Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

2.04.147738 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v6, server and client, windows 32/64-bit, linux server 32/64-bit
- Sync with 2.04 mini-update
- Added: Ability to 'force load' Eden Editor scenarios with missing addons - FT-T157981
- Tweaked: Light flare effect is now visible during the day, if daylight is enabled for a light source - FT-T152896
- Fixed: selectionPosition command could not return the position of a face selection - FT-T158916
- Fixed: Zeus camera could get stuck if its direction was set via script - FT-T158928
- Fixed: getLightingAt was ignoring some dynamic light sources - FT-T156930
- Fixed: Server would kick players when a scenario contained a custom models with textures - FT-T147191
- Fixed: "Killed" Event Handler was sometimes firing twice - FT-T149510
- Fixed: Never ending barrage of explosions when a "HandleDamage" Event Handler returned 0

Note: This update comes with an experimental companion mod that adds new UI components for the video settings and Eden Editor menus and also includes SQF Bytecode for most vanilla functions.
You can download it here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2419451036

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/9/2021 at 2:31 PM, Dedmen said:

- Fixed: Zeus camera could get stuck if its direction was set via script - FT-T158928

After realising its the profiling build that fixes this. Its actually not beneficial to zeuses. Using Zeusing and knowing that Q whatever view would raise elevation has been a critical thing. But with this change, changes it so that it goes "up" which would be along the terrain if facing down. 

Just wanted to add my two cent, as it drastically effects myself and others that currently run the build while zeusing, with mods like zeus enhanced. (But yes, I could turn it off), but if its gunna be pushed to main build then I would at least want to say something. 

• Thanks 1

2.04.147757 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v7, server and client, windows 32/64-bit, linux server 32/64-bit

- Tweaked: Improved performance of light flare handling

- Tweaked: Increased number of dynamic lights for the Ultra setting from 16 to 32 (currently only with the companion mod, see below)

-Fixed: Type attribute search in 3DEN was not reset when 'X' was clicked - https://feedback.bistudio.com/T158966

- Fixed: Zeus/3DEN camera vertical movement with Q/Y hotkeys was not vertical 

-Fixed: Crash when placing vehicles with no resolution LODs in the model on a Dedicated Server in view of AI units - https://github.com/CBATeam/CBA_A3/issues/1440

Note: This update comes with an experimental companion mod that adds new UI components for the video settings and Eden Editor menus and also includes SQF Bytecode for most vanilla functions.
You can download it here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2419451036

Also available for manual download (Downloads still WIP, they'll be up soon):

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRG

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B03-H4YIbhkFMUt5RzNqZjFlNGs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Dedmen.

I'm trying to download the latest 2.04 version, but I see the version for the month of March.

Thanks for your job.

2.04.147808 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v8, server and client, windows 32/64-bit, linux server 32/64-bit

- Tweaked: Increased number of dynamic lights for the Ultra setting from 16 to 32 (requires companion mod)

- Tweaked: Zeus pricing handling when in 'god mode' (everything is free)

- Tweaked: selectionPosition alternative syntax now supports proxies

- Fixed: +/- buttons in the Arsenal container loadout list were drawn outside of the listbox - FT-T156702

- Fixed: Multiple joystick axis key binding was not ignoring disconnected devices in averaging - FT-T119742

- Fixed: Crash if a weapon adds itself as sub-item

- Fixed: Sound of ladder climbing being stuck at the bottom of a ladder when in third-person view - FT-T159152

Note: This update comes with an experimental companion mod that adds:

- New UI components for the video settings

- New UI components Eden Editor menus

- SQF Bytecode for most vanilla functions

- Increase of dynamic lights Ultra setting from 16 to 32

About the Zeus pricing handling: you should now NEVER get the "Insufficient Resources" message while you are using Zeus in 'god mode' (no prices/resources, everything allowed). If you find a case where you still get the message, please report it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2.04.147848 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v9, server and client, windows 32/64-bit, linux server 32/64-bit

