Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

Hi everyone,

I saw that there are a out lot of servers running on extDB2 v64.

OK. its a bit older, but works with 1.52.

So comes my question WHY stoppet so many servers at extDB2 v64. :blink:

Right, is was the last version that was running with Fred41´s malloc. :rolleyes:

I have written a custom malloc on tbb44u2 (latest stable from intel)

and includet something (not all) changes from Fred.

It´s supporting huge Pages, etc...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

atm i search 5 - 10 people how want to test it.

If you want to test it then you should

- have a stable server without crashing atm.

- did work with Frd41´s malloc and know how it is to use.

- know how you can monitor server performance right, to see if there is a positive or negative effect.

- your server should have 50+ Players(NOT SLOTS!)

Please PM me here if you want to try it out!. (I don´t answer on each pm!!! i contackt only the servers i think they are good for test)

In your PM i want to see:

- ts3 ip

- Gametracker link of your server

- your Arma3 Gameserver(s) ip and Port(s)

Hi everyone,

I saw that there are a out lot of servers running on extDB2 v64.

OK. its a bit older, but works with 1.52.

So comes my question WHY stoppet so many servers at extDB2 v64. :blink:

Right, is was the last version that was running with Fred41´s malloc. :rolleyes:

I have written a custom malloc on tbb44u2 (latest stable from intel)

and includet something (not all) changes from Fred.

It´s supporting huge Pages, etc...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

atm i search 5 - 10 people how want to test it.

If you want to test it then you should

- have a stable server without crashing atm.

- did work with Frd41´s malloc and know how it is to use.

- know how you can monitor server performance right, to see if there is a positive or negative effect.

- your server should have 50+ Players(NOT SLOTS!)

Please PM me here if you want to try it out!. (I don´t answer on each pm!!! i contackt only the servers i think they are good for test)

In your PM i want to see:

- ts3 ip

- Gametracker link of your server

- your Arma3 Gameserver(s) ip and Port(s)

Sounds sketchy.

Hoping these crash logs are helping, Dwarden.

please update to v16, also to examine crash we need more files (MDMP and BIDMP next to RPT logfile)

I've had host update to v16 EXE, but with Freezes it's not generating any MDMP or BIDMP files.  It will just hang forever if I let it.  The RPT's are best I can do :(

I'll try to throw up a mission that crashes tomorrow after I see if the current mission without ACE running crashes or hangs.

I've had host update to v16 EXE, but with Freezes it's not generating any MDMP or BIDMP files.  It will just hang forever if I let it.  The RPT's are best I can do :(

I'll try to throw up a mission that crashes tomorrow after I see if the current mission without ACE running crashes or hangs.

I've been getting the same. The server still looks like it's running but has in fact frozen with zero warnings or errors. No logs are generated.

extDB2 is on v70 atm

v16 prob has afew different ways to crash, that i can even be bothered to check (its over 2 years old)
extDB also has known issue that can cause server to crash, if the database connection to die.
There is a reason i hide the extDB repo to try stop people from using an old version & sending in crash dump reports to BIS.

Its honestly not really much work to change the code from extDB->extDB2  (it is also faster)

Honestly if i were BIS i wouldn't even bother to look at any crash dumps that isn't extDB2 v65 or later

How do I use the performance exe? don't know how/where/what to do with them.

For the client download, rename it arma3.exe

For the server download, rename it arma3server.exe

Place them in the place where your original exe's are (rename the old ones first if you don't want to lose them).

Dunno why but when I get the out of memory crash now it doesn't generate any files for the crash. 

V16

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zrhypwuo68vowx7/arma3server_2016-02-06_20-00-06.rpt?dl=0

What I noticed though is we had the exact same error as a different crash previously. The server crashes due to out of memory, and the RPT shows.

Error decompressing LZO: a3\structures_f\wrecks\wreck_brdm2_f.p3d
  From 3248 to 3793

We used to get this crash with the preNLOD error, not out of memory, which is weird.

For the client download, rename it arma3.exe

For the server download, rename it arma3server.exe

Place them in the place where your original exe's are (rename the old ones first if you don't want to lose them).

OK thanks for that, but to be clear, do I need to remove the original exe''s then? And does this still work through the arma 3 launcher? Also do I need to unzip the downloads before renaming them and placing them as the exe? Thanks in advance. Not great with the techie stuff .

In the .7z is a arma3_performnace..blablabla.exe

Unzip it anywhere.

Rename it to arma 3.exe

Go to your arma 3 folder there is a arma3.exe - rename it to arma3.exe.old

Copy the new arma3. exe in to your Arma 3 folder.

This applies to the client version. In case you use the Server just use the approriate names.

Edit: as you name the performance binary arma3.exe it perfectly works with all type of launcers including tzhe vanilla one.

In the .7z is a arma3_performnace..blablabla.exe

Unzip it anywhere.

Rename it to arma 3.exe

Go to your arma 3 folder there is a arma3.exe - rename it to arma3.exe.old

Copy the new arma3. exe in to your Arma 3 folder.

This applies to the client version. In case you use the Server just use the approriate names.

Edit: as you name the performance binary arma3.exe it perfectly works with all type of launcers including tzhe vanilla one.

Thanks. Tried that and used arma 3 launcher as usual and got a game launch error. Game executable not found. Please repair your game using the steam client.

What have I done?

OK thanks for that, but to be clear, do I need to remove the original exe''s then? And does this still work through the arma 3 launcher? Also do I need to unzip the downloads before renaming them and placing them as the exe? Thanks in advance. Not great with the techie stuff .

Yes. Unzip them and then rename them.

The exe's technically are identical to your current exe's (with the improvements, obviously), so place them in the same place you have your current ones now. They are recognized and work identically to the original ones. Remember, you are giving them the same name as the originals.

But of course, you can't have two arma3exe or arma3server.exe files. So you need to either rename or delete the original. It's good practice just to rename the originals. Something like arma3original.exe and arma3serveroriginal.exe will do.

• Like 1

Yes. Unzip them and then rename them.

The exe's technically are identical to your current exe's (with the improvements, obviously), so place them in the same place you have your current ones now. They are recognized and work identically to the original ones. Remember, you are giving them the same name as the originals.

But of course, you can't have two arma3exe or arma3server.exe files. So you need to either rename or delete the original. It's good practice just to rename the originals. Something like arma3original.exe and arma3serveroriginal.exe will do.

Great stuff thank's for the assist. I don't run servers so I can just leave that alone right?

Depends on if you have a Arma 3 client on your PC. That was sarcasm: There is a client performance exe too. Both are needed for best results in MP.Almost all servers i know are using the performance build.

Depends on if you have a Arma 3 client on your PC. That was sarcasm: There is a client performance exe too. Both are needed for best results in MP.Almost all servers i know are using the performance build.

OK. I'm going to have to lie down cos my poor brain is melted . So I need to replace the arma3.exe with the new and improved version, and do the same (somehow) with the arma3server.exe (whatever its called) . That's all though......... right? ?

If you use a Arma 3 client you do all steps. If you habe a server you need to repeat all steps seperately dor the server exe. If you do not have a server you just replace the client exe also known as arma3.exe.

What i meant is if a server runs on perf build and you have the perf build. You will have slightly nore fps than if just one has or even no one has.

• Like 1

OK. I'm going to have to lie down cos my poor brain is melted . So I need to replace the arma3.exe with the new and improved version, and do the same (somehow) with the arma3server.exe (whatever its called) . That's all though......... right? ?

Yes. Take both performance exe's (client and server), rename them, and replace the old ones.