Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

Unsure if you're aware Dwarden, but the latest release build has this popping up in the server RPT logs rather often... I have no idea what is triggering it:

20:18:58 Error in expression <\fn_param.sqf"params [["_array", []], ["_index", 0, [0>20:18:58   Error position: <params [["_array", []], ["_index", 0, [0>20:18:58   Error Params: Type Number, expected Array20:18:58 File A3\functions_f\Debug\fn_param.sqf, line 26

looks like someone is calling BIS_fnc_param passing allowed type not in the array.

I have been using performance builds of client and server (version 1.64.0.138839) as well as the updated tbb3malloc_bi.dll for the last couple of days.

From initial launch within 3DEN editor to an A3Wasteland server... I can say that it all ran smoothly. I did NOT encounter any issues, no 5fps bug or such, and I am not getting any errors within my RPT logs (I launch the .exe from via shortcuts on my desktop, I rarely (if at all) use the A3Launcher).

My thoughts are that my frames seemed smoother at the same view/object distance (with a slight fps increase?) whether in the 3DEN editor or on a MP server, everything seemed fine... but that could just be me (I also tend to run the performance builds when I remember to update).

PC Specs... i7 4770K, 32GB RAM, Z87 Motherboard, R9 290 OC GPU, 1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD.

-soul.

OK, now i'm sure there is something wrong with AI detection. AI detect infantry behind buildings, stone fences 200M ahead. They know exacly where enemy is moving, up to 1m accuracy.

^^^^CUP_terrains fault, uploading video.

I still am not clear where I'll get new tbb4malloc .

It's not in Dropbox.

Got it now

looks like someone is calling BIS_fnc_param passing allowed type not in the array.

I thought as much, but the error didn't show prior to the last update and it gives no indication as to which file has the problem executing bis_fnc_param.

:ph34r:   Good deal on the Mallocs.  I rebuilt some component(upgraded) my i7 6core, 32 gb (2133) 2xgtx10xxx, ssdcache( :D ) (killer network)  and it crashed all the time(maingame system malloc). I was unhappy until I got the jemalloc, and the tbb4(2017).   Great job!     :ph34r:

1.64.138944 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v6, server and client, windows/linux

+ fixed issue with map closure causing game freeze

+ tweaks and fixes for new Jemalloc and TBB4malloc (2017 update v1)

+ linux server Jemalloc updates

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B03-H4YIbhkFMUt5RzNqZjFlNGs

available via STEAMklient/STEAMcmd as branch too, read https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Steam_Branches#Arma_3_Server

• Like 3

With V6 and V5 I experienced a downgrade in performance I rollback to v4.

explain more cause this is too vague

also realize v4 is w/o sync with hotfix #2 so obsolete in terms of continuity

Same here!

same as above

In my case, with v5 and v6 I had the same fps drop issue as with stable branch (w/o performance build). And even more - with v5 after an hour of playing in mp i've experienced decreasing in fps and after about 2 hours my game totally freezes and my pc stop working till reset. I can't attach any rpt logs with this issue cause when pc stop working it's nothing in rpt about this. However with v4 I've stable fps and no crashes so far. I've tried also to change tbb4malloc_bi on v5 to different versions (tbb4malloc_bi (10 october,11 october, 13 october)) back and forth but nothing changes. 
P.S. v6 is new so i've no played enough with it, but as i can see when switching from v4 to v6 i have decrease in fps after about an hour of play. 

explain more cause this is too vague

also realize v4 is w/o sync with hotfix #2 so obsolete in terms of continuity

same as above

I use only the performance binary. With V4  I saw a huge improvement  in my  FPS having a steady 23 FPS on my potato computer, but with V5  I had a 50% drop on the  FPS with an average around the 11-13 FPS. I tested V6 and it gave me the same result so I return to V4 yesterday and regain the huge improvement on the FPS. I´m running again above 20 FPS with V4 performance binary only.

I have also seen peak performance with V4 and TBB4 from 10th October so far.

Nevertheless running V6 now and while it is a bit slower and has more fps "hickups", it did not produce a crash so far.

Hit...to get the same performance (above 60 in the main menu screen) from V6 like I had with V4 I had to reduce "very high" preset to "high" preset.

I also notices that, whenever 60 fps is not fully achieved, its alsways defaults to 30 with Vsync on... Vsync off gets me around 55 in the same setting. (default very high, measured in the menu scrren showing the small locomotive on Tanoa)

• Like 1

Sorry if off topic but I just comeback after a week and see that on roadmap

later this year, we'll publish 64-bit executables to Dev-Branch;

That some sweet news from Dev

(troll) When can we test the real performance branch ?  :yay:

Installing V6 on my server I was stuck with V4 for now and didn't had any problem.

Edit and offtopic 2 : How did you manage to make x64 work is it because Arma 3 gonna switch on Enfusion ?

as i mentioned many times the work on 64-bit binary was ongoing for quite while ...

but it was more of unclear ETA goal

anyway the 64-bit has quite some changes

thus unsure if we can produce Profiling branch with it as fast as for DEV branch

• Like 4

as i mentioned many times the work on 64-bit binary was ongoing for quite while ...

thus unsure if we can produce Profiling branch with it as fast as for DEV branch

I thought the game was 64 bit already.  So the 64 bit .exe is still WIP?