- Added: -preprocDefine command-line parameter to define global preprocessor macros

- Tweaked: Eden Editor now disables autosaves if an error happens during scenario load - FT.T157168

- Fixed: Eden Editor shift-click rotation was resetting rotation widget rotations - FT-T159275

- Fixed: PiP view distance not scaling when the overall view distance is adjusted

- Fixed: Crash when deleting the Mission Display through the createDisplay script command - FTT157895

- Fixed: Eden Editor's 'Force Load' button did not work on the first try if the scenario is too old

- Fixed: Zeus' Recent menu was not working correctly in 'god mode'

- Fixed: A bug in setVectorDirAndUp - FT-T153531

- Fixed: Eden Editor's placeCompositionInLayer setting was not correctly reordering layers if the composition contained waypoints - FT-T156806

About the Zeus pricing handling: you should now NEVER get the "Insufficient Resources" message while you are using Zeus in 'god mode' (no prices/resources, everything allowed). If you find a case where you still get the message, please report it.

• Thanks 2

2.04.147888 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v10, server and client, windows 32/64-bit, linux server 32/64-bit

- Added: Ability to place Eden Editor Compositions in Zeus
 - Added: zeusCompositionScriptLevel server.cfg / description.ext option
 - Fixed: Secondary ladder climbing sound being stuck at the bottom of the ladder when in 3rd Person Perspective - FT-T159152
 - Fixed: It was possible to change seat to a locked position with the Eden Editor context menu
 - Fixed: Multiple typos in ingame command help for lnbXYZ commands - FT-T159533
 - Fixed: enableGunLights did not always work for every AI unit in a group - FT-T154810

Known Issue: There is one report of issues when running profiling build serverside and having non-profiling players, I will investigate tomorrow but for now I'd recommend not to install the new profiling on servers. If there is an issue it will be fixed tomorrow or thursday.

- Fix for Composition custom vehicle inventory not working when placed from Zeus

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2.04.147903 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v11, server and client, windows 32/64-bit, linux server 32/64-bit
 - Tweaked: Improved Zeus performance if many objects are selected
 - Fixed: Long game freeze when placing Zeus compositions with a lot of objects
 - Fixed: Clients that were not using Profiling branch could not properly connect to servers that did (server-side only hotfix)
 - Removed: Ability to place Simple Objects via Zeus compositions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2.04.147927 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v12, server and client, windows 32/64-bit, linux server 32/64-bit
 - Added: Modifier keys to place Zeus compositions following terrain and at their original position
 - Fixed: If an object was marked as Simple Object in a composition, it could not be deleted after being placed in Zeus
 - Fixed: The disable simulation attribute in compositions was not propagated over the network in Zeus (fix requires Profiling branch to be running server-side)
 - Fixed: Crash when selecting a non-unit entry in the Zeus entities list
 - Fixed: Zeus composition network sync / desync issues
 - Fixed: Zeus cannot delete / move backpacks after spawned via composition

Note 1:
- press CTRL (group units together keybind) to make the composition follow the terrain
- press ALT (raise entity keybind) to place the composition at its original position (where it was created in Eden)

Note 2: This update comes with an experimental companion mod that adds:
 - Fix for Composition custom vehicle inventory not working when placed from Zeus

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2.04.147965 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v13, server and client, windows 32/64-bit, linux server 32/64-bit
 - Tweaked: Improved selectBestPlaces command performance
 - Tweaked: Improved performance of allMissionObjects script command
 - Tweaked: Disabled Zeus object attribute pop-up when placing Zeus compositions (requires Companion Mod)
 - Tweaked: Its now possible in Eden Editor to load ammo boxes and other generic objects into vehicle cargo
 - Fixed: Zeus compositions not updating AI pathfinding grid
 - Fixed: Zeus side symbols disappearing if search yields no results and when switching placement types

- Fix for composition custom vehicle inventory not working when placed from Zeus
 - Script change to hide attribute pop-ups when placing Zeus compositions

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Greets 2 all & super thanks in advance 🙂

I've read but am still confused; If I get this, does it eliminate the need for me to get the exe packs from Google Drive / Dropbox ? Or do I need to wait for GD / DB updates?

