Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

Just ran the server for half an hour with 150v150 guys plus heli's and mortars. Hovered at about 1.6gb, no crash  :D  good work so far.

out of memory crashes're something else , see build what I just posted ;)

please read what I wrote, some of the crashes by some of the people reporting in this thread are caused by obsolete/buggy extDB2

What about extDB1?

Been running V16 for about 8 hours with 40-70 players and have had no memory crashes so far. 

I just thought I would mention a small annoyance.  All of the ARMA Sitreps keep mentioning that its only Altis Life servers that are crashing.  I have 2 dedicated servers that run everything from heavily modded ALiVE missions to bare bones vanilla missions and we've been crashing non stop for almost 2 months.  I know that you are working on this Dwarden, but I do hope the rest of BI realizes that it's ALL types of dedicated servers that are crashing consistently..not just Altis Life ones.

Off the soapbox.  Thanks for the continued performance builds sir.

I just thought I would mention a small annoyance.  All of the ARMA Sitreps keep mentioning that its only Altis Life servers that are crashing.  I have 2 dedicated servers that run everything from heavily modded ALiVE missions to bare bones vanilla missions and we've been crashing non stop for almost 2 months.  I know that you are working on this Dwarden, but I do hope the rest of BI realizes that it's ALL types of dedicated servers that are crashing consistently..not just Altis Life ones.

Off the soapbox.  Thanks for the continued performance builds sir.

I read their SITREP earlier today. There was one sentence that stated "We're also not ruling out there is indeed an issue in the engine that might be causing these crashes, but all we've been able to do is add more and more diagnostics to the special profiling builds, and ask administrators to test these. One such build was published today, so we've not given up." So they briefly said that there is an engine issue that "might" be the reason why these servers are crashing. I'm thinking they're just close to a fix and didn't want to admit anything until now. Just my .2.

Crash with v16 http://we.tl/tNkcDQ53W0

sorry that's incomplete, what's needed is MDMP, BIDMP and RPT from moment of crash,

compress those into archive (like zip, 7zip or rar)

17:33:49 Error: can't resize AutoArray to negative size!

=======================================================

-------------------------------------------------------

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0217F4FB

I meant no Windows-errors like 'out of memory' or 'preNLOD'.

sorry that's incomplete, what's needed is MDMP, BIDMP and RPT from moment of crash,

compress those into archive (like zip, 7zip or rar)

Got no BIDMP writed, only MDMP, didn't attached rpt cuz I used nologs so it's useless  -_-

v16 & extDB2 v70 looks good.

Was running yesterday with up to 150 Players without Crash on Server and HC.

v16 is the first version of 1.54 that can run our HC without crashing every 30 minutes.

today i try to reduce the performance brakes(that i have build in to reduce crashes) step by step.

And take a look on what is happening.

And a BIG thaks to dwarden for his work !!! He is a little wizzard :P

Our server is also running fine since yesterday. Thank you dwarden for you excellent work :)

well still crashes to fix, so keep those dumps and logs coming ...

My server ( once I got only half report needed ) kicked HC for a signature ( after like 100 minutes playing ! ), when relogged server crashed after 60 seconds but not HC

Hi Guys here is a number of bugs with 1.54 that weren't in 1.52. I apologize if they have been mentioned.

1. A of the time players will get stuck on load screens post map screen (which you don't see if the server is already running) if the mission has been running for a while. For example if a game master logs in 30 minutes before game time to build a base and make the mission some players will get stuck on the loads screen. This even happens on standard mission like Master Altis. I have managed a work around by using respawnOnStart = 0; in the description.ext that seems to fix the problem.

2. Memory crashes when playing larger games with a lot of players. I think it was mentioned just above.

there are more I just can't think off the top of my head, I will post more.

It would be good that with the Eden update repsawn = 1; will make the players go into the new Virtual Spectator mode that was introduced with 1.54 instead of the old Bird, space bar spectator mode.

Maybe I'm dumb...but what is the extDB2 you're referring to?  Is that the Developer Build?

extDB2 is a server addon to manage Databases. As a normal user you can ignore that.

This really doesn't answer his question (actually it doesn't at all), and Autigergrad is a mission maker and server host.

Autigergrad, I don't really get what it does but here is a link to the "stable" v70: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26096