Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

Anyone else experiencing AI being totally gimped with v6? They are just passive bullet magnets but when I drop in v5 again, they're back to being killing machines.

I have experienced unresponsive AI lately but im still not sure what the reason was. In SP you can change the AI setting but in MP you have no control over AI setting. Might be server related.

simple working repro mission would be great for ability compare and replicate it

Anyone else experiencing AI being totally gimped with v6? They are just passive bullet magnets but when I drop in v5 again, they're back to being killing machines.

Not all missions being strange with me, I notice some ais (like 1/2 of them) spawning to defend towns seem like they are in  a different world. The other half are still tooth and nail,

MayB its my HC.  v6 seems like v5 as far as that goes,

I have experienced unresponsive AI lately but im still not sure what the reason was. In SP you can change the AI setting but in MP you have no control over AI setting. Might be server related.

Not all missions being strange with me, I notice some ais (like 1/2 of them) spawning to defend towns seem like they are in  a different world. The other half are still tooth and nail,

MayB its my HC.  v6 seems like v5 as far as that goes,

Yup, that's exactly it. Some are still perfectly hostile, some are just stood around day dreaming. lol

simple working repro mission would be great for ability compare and replicate it

Sorry dude, it's AI on my Exile Server using the DMS Mission Systems, along with Occupation AI, and Exile-Z 2.0 Zombies; no mission to supply. :(

Heres one on a 4core ssd server, like 32 gb memory, 2 hcs,  1 player and about 50 ai. 

Perf v6 server/client.  1.58 stable build.  ex threads off. about 2 hours playing.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oqm69ikg8jl6379/AADta_1mTyh-wLRu-HGw0Dtea?dl=0

Im no expert. Can u summarize what happened for me ?

Managers at Jest say itsa game engine problem mayB,...

Yup, that's exactly it. Some are still perfectly hostile, some are just stood around day dreaming. lol

Sorry dude, it's AI on my Exile Server using the DMS Mission Systems, along with Occupation AI, and Exile-Z 2.0 Zombies; no mission to supply. :(

Find any solution yet ?

Find any solution yet ?

Yup, I've rolled back to v5. lol I know these binaries are about bug finding and whatnot but I can't do anything when I've got no players because the AI is so borked. :(

@Kuplion it would be nice if you try 1.60 RC if you can replicate the same issue there ...

@Kuplion it would be nice if you try 1.60 RC if you can replicate the same issue there ...

Hey Dwarden, what flag do I use in SteamCMD to update to 1.60 RC branch (-beta development? -beta?) ?

I'll give it a go and report back.

-beta rc -betapassword Arma3Update160RC

just remember it's not small download ;)

-beta rc -betapassword Arma3Update160RC

just remember it's not small download ;)

Cool, I'll get it downloading now. Thankfully I've got a fast connection and plenty of space to test it with.. :D

EDIT: Downloaded, will spin up a test server now.

Ok, so the AI are about 90% better. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the AI systems I mentioned, but DMS (and Occupation as it's based on it) are working flawlessly, but the ExileZ AI is still completely passive.

DMS: https://github.com/Defent/DMS_Exile/tree/Test

Occupation: https://github.com/secondcoming/a3_exile_occupation/tree/development

ExileZ: https://github.com/patrix87/ExileZ-2

All of these versions work without issue on 1.58 Release all the way to 1.58 Performance v5.

(As a side note, I noticed that my character kept randomly crouching on 1.60 RC. I could literally do nothing and he would randomly crouch. Or if I sprinted, he was crouch once I stopped. Sometimes if I pressed X to standup, he would immediately crouch again.)

Dwarden anything being done about this?

Dwarden,

I think 1.58 broke HC

We are trying to spawn AI directly on HC, instead of delegating from Server to HC.
There seems to be issue of deleting this units, server leaves empty models / ghosts on the map!

This is what we do
 1. group is created on the server "empty"
2. group locality is changed via setGroupOwner to one of the available HC
3. server send a PVclient to the HC with the empty groups as a parameter
4. the HC create the units locally on his machine
5. the units fight/move (they do ai stuff)
6. upon a timeout, the units are removed from the group
7. the group is deleted
note that 6&7 are performed on the HC (localy)

this results in empty "ghost" models
P3D models floating around
note that 6 = deleteVehicle to remove the units

I'm not sure if 1.58 broke it, but very possible.

