Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

Hey dwarden, is the EU server down?

I only see one chimera server and that seems to be the NA one these days, because my ping to it is realy bad 140+

Not so sure though, I always only saw one server, my speedtest ping results are normal so I am wondering.

@dwarden, "+hmtload in pbo fixed vs filepatching" what does this mean?  I have had my sever provider add the "-filePatching" paramater to my servers startup parameters. and I tried to join with a client that has file patching enabled.  the server doesnt let me join. how do i fix this and allow clients with file patching to join my server? or is that a bad idea (ie: security wise)?

there was bug when .html files inside .pbo weren't loaded by loadHtml

Hi dwarden,

Thanks for your great work!!!!

Lets talk about malloc.

i tryed out the malloc with and without SSE, system(W2012R2) and arma default.

BUT the best values i get with fred41´s malloc based on tbb4.2. Ok its outdated but the performance values doesn´t lie.

I have running a autolock system on my server thats monitoring the serverFPS and lock the server if he is overloaded.

The difference are arround 20 Players.

I think this depends on the Large Page´s what fred´s malloc is using.

So can you build/offer another malloc with LP enabled an using 4MB pages instead of 4KB pages ???

I think this helps a lot of servers to get adressed performance issues with large player counts.

Hi dwarden,

Thanks for your great work!!!!

Lets talk about malloc.

i tryed out the malloc with and without SSE, system(W2012R2) and arma default.

BUT the best values i get with fred41´s malloc based on tbb4.2. Ok its outdated but the performance values doesn´t lie.

I have running a autolock system on my server thats monitoring the serverFPS and lock the server if he is overloaded.

The difference are arround 20 Players.

I think this depends on the Large Page´s what fred´s malloc is using.

So can you build/offer another malloc with LP enabled an using 4MB pages instead of 4KB pages ???

I think this helps a lot of servers to get adressed performance issues with large player counts.

i asked about this earlier and got No reply I am interested in this result as well

• Like 1

i asked about this earlier and got No reply I am interested in this result as well

Look at your signature.

It is for a BI Developer like that:

tumblr_lttf3q3ntM1r3vqq6o1_500.gif

Daybreakers_002.jpg

• Like 2

I did notice that when I changed the default armaserver to the enhanced armaserver from here that it wouldn't let me run certain mods in my group that weren't signed (PTOOR ASR AI) even though the default armaserver I had no issues.

Is this known?

1.52.133274 profiling & performance v10 server and client, windows, linux

+fix ragdoll issues on dedicated server vs positions vs scripting

- removed the antispam from 133187 due to stability issue, will return later

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

Hi, Thanks for these.  I have never used the perf builds before.  I see there are perf mallocs in the v9 folder on dropbox.  Should I use that malloc with the latest client perf build (v10)?  Also do I need malloc withSSE2 or withoutSSE2?

Will the game benefit from the above with my specs?:

Processor: AMD A10-6800K APU 4.10GHz
M board: FM2A78M Pro4+
Installed memory: 8Gb RAM DDR 3
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
Windows edition: Windows 8.1
Grapgics card: AMD Radeon R7 260 Series (made by Club 3D)

EDIT: Just started steam & its dl'ing something for arma 3 (1.54 I assume)  I take it its best to wait for a 1.54 perf build?  Sorry for all the questions!

Hi, Thanks for these. I have never used the perf builds before. I see there are perf mallocs in the v9 folder on dropbox. Should I use that malloc with the latest client perf build (v10)? Also do I need malloc withSSE2 or withoutSSE2?

Will the game benefit from the above with my specs?:

Processor: AMD A10-6800K APU 4.10GHz

M board: FM2A78M Pro4+

Installed memory: 8Gb RAM DDR 3

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Windows edition: Windows 8.1

Grapgics card: AMD Radeon R7 260 Series (made by Club 3D)

EDIT: Just started steam & its dl'ing something for arma 3 (1.54 I assume) I take it its best to wait for a 1.54 perf build? Sorry for all the questions!

Using the new malloc with the latest perf build is not required. You may see some performance improvements using the new mem allocator in addition to the perf build though.

IIRC, some users were reporting some decrease in performance while using the withSSE2 mem allocator, hence both were included.

You should see a performance improvement with any system while using the perf build - the question will be "how much?" based on your system specs. It's hard to say how much your system will show because of the multitude of factors that play into your system's performance.

If v1.54 was indeed released, the 1.52 perf builds will have no use here. All improvements in the 1.52 perf build are already incorporated into the 1.54 release. So, yes, you'll have to wait until a 1.54 perf build is released.