My profiling build is v2.04.147965

2.04.147975 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v14, server and client, windows 32/64-bit, linux server 32/64-bit
 - Fixed: Eden Editor Vehicle-in-Vehicle loading not working properly (since v13)
 - Fixed: allMissionObjects sometimes returning an empty array

• Thanks 1

On 7/28/2021 at 7:51 PM, MarcCasey1981 said:

I've read but am still confused; If I get this, does it eliminate the need for me to get the exe packs from Google Drive / Dropbox ? Or do I need to wait for GD / DB updates?

The exe packs on Google Drive / Dropbox are manual secondary uploads of the steam branch

2.04.148049 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v15, server and client, windows 32/64-bit, linux server 32/64-bit
 - Tweaked: openMap forced flag was made to keep the map closed if false
 - Tweaked: Backpacks cannot be loaded into Vehicle-in-Vehicle inside Eden Editor anymore
 - Tweaked: Weapon Holders (Equipment) cannot be loaded into Vehicle-in-Vehicle inside Eden Editor anymore
 - Tweaked: Vehicle-in-Vehicle cargo now uses visual bounding boxes if its size is significantly bigger than the geometry bounding box
 - Tweaked: JIP queue for setUnitLoadout has been optimized - FT-T160059
 - Tweaked: Map marker text length is now limited to 384 characters
 - Tweaked: setVelocity* script commands are now limited to 5 km/s
 - Fixed: It was possible to assemble static weapons inside a vehicle inventory -  FT-T159943
 - Fixed: Eden Editor was randomly reordering vehicle crew and Vehicle-in-Vehicle cargo on scenario load
 - Fixed: Vehicle-in-Vehicle copy-paste re-spawning previously deleted vehicle crew
 - Fixed: PiP not properly re-enabling when enabling right after disabling
 - Fixed: Eden Editor copy-paste issues with Vehicle-in-Vehicle vehicles into a separate layer
 - Fixed: Extreme memory usage and out of memory crashing if clouds are enabled and the camera is too far out of terrain bounds - FT-T160120
 - Fixed: Invalid Vehicle-in-Vehicle cargo order when in Eden Editor when removing an object from the middle of multiple cargo objects

- Fix for composition custom vehicle inventory not working when placed from Zeus
 - Script change to hide attribute pop-ups when placing Zeus compositions

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

On 7/30/2021 at 3:02 AM, Dedmen said:

The exe packs on Google Drive / Dropbox are manual secondary uploads of the steam branch

ok, sorry, still confused  :-\  again, sorry, and thank you  🙂

If I already have the profiling branch active from Steam, do I need to download anything off Google Drive or Dropbox at all?

- as in the GD DB links are backups of the the same Profiling build exe's I have from Steam  ?

- I just need to add "Arma 3 Profiling Branch Companion Mod" to my already existing Steam based Profiling build to get these benefits ?

2 hours ago, MarcCasey1981 said:

ok, sorry, still confused  :-\  again, sorry, and thank you  🙂

If I already have the profiling branch active from Steam, do I need to download anything off Google Drive or Dropbox at all?

- as in the GD DB links are backups of the the same Profiling build exe's I have from Steam  ?

- I just need to add "Arma 3 Profiling Branch Companion Mod" to my already existing Steam based Profiling build to get these benefits ?

As Dedmen said, you only need steam branch to have this version, steam does handle the rest. Forget about drive or Dropbox.
The companion mod is just for the benefit of those extra features. If you see the change log at the end there's a separate list of changes, those are the ones that if you want them, you need the companion mod loaded.

