Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

it shall have no effect on any player with normal connection, this is for situation

when client gets the re-try timer after losing connection to server,

the period can be lowered server-side now to avoid exploiting from malicious client

Both v18 and v19 makes battle eye go crazy.

19:35:20 BE protection kicked in for player id=2, name='__SERVER__', msgType=85

BE just keeps attempting to kick the server and it kicks all players that load in past the lobby. Clients hang on load after lobby.

If i revert to the original arma3server.exe there's no problem, the server works. The only problem is that i need the performance binary due to mods.

This was not a problem less than 12 hours ago, as the performance build worked flawlessly and boosted server fps. Now when i woke up to work more on the server i run into this gem.

@B4rryBl4ck ye, unfortunately fix for the BE error/spam wasn't merged on Friday, must wait for v20

Version: 1.54.133741

nope, this is crash from 1.54.stable (not even v4 perf (v3 was before hotfix))

ah crap sorry updatet the server a few days ago and forgot to copy the perf.exe again <.<

I just tested v19 with ryanzombie mod for my server last night and got crashes for three times (30-40 players online). Here are my crash dump files download: http://pan.baidu.com/s/1qXzSdJY  (It is Chinese lol). I didn't toggle the -crashdiag for my server but I hope the bidmp will help you debugging the issues~ 

EDIT: I didn't have the bidmp for the last crash since it was an out of memory error and the debug file wasn't generated. It seemed that the crash happened when server is starting a session for a new player.

latest pref editions v18 and v19 making our windows warfare server run at 5 fps around 35 people, went back to original exe and its around 35-45

Dwarden,

Just passing on some info but Tupolov and the ALiVE mod team have been testing extensively trying to find an issue with crashes using ALiVE.  Tupolov has determined that it's possible a BI addition in 1.54 has caused ALiVE to become unstable.  He rolled back to 1.52 and got no freezes.  Went back to both 1.54 and Dev 1.56 and got freezes/crashes again.  I'll try and get some more logs to you this week with my ALiVE missions but I thought you should be aware.  I'm sure Tupolov and Co. have already reached out to you on this topic.

Again, passing on what could be important info on these crashes to you Dwarden.

From the ALiVE forums via Tupolov:

Ok all another update...

So to recap.:
1.54/6/7 + ALiVE 1.0 + CBA_A3 + ACE = netcode freeze
1.52 + ALiVE 1.0 + CBA_A3 + ACE = NO netcode freeze
1.56 + ALiVE 1.0 + CBA_A3 = NO netcode freeze (so far)

We're now testing older versions of ACE to see if this is an ACE+ALiVE issue...

Would appreciate if you guys could also test without ACE just confirm our successful tests so far.

1.54.134547 profiling & performance v20 server and client, windows/linux

+ decreased BE log spam and resolved some issue

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

note: we know about the ALIVE issue - beware if callExtension plugin does something extensive it can stall to freeze the simulation thread

Dwarden, our BECTI mission tends to run for 10-15 hours every day (before a new mission begins), we've noticed after the 1.54 update our SERVER FPS get reduced to 3. Doesn't matter if we have 45 players or 3, they just bomb down. This started after the 1.54 update, my guess it's a MEM leak, have you heard of anyone else having these problems?

memory leaks will be targeted soon, but I don't think before 1.56 goes stable, so it will be again job for the my special ops ;)

• Like 1

Yes i think you have much to do dwarden but are there ANY news about a 64bit recoding of the serverstructure and (real) threads? For me it doesnt looks efficient to put so much effort into this. yes bugfixing has to be done but like arma2 this will never stop ;)

v20 Crash.

Screenshot of error message, and RPT file.

This was on my headless client connected to a server running v20 also. Haven't had my servers crash with v20 yet and it's been about 48h, but my HC has crashed twice in that time. Running Exile.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7d57retkkxgg7b/v20_Crash_Report.7z?dl=0

v20 Crash.

Screenshot of error message, and RPT file.

This was on my headless client connected to a server running v20 also. Haven't had my servers crash with v20 yet and it's been about 48h, but my HC has crashed twice in that time. Running Exile.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7d57retkkxgg7b/v20_Crash_Report.7z?dl=0

I made a change to my restart script. I had it kill the headless client before the server restarts so both server and headless client are only ever up for 3 hours at most. This seems to have fixed all crashes from my headless client and servers. Still running v20. I'll update to v21 and let you know if I get any more crashes.

note, v22 will be ready tomorrow