• Like 1

Here's crash dumps of a crash I just had with the 1.54.133701 build. -sniped

Edit: Here's another set of dumps from another crash. Both seem to have crashed due to a similar reason. -sniped

2015/12/11, 18:13:11 StreamSource: a3\map_altis\altis.wrp; WantedOffset: 89013513; ReadedIndex: 1059541347
=======================================================
-------------------------------------------------------
Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 012555BC

@greenpeanut

1. older version of extDB2.dll

based on your server RPT crash details

extDB2 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\@extDB2\extDB2.dll) [63.0.0.0] [63.0.0.0]

please, update to extDB2.dll version 66 (as per https://github.com/Torndeco/extDB2/blob/master/Changelog.txt )

A. it seems you don't use Arma 3 dedicated data package on server 

B. you use Arma 3 client package install on dedicated server

C. it seems you have STEAMclient installed on dedicated server

please read my following tips (quoting myself to avoid retype)

my suggestion #1, do not install steamClient on where you using dedicated server downloaded by steamCMD
my suggestion #2, do not install Arma 3 client via steamClient where you got dedicated server install, also use HC via steamCMD again
ignore suggestions #1 and #2, expect unforseen consequences

in short, for dedicated server always use Arma 3 dedicated server data package, downloaded via STEAM cmd

no other clutter causing further issues (e.g. installing steam will cause it to start use steamworks .dll)

installing Arma 3 client data will cause server w/o -mod= to use those via registry

and more headache like ...

p.s. if it keep crashing after you cleanup the above, I do want the new dump/logs too ;)

-snip

Thanks for the reply,

I do have Steam Client installed, but I do not use it anymore.  I've recently started utilizing steamCMD with the appid: "233780 -beta". Our entire Arma 3 installation is <3GB. so i'm sure its the server only package.

We currently use an older version of extDB for compatibility reasons, newer versions removed the functionality that we use. However we do plan on updating to newer versions soon.

I'll go ahead and uninstall the Steam Client, and work towards upgrading to a newer extDB version.

Performance warning: Very large search for 1779602 (>300 m)

Performance warning: Search for 1779602: b_ficusc1s_f.p3d was very large (720 m)

Performance warning: Very large search for 1779603 (>300 m)

Performance warning: Search for 1779603: b_ficusc1s_f.p3d was very large (750 m)

Performance warning: Very large search for 1603807 (>300 m)

Performance warning: Search for 1603807: line_curve_f.p3d was very large (870 m)

Performance warning: Very large search for 1603707 (>300 m)

Performance warning: Search for 1603707: line_curve_f.p3d was very large (600 m)

Performance warning: Very large search for 1603853 (>300 m)

Performance warning: Search for 1603853: runway_secondary_40_f.p3d was very large (300 m)

Performance warning: Very large search for 1338571 (>300 m)

Performance warning: Search for 1338571: mound02_8m_f.p3d was very large (420 m)

Performance warning: Very large search for 1338570 (>300 m)

Performance warning: Search for 5db75d00# 1338570: stone_shed_v1_ruins_f.p3d was very large (420 m)

Performance warning: Very large search for 1779841 (>300 m)

Strange convex component317 in a3\rocks_f\blunt\bluntrock_wallv.p3d:geometry

Strange convex component318 in a3\rocks_f\blunt\bluntrock_wallv.p3d:geometry

Strange convex component319 in a3\rocks_f\blunt\bluntrock_wallv.p3d:geometry

Virtual memory total 2047 MB (2147352576 B)

Virtual memory free 144 MB (151363584 B)

Physical memory free 34046 MB (35700813824 B)

Page file free 55313 MB (58000527360 B)

Process working set 1207 MB (1265827840 B)

Process page file used 1672 MB (1753948160 B)

Longest free VM region: 4108288 B

VM busy 1996324864 B (reserved 157687808 B, committed 1838637056 B, mapped 33808384 B), free 151027712 B

Small mapped regions: 22, size 106496 B

Time after time after time this is happening on our dedi.  Very very frustrating.  What is causing this???

that's memory/resource leak causing out of memory crash ... work in progress on those

please provide your server .RPT, .BIDMP and if present also .MDMP file from moment of the crash

7zip it and upload somewhere, PM the download url or so

that's memory/resource leak causing out of memory crash ... work in progress on those

please provide your server .RPT, .BIDMP and if present also .MDMP file from moment of the crash

7zip it and upload somewhere, PM the download url or so

Sending to you now. Getting crashes with the latest perf branch as well, out of memory, etc.