Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

note, v22 will be ready tomorrow

Will that be rolled into the update or will I still need to download the binaries here? If not, which version number will the Eden update include?

it will revert (remove) the BE related logging (issue needed for was fixed earlier) as there were some issues with it especially when combined with the anti-spam (caused new stalls/crashes)

Will that be rolled into the update or will I still need to download the binaries here? If not, which version number will the Eden update include?

if you mean 1.56 then most of it is in it already, v22 too afaik,

anyway there will be PERF/PROF soon for 1.56 too cause the ongoing battle for stability and better MP performance continues

plus I said several times that some things don't make it into 1.56 and thus PERF/PROF will bridge the gap before 1.58 hits

• Like 1

@avka if possible please update to v21

Hi guys ok

i get memory leak crash with v21 and raynzombies with exilez2 ------its my headless client that crash that also have fums missions

My server is:

aia terrain pack ----chernarus

cup weapons

cup units

nato_rus_weapons

nato_rus_vehicles

asdg joint rails

rayn zombies

then i have FUMS on headless client with couple of missions

here are the error log:

Mods: @Ryanzombies

Extensions:
Distribution: 0
Version 1.54.134596
Fault time: 2016/02/18 08:49:38
Fault address:  00DF0644 01:00C6F644 C:\G3N Servers\Arma\root\arma_3_ds_r2_hcmod\arma3serverMODHC.exe
file:     G3NApocalypseExile (__CUR_MP)
world:    chernarus
Prev. code bytes: 8D 04 88 85 DB 7E 15 EB 03 8D 49 00 85 C0 74 06
Fault code bytes: C7 00 00 00 00 00 83 C0 0C 4B 75 F0 5B 89 77 04

Registers:
EAX:61F60008 EBX:6AAA8DCC
ECX:00000000 EDX:00000000
ESI:6C005C32 EDI:464E3AA8
CS:EIP:0023:00DF0644
SS:ESP:002B:01CFD5A4  EBP:01CFE0EC
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00010202
=======================================================

note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\Arma 3\arma3serverMODHC_2016-02-18_08-35-24.mdmp 

links:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5f9nxz2il5zslds/arma3serverMODHC_2016-02-18_08-35-24.rpt?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3roj019xed8jvtd/arma3serverMODHC_2016-02-18_08-35-24.mdmp?dl=0

Hey, I'm using performance branch on Steam and I noticed 1.56 download didn't start, there's a way to "reset" status with regular one even without performance branch? So I've not to tell to everyone to keep switch between branches? Got some people that are not so "skilled" with PC and this is an issue  :P

1.56.perf is wip for now

Yes I know, I mean reset to vanilla one so people that got this branch enable will start download 1.8 gb, I had lot of people that didn't even remember that they changed branch and I had to told everyone to switch back ( for the moment ) 

1.56.134636 profiling & performance v0 server and client, windows/linux

+ the usual sync with stable

+ additional crash fixes , yet the hunt continue (-crashDiag still has use)

+Fixed: Possible crash in Voice-Over-Net technology (http://feedback.arma...ew.php?id=27974)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

• Like 1

Nice  update 1.56.  Which of the Perfs will I need if I have not been having Big Problems,  I have been running v16,  And Really think v8 was ok. :blink:

Nice update. Have noticed improved client side performance increase, slightly on the server side. (Finally 3D editing, only 12 years behind but nice).

v.1.56 linux server now says: can't open display right after host created.... anything we need to add or remove from the cfg files? or does it matter at all?

10:02:40 Dedicated host created.
Can't open display 
10:02:40 PhysX3 SDK Init started ...
10:02:40 PhysX3 SDK Init ended.

happens with default 1.56 and also performance v0

thx.

Nice  update 1.56.  Which of the Perfs will I need if I have not been having Big Problems,  I have been running v16,  And Really think v8 was ok. :blink:

When a major Update comes out the last perf build is mostly included and it is recommended to use one of the builds that are signed with the right version number. Means for now 1.56 (at least on Windows... I feel with you Linux-guys)

Dwarden, the memory leak is terrible. Arma goes from using 1.5GB at game start to 2.8 after 1 hour. FPS are suffering because of it, can you ask your team to make this a priority?

• Like 2

Hi Dwarden,

is known any time when the callExtension Bug gets fixed ?

since 1.56 it feels that this happens a lot more than with 1.54.

Our players are crying because the get killed when they are in Helicopters when the Simulation Thread freezes. (Helicopters drops down like a stone)

Got a strange "bug" with last perf and 1.56

If I got -nologs option enabled all works fine, if I don't enable it I got this message when I try login into the server ( not even launch mission, I can't login, black screen ) https://gyazo.com/5718059c527c6c21684811da7e9b7e70and server crash once click ok http://we.tl/fF4LTDigPB rpt and BIDMP here ). I tried check integrity cache and all is fine. Why this difference with only a log option? 

Hello dwarden , [/size]

is that you can make the physx turn on GPU(nvidia) instead CPU ?[/size]

Actually PhysX does it itself. But you need a Graphics card that has a PhysX chip buit in.

as far I'm aware we use CPU physics only (because it must work for everyone (including those who have AMD and INTEL GPUs)

so I highly doubt that anything is offloaded to GPU

PhysX is a technology owned by Nvidia that can utilize physics on a seperate chip(not GPU) to decrease workload on the CPU. To run PhysX on this seperate chip you need a Graphics card witha build in PhysX chip (see specification of the card) or a PhysX expansion card (really rare). The Nvidia PhysX driver automatically switch from CPU to PhysX chip(if not overwritten).

To long to read? If you dont have a seperate PhysX chip then everything is on the CPU.

again, failed to read, that's about effects which utilize GPU ... period