You can also see it here
BI_hc.jpg

Another thing on the picture below you can see HC's does not own any AI

now.jpg

Here is picture of Zeus where you can see the AI that got stuck

1be0e188-102e-11e6-9972-c25b5a1d7587.jpg

9:30:15 "[CTI (DEBUG)] [frameno:29308 | ticktime:630.613 | fps:45.4545] [FUNCTION: CTI_PVF_Client_OnTownDelegationRemoval] Town [Girna] deleting unit [R Charlie 2-3:7] from group [R Charlie 2-3], local? [true]"
9:30:15 "[CTI (DEBUG)] [frameno:29308 | ticktime:630.613 | fps:45.4545] [FUNCTION: CTI_PVF_Client_OnTownDelegationRemoval] Town [Girna] is unit removed? unit [2d59a040# 165169: ia_soldier_01.p3d]"

1.58.136191 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v7, server and client, windows/linux

* fixed VON codec OPUS quality not working properly (in case of problems vs older clients, use only 3/4/13/14/23/24 vonCodecQuality values)

* improved handling of player UIDs

* new admin commands to handle players with bad connectivity: #maxping <value in ms> l #maxpacketloss <value in %> | #maxdesync <value in %>

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B03-H4YIbhkFMUt5RzNqZjFlNGs

notes: those server #command(s) will get server.cfg counterpart in future builds, acting as 'default' value

disconnectTimeout will get #command counterpart too (and all 4 settings can be combined)

if server.cfg is setting used for default then #command change it only for 1 mission session

if no server.cfg default used then #command changes it until server exit

p.s. Omon, your issue is still in queue, I need to get to it ;) (really sorry it takes time but will try squash it at some point)

• Like 1

sadly it's broken, do not use on server :(

sadly it's broken, do not use on server :(

The whole vers 7 is broken for servers?

The whole vers 7 is broken for servers?

It doesn't seem to let people join.

Haven't tested out V7 but V6 has the server running much better, memory leak wasn't as big a deal as it had been w/other versions. Didn't see the AI issue that others are reporting.   My client ran smoother too, for longer. Had to restart 1 during a 6 hour match, typically I'm restarting every 2 hours. Game average was about 25 people for 5-6 hours....not bad.

Is there any difference between the perfs?

Never mind, I just realized ._.

Edited by cx64

1.58.136234 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v8, server and client, windows/linux

+ all from v7, this time fixed (no autobans)

+ #disconnectTimeout as new admin server-command

+ new server.cfgs settings for defaults of maxping, maxdesync, maxpacketloss

+ some crashfixes

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B03-H4YIbhkFMUt5RzNqZjFlNGs

note: those 4 commands to handle clients with bad connection are atm. w/o any details in console/server log, client just disconnects!

new server commands in profiling (performance) binaries 1.58.136234 / 1.61 DEV / + soon 1.60 RC

#MaxPing <value in ms>

#MaxPacketloss <value in %>

#MaxDesync <value in %>

#disconnectTimeout <value in seconds>

note: disconnectTimeout default is 90 second, range 1-90, too low value might be problem so try between 1-5

+ each has server.cfg counterparts to define default values

if no default from server.cfg defined then value from #command will be active until server exit

otherwise only for single session then default from server.cfg kicks in again

all 4 commands ares possible to combine together

admin #commands works via BattlEye RCON already, same as via GUI as in-game admin

server.cfg example

disconnectTimeout=5;

maxPing=500;

maxDesync=95;

maxPacketLoss=95;

p.s. all max* decisions are calculated as average over time period, so it's not sudden

• Like 2

Thank you for thoses commands :)

Can you explain how disconnectTimeout works?

Its when a player ALT-F4/lose connection or something or even if the player disconnect properly?

What value do you recommand for high pop server (120+)?

the engine by default waits (both on client and server) for 90 seconds before it terminates the connection

that's from the COOP era (and still usable for such missions)

but for PVP , competitive and public servers that's no more usable (due to abuse) ...

hence as I wrote the server admins needs to experiment with finding best value for theirs server in range of 1 to 5 seconds

With V8 i got strange issues: I got killed and cant do anything, my character just lies on the ground i can switch camera only, cant access pause menu etc, tanks sometimes doesnt react to enemy at all.

My AI wont fire from vehicles autonomously since V6, I have to manually spot every single target. Im not the only one with this issue.