable vs 1.36 perf 1 (e.g. like Calgon87)

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:03 ----------

Hi.

We were rly happy with the v5 perf on our altis server. We had 30cps/fps with more then 50 players...

Since v.136 its rly bad again. The cpu is not maxed anymore and is stucked between 60 -80% and we got about 2-5fps and 1 cps with more than 50 players. Thats a huge backstep. The server never performed so bad even with 80 players and the normal old library.

Anything we can do?

We are experiencing this too. V5 gave great performance increase FPS/CPS wise. 1.36 took this performance away again :(

as I wrote, those threaded optimizations were unstable and thus aren't part of 1.36 stable, you need get 1.36 PERF v1 server binary

note: don't use BE RCON for admin commands (# commands especially) while rarely BE commands (or better not too) as it causes PERF to freeze (fix is in work)

The v1 perf is still "Not A valid win32 application". I cannot open it on windows 2003 server x86.

The v1 perf is still "Not A valid win32 application". I cannot open it on windows 2003 server x86.

are you using that fred41's tweak for more performance ? if yes then you might need to flip the .exe flag otherwise it will crash on 2003/2000 server and windows 7

as I wrote, those threaded optimizations were unstable and thus aren't part of 1.36 stable, you need get 1.36 PERF v1 server binary

note: don't use BE RCON for admin commands (# commands especially) while rarely BE commands (or better not too) as it causes PERF to freeze (fix is in work)

Hey...

Sorry, if I am to dumb to get this..., but where can I find that "1.36 PERF v1" library you are speaking of with the threaded optimizations?

I already have the arma3serer_performance_136v1 but this is not working for me...Low FPS at ~55 Players...

Would appreciate any help.

first post, download link (dropbox folder) is hidden in 2nd spoiler ;)

are you using that fred41's tweak for more performance ? if yes then you might need to flip the .exe flag otherwise it will crash on 2003/2000 server and windows 7

No, I am not using any fred41's tweaks. It is weird that the binary can be opened without any problems on 32-bit Windows XP, but not on 32-bit Windows Server 2003. It warns that it's "Not A valid Win32 application".

first post, download link (dropbox folder) is hidden in 2nd spoiler ;)

I am sure you mean "arma3server_performance_136v1.7z" which I have already downloaded and I am using it since yesterday.

But there is a huge performance difference between 1.34v5 and this performance binary.

I get very low FPS above 50-55 Players...with the 1.34v5 I got like 12 FPS with 90 Players.

Do you have any suggestions?

Using 1.36 V1 perf binary now and performance has definatly increased from 1.36 but it's still not as good as 1.34 V5.

Dwarden,

Not using ASM unless I see a big performance issue that is not expected. I embeded measures in a few key recurring scripts instead (less information required, less computation needed).

So far, after a long and heavy weekend (up to 120), comparing results with similar loads on same mission: no noticeable gap between 1.34v5 and 1.36v1. First wrong feedback was due to another issue in our case. I'm keeping 1.36v1, thanks for providing them!

FYI, except on the first hours, server FPS seems to be binded to player count only, virtually I could increase server restart time to 6-8 hours instead of 4.

Only one crash to report (Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0142F10C), but so far it happens once or twice a week (since 1.34, whatever perf version we are using) without any mean to identify what is happening nor how to reproduce it, so I can't open feedback for that. Nothing specific here, but I could provide dump files if you think it could be useful.

ye , I would be happy to get any non PhysX_86.dll crashes (RPT, MDMP, BIDMP files from moment of crash - ideally 7zipped into archive)

either post download URL here or if you have something to 'hide' then PM me the url

Hi Dwarden,

I hope you didn't overlook post #657. My servers have been down for 5 days. Could you recheck which side this problem is on?

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk 2

Hi Dwarden,

I hope you didn't overlook post #657. My servers have been down for 5 days. Could you recheck which side this problem is on?

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk 2

I don't have 2003 Server, only 2008 Server, so I can't confirm this issue yet

---------- Post added at 21:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:43 ----------

try get latest VC++ redist

I've reinstalled all the versions of VC++ redists but still no avail.

I can open 1.34 binary and 1.36perfv1-5 without any problems, but running 1.36 will give me a warning saying its not a valid win32 application.

ye , I would be happy to get any non PhysX_86.dll crashes (RPT, MDMP, BIDMP files from moment of crash - ideally 7zipped into archive)

either post download URL here or if you have something to 'hide' then PM me the url

yeah if i could, i would.... But i cant run my server cause of this physix crashes....

well I was told by some users with WS2003 server that theirs arma3server.exe works

can you tell me exactly what OS version you have?

well I was told by some users with WS2003 server that theirs arma3server.exe works

can you tell me exactly what OS version you have?

Sure :) Windows 2012 R2 Foundation x64

if you experience weird issues with vehicles desync,resync,prediction then best to try v3 PERFormance client ! (v3 sever too ;)

is that good or bad ? missing the context to 1.36 stable for example

These massive DROPOUT spikes (actually troughs) ... what is causing that, as I see it on my dedi now and again? ASM, desync, martians?