• Thanks 1

2.04.148090 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v16, server and client, windows 32/64-bit, linux server 32/64-bit
 - Added: Instigator parameter to setHitPointDamage/setHit/setHitIndex script commands
 - Added: Number of channels and frequency for audio output to RPT log
 - Fixed: Preprocessor error when using #if after a #else, #endif - FT-T160173
 - Fixed: Crash if objNull is passed to enableSimulationGlobal
 - Fixed: Crash when moving ViV cargo back into a vehicle and when its position is not available anymore
 - Fixed: Debriefing stats not rendering if its on the first visible debriefing page
 - Fixed: hideObjectGlobal could cause crashes if objNull is passed as parameter
 - Fixed: Number plate font was set incorrectly - FT-T159583
 - Fixed: Corrupt Config entry was causing a crash - FT-T160224

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2.04.148121 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v17, server and client, windows 32/64-bit, linux server 32/64-bit
 - Fixed: Zeus composition markers being placed at wrong position
 - Fixed: Zeus composition not rendering preview for markers
 - Fixed: Zeus could not edit markers after they were placed from composition
 - Fixed: Zeus compositions placed at wrong position if placed via map screen
 - Fixed: Unable to move whole group into vehicle in Eden
 - Tweaked: Zeus composition now generates unique name for map marker if desired name already existed

if you cannot use the Steam branch, the files are also available for alternative download here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15p9j7C2nHUt6NoVfChX4YFuqzFXzblJh

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2.06.148230 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v0, server and client, windows 32/64-bit, linux server 32/64-bit

- Sync with 2.06 main branch

- Some profiling branch exclusive performance tweaks that were in 2.04 are still present

if you don't want to use the Steam branch, the files are also available for alternative download here:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2.06.148309 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v1, server and client, windows 32/64-bit, linux server 32/64-bit

- Added: Instigator parameter to setHitPointDamage/setHit/setHitIndex script commands

- Added: Log context for trigger scripts (script errors in a trigger will tell you which trigger they were for)

- Tweaked: regexFind now does not print an error when startOffset is bigger than the string length (it will now fail silently)

- Tweaked: Mission/Object Event Handlers are no longer recompiled when added

- Tweaked: Steam download priorities when downloading Compositions / Scenarios

- Tweaked: AI now do not check if units have their gunlights enabled (for visibility checks) during bright daytime

- Fixed: Number plate fonts were set incorrectly - FT-T159583

- Fixed: Debriefing stats not rendering if they were the first visible debriefing panel

- Fixed: Crash on listbox drag-and-drop operations - FT-T160277

- Fixed: When a UAV was disassembled with its rotors spinning, the engine sound would remain active - FT-T80507

- Fixed: SQF Bytecode crash when trying to read an empty file

- Fixed: Helicopter sound could get stuck and continue playing while the helicopter was gone

- Fixed: createDialog was not working on a briefing screen - FT-T160422

- Fixed: MDF of the Mora was showing the vision mode incorrectly - FT-T127823

- Fixed: Various potential audio-related game crashes and audio glitches

- Fixed: MDMP files sometimes not being written to disk when the game crashes

- Fixed: TrackIR head rotation during infantry movement was greatly amplified

- Fixed: AI could see units emitting IR flashlights even without nightvision

- Fixed: Picture-in-Picture textures not always properly updating their resolution when PiP quality is changed

- Fixed: The irLight property was not working in CfgLights

if you don't want to use the Steam branch, the files are also available for alternative download here (not yet, but later today):

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2.06.148349 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v2, server and client, windows 32/64-bit, linux server 32/64-bit

- Added: Steam Rich Presence

- Added: GPU driver version logging to RPT

- Added: Server config option to dump log when a player has an excessively large message queue size (AdvancedOptions >> queueSizeLogG)

