Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

Kinda makes all the posts about you don't need to force required build redundant now.

If its causing game breaking results if clients are on stable then required build should be mandatory I think.

that's caused by 1.38 stable clients on perf server

I realise you weren't saying what Im about to describe doesn't happen....

I get this problem as often as I do on my dedi box (Perfv4 server with 1.38 clients) as I do on my test box (1.38 all round).

that's caused by 1.38 stable clients on perf server

No it's not. I was running stable 1.38 server with stable 1.38 clients when it was first happening to me and you told me to use perf4 server instead. I switched to perf4 server and it happened even faster. Only thing it did better was log the offending object and unit's name.

Bottom line is that this must be fixed for 1.40 as it is a game breaking bug which effectively ends the match.

sigh, the bug happens on stable STABLE vs STABLE clients or PERF vs STABLE clients ... it don't happen with PERF server and PERF clients

sigh, the bug happens on stable STABLE vs STABLE clients or PERF vs STABLE clients ... it don't happen with PERF server and PERF clients

Well I'm hoping you're right because right now, our group basically can't play ArmA.

Im running perf server and perf client and confirm its not an issue anymore.

Dorph;2891901']Im running perf server and perf client and confirm its not an issue anymore.

Thanks for the confirmation. I hope 1.40 will be out relatively soon!

... how's 1.40 working out for you guys.... we're sitting on a broken server :(

... how's 1.40 working out for you guys.... we're sitting on a broken server :(

there was hotfix for the server appid

Just a nitpick - on the reddit link you mention 'beCTI by Sari', would you mind changing it to something like 'by Benny, modified by Sari' as the original mission is made by Benny and the vast majority of the modifications I made/am making to that mission involve reusing Benny's work from Arma 2.

Just don't want it to come across as if I've claimed the mission for myself, especially given the recent A3L ****storm.

Thanks

I would say everyone knows that, I wrote it just to highlight it's better version of BeCTI ;) ... until you send me some update :)

e.g. utilizing new Append or similar ;)

Yep thanks dwarden it's agm that's still broken we think now. Something to do with how it handles dependencies. J

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

I would say everyone knows that, I wrote it just to highlight it's better version of BeCTI ;) ... until you send me some update :)

e.g. utilizing new Append or similar ;)

I hope so, I know its a tad anal but I just want make sure I'm covered. I feel like one slip up and I'll have pitchfork wielding maniacs at my virtual doorstep before i know it :D

As for an update I should have one soon(tm:P). Got a bunch of fixes to test for our new version then ill post something up :)

I got Linux 1.40 PERFormance v2 binaries from Dropbox.

but Linux 1.40 PERFormance v2 binaries version is same as stable binaries.

1.40 PERFormance v2 binaries

[game@game]$ strings arma3serverPERF| grep 1.40                                                     [/home/game/arma/serverfiles]
Arma 3 1.40.129533
Arma 3 Console version 1.40 : port %d
VersionMapID1.40

stable binaries

[game@game]$ strings arma3serverDEF| grep 1.40                                                  [/home/game/arma/serverfiles]
Arma 3 1.40.129533
Arma 3 Console version 1.40 : port %d
VersionMapID1.40

PERFormance v2 binaries version must be 1.40.129608.

1.42 binaries, please :)

already v1 up

Thanks for the update Dwarden, it's work very well on my server and my computer ;)

Recent hotfix requires new binary?

Recent hotfix requires new binary?

there is no PERF for hotfix yet, so hotfix is newer now

The server version (arma3server_performance_142v2.7z) is refusing to launch complaining of a px foundation error (PhysX related error).

note, performance/profiling v2 binaries needs new physx (3.3.3.3) libraries

what's recommended is to set server.cfg's requiredbuild to 130340 so you not allow those w/o hotfix

are the profiling binaries send the results automatically or we should do that manually?