It's always been x86. Latest roadmap posted said x64 will hit devbranch sometimes this year or soontm

So yes, very very still much WIP and not released to any of us :)

Don't worry Dwarden I was just trolling man, anyway really great stuff I'm sure the 64 bit binary will at least improve performance for server I have doubt for client side though but even if its 5 fps its an improvement.

And don't bother with profiling branch for 64 bit we will wait for Dev Branch to try it I prefer to wait when its ready than a rushed fix.

Vulkan api would be a dream for next arma with its heavy CPU bound.

• Like 2

I can't be 100% certain and jump to conclusions, but after a recent frame lock up with the new profile build and 2017 malloc, my entire PC bluescreened with 'Status_application_hang' with some sort of Nvidia .dll failing (I didn't have time to note it all down).

When trying to reboot, I got past the BIOS, but was then greeted by a black screen with my monitor flashing 'No signal'. I restarted in safe mode without issues, so safe to say that my graphics card (a EVGA GTX 780) had died.

I have since purchased a GTX 1070 and the game runs pretty smoothly so far, but the replacement has been slightly jaded by the fact I can't help but feel like my hardware was killed by this FPS bug/memory leak. The reason I say this is because after watching Luetin09's new video about the A3 DLC roadmap, he said other streamers/YouTubers have crashed so badly they've had to reinsert the RAM modules back into their system just to get the PC to boot properly. 

I really hope this is just a case of bad coincidence and perhaps these YouTuber's have dodgy RAM modules, and my GTX 780 was on the way out anyway. If not, this FPS bug could have far more sinister repercussions than just a single game crash. People's hardware could potentially be at risk.

I urge anyone who has experienced hardware issues/faults in the face of these FPS lock ups to voice what specifically happened, on the forums/feedback tracker, as it could give the devs the necessary clues they need to find out if certain hardware isn't playing nicely with the Arma 3 engine.

Thank you.

I can't be 100% certain and jump to conclusions, but after a recent frame lock up with the new profile build and 2017 malloc, my entire PC bluescreened with 'Status_application_hang' with some sort of Nvidia .dll failing (I didn't have time to note it all down).

When trying to reboot, I got past the BIOS, but was then greeted by a black screen with my monitor flashing 'No signal'. I restarted in safe mode without issues, so safe to say that my graphics card (a EVGA GTX 780) had died.

I have since purchased a GTX 1070 and the game runs pretty smoothly so far, but the replacement has been slightly jaded by the fact I can't help but feel like my hardware was killed by this FPS bug/memory leak. The reason I say this is because after watching Luetin09's new video about the A3 DLC roadmap, he said other streamers/YouTubers have crashed so badly they've had to reinsert the RAM modules back into their system just to get the PC to boot properly. 

I really hope this is just a case of bad coincidence and perhaps these YouTuber's have dodgy RAM modules, and my GTX 780 was on the way out anyway. If not, this FPS bug could have far more sinister repercussions than just a single game crash. People's hardware could potentially be at risk.

I urge anyone who has experienced hardware issues/faults in the face of these FPS lock ups to voice what specifically happened, on the forums/feedback tracker, as it could give the devs the necessary clues they need to find out if certain hardware isn't playing nicely with the Arma 3 engine.

Thank you.

I think you need blame to someone about your hardware fault...

Sadly even the high cost hardware dies without reason - programmed obsolescence... :D  - and you need use your guarantee papers...if you have it.

There's no related problem with profiling test build and your graphic card.

And ... "he said other streamers/YouTubers have crashed so badly they've had to reinsert the RAM modules back into their system just to get the PC to boot properly"... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You need find a reliable hardware info sources instead "Youtubers"....

• Like 1

I think you need blame to someone about your hardware fault...

Sadly even the high cost hardware dies without reason - programmed obsolescence... :D  - and you need use your guarantee papers...if you have it.

There's no related problem with profiling test build and your graphic card.

And ... "he said other streamers/YouTubers have crashed so badly they've had to reinsert the RAM modules back into their system just to get the PC to boot properly"... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You need find a reliable hardware info sources instead "Youtubers"....

Yeah I agree. I am by no means an expert, I just thought it was odd as it happened right after I had a FPS lock up. It completely blue screened my system and seemed like a weird coincidence that might hold some relevance to the FPS bug case.

Pardon my ignorance  :rolleyes:

Yeah I agree. I am by no means an expert, I just thought it was odd as it happened right after I had a FPS lock up. It completely blue screened my system and seemed like a weird coincidence that might hold some relevance to the FPS bug case.

Pardon my ignorance  :rolleyes:

Sadly I have the same behaviour with an old 550ti that suddenly "dies" after a BSOD... but the gently guys of my hardware shop they gave me a another gpu meantime and fix the old one... :)

Good people indeed. ;)

Thinking about of this "gpu suddenly die or G.S.D." I find very useful to increase the GPU life make this operative:

When you see "artifacts" or "extrange shadows" changing the thermal compound can you save the day...

• Like 1

Some of you might have already seen these benchmarks in my steam guide.

hvh4ZW3.jpg

System specs: 24"@1920*1200@60Hz; Win10 x64; i7 6700k@4,4GHz; 2x8gb DDR4@2400MHz; 8gb GTX 1070@1835MHz driver version 372.70; 512gb SSD

I can definetly say that the FPS bug never happened with the Windows 10 system allocator for me. No matter which performance binary or vanilla binary I used.

let me know if u need more details.

• Like 1