- Added: Log context for which scenario had a description.ext parsing warning

- Added: Log message with context for when a script tries to create a group when the group limit was reached

- Added: Debug log message with context for when a script tries to getVariable on objNull/grpNull

- Tweaked: Performance improvement (sound positions)

- Tweaked: Performance improvement (grass clutter flattening)

- Tweaked: Performance improvement (AI flashlight checking)

- Tweaked: Performance improvement (AI sensor updating)

- Fixed: Game not generating freeze reports on freezes

- Fixed: Map outside color was dark blue on terrains that have outside terrain synthesis disabled

- Fixed: Crash when getSensorTargets is performed on an empty vehicle - FT-161282

- Fixed: TrackIR head movement

if you don't want to use the Steam branch, the files are also available for alternative download here:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

2.06.148373 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v3, server and client, windows 32/64-bit, linux server 32/64-bit
 - Tweaked: Potential performance improvement (non-local AI targeting)
 - Fixed: Rich Presence flag did not work in mod configs
 - Fixed: Weapons of the same kind with a different ammo count got counted as the same weapon in a container in getUnitLoadout - FT-T127850
 - Fixed: Crash when creating rope between a vehicle and itself - FT-T161256
 - Fixed: Potential crash caused by a performance improvement
 - Removed: getVariable on null object/group debug logging if a default value was provided or if unscheduled

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2.06.148478 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v4, server and client, windows 32/64-bit, linux server 32/64-bit

- Tweaked: Log network message type on "message * is pending"

- Tweaked: Don't render volumetric flashlight cone in first person

- Fixed: Crash if vehicle gets deleted during Slingload Waypoint

- Fixed: Mine being instantly armed if the closest vehicle to it is another mine

- Fixed: Editor script fields not displaying errors correctly

- Fixed: playSound disableAttenuation parameter not working properly

- Fixed: When too many IR Lasers were in the scene, only the furthest would be rendered instead of the nearest

- Fixed: Potential crash caused by a performance improvement

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2.06.148560 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v5, server and client, windows 32/64-bit, linux server 32/64-bit

- Added: Script warning messages when trying to add/remove a Music Event Handler and providing an invalid event name

- Removed: Ability to load mines into Vehicle-in-Vehicle cargo in Eden Editor

- Tweaked: Improved Vehicle-in-Vehicle loading/unloading performance especially when many objects are in the cargo space

- Tweaked: Potential performance optimization when attaching static objects

- Fixed: Mission, 3DEN, Music, UserAction Event Handlers could skip some handlers when handlers are deleted while executing - FT-T161871

- Fixed: Config Entity Event Handlers were ignoring their returned value

- Fixed: Mission Event Handler arguments were not stored in savegames

- Fixed: Possible game freeze when running inside Proton

- Fixed: Control and Display Event Handlers could execute the handler code twice when handlers are deleted while executing

- Fixed: Music Event Handlers were not saved in savegames

- Fixed: allowedHTMLLoadURIs was not working if the provided URI was not lowercased - FT-T161958

- Fixed: Sound simulation did not stop when entity simulation was disabled - FT-T161266

- Fixed: The tooltip did not show for custom listboxes created over the gear display - FT-T162052

- Fixed: Modded keybinding category sorting issue if a mod is loaded before the base game

Note: Due to the config entity Event Handler fix, it is possible that there are broken mods which return faulty values in their Config Event Handlers, but never noticed that because they were ignored.
For example the Intercept Mod always returns true on all Config Event Handlers. This caused the player to be unable to open the Inventory. Intercept has been fixed now. If you notice other such issues please tell me immediately.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2.06.148581 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v6, server and client, windows 32/64-bit, linux server 32/64-bit

- Fixed: Potential crash related to a performance improvement

- Tweaked: Character orientation on tilted ladders is improved - FT-T83397

- Fixed: Unloading of a specific cargo with setVehicleCargo was not working - FT-T162101

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1