Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

is there any way you can make a "large Page" Memory allocator.. since your releasing malloc's to test.... why not make a large page one like fred did (since he is GONE).. I would gladly test it !!!

1.52.132709 profiling & performance v2 server and client, windows, linux

~sync with optimizations from 1,50.perf in last 2 weeks before 1.52.stable

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

@schadler17, performance&profiling binaries are compatible with stable , both client and server intermix

of course recommended to use both client and server on latest performance ;)

extract .exe from archive, replace the existing arma3.exe with it (make backup first)

Gonna try it out, hopefully we'll see some client-side frame-rate increases.(I think thats what its for, right? lol)

Already seeing alot steadier frame-rate. Seeing it a bit higher than normal as well, so I'm happier than I was 20 minutes ago lmao.

Do you reckon there will be a notable performance increase in single player?

Hey guys, replace exe but error:   :unsure:  :wacko:  :blink:

error creating direct3d 11 graphical engine

edit: VERIFY INTEGRITY SOLUTION and OK

No problems here, you must be doing something wrong - whats the excact name of the .exe you use ?

When using the peformance.exe everytime I join a multiplayer game it says I need to enable Battleye. It then restarts the game with Battleye enabled. Is this meant to happen?

When using the peformance.exe everytime I join a multiplayer game it says I need to enable Battleye. It then restarts the game with Battleye enabled. Is this meant to happen?

When it restarts, it uses the normal arma3.exe, not your performance.exe. So rename it arma3.exe.

Played a few hours last night against a standard KOTH server with 1.52.132709 

Everything felt smoother... I don't have a good way to compare fps before and after but things felt less "jittery" even if I think i was still getting around 23-28fps.  Didn't experience any problems or crashing.

Windows 10

AMD 7970x2

16GB

intel 4650

Loaded it last night.

Game just felt more smooth and less clunky, runs great.  I agree with Derpzerker, feels way less jittery.

Windows 10

AMD 6950x2

16GB

2500k @ 4.6GHZ

What's the difference between profiling and performance? So far I've read to change the name of performance to the arma3.exe and replace, but what do I do with the profiling .exe?

If I understand correctly, you can disregard the profiling.exe. The performance provides better performance, the profiling provides the more debugging and output at the cost of some performance.

If I understand correctly, you can disregard the profiling.exe. The performance provides better performance, the profiling provides the more debugging and output at the cost of some performance.

exactly like that, for normal use (be it server or client) just skip the profiling and use performance (hence why I named it that way, so people understand)

also you can easily google it ;) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Profiling_(computer_programming)

How exactly would you go about inserting this into my arma files? is there a video/tutorial???

Following instructions are assuming you have downloaded the latest client (as of this post "arma3client_performance_152_132868_v4.7z") from Dwarden's dropbox.

Step 1: Extract the contents of the zip file to some where e.g.

C:\Users\tyger\Documents\Temp Folder\

Step 2: Navigate in another window to your Arma 3 directory e.g. 

C\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\

Step 3: Copy FROM the extracted contents folder the file "arma3client_performance_152_132868_v4.exe" TO your Arma 3 directory.

Step 4: In your Arma 3 directory, rename the "arma3.exe" to "arma3.original.exe" (without the quotes, if you're not sure about this part). -OR- It may appear without the ".exe" so it may appear that you are renaming "arma3" to "arma3.original".

Step 5: In your Arma 3 directory, rename the "arma3client_performance_152_132868_v4.exe" to "arma3.exe" -OR- "arma3client_performance_152_132868_v4" to "arma3".

Step 6: Launch Arma 3 normally. Ta-da.

How exactly would you go about inserting this into my arma files? is there a video/tutorial???

Great tutorial in the post just above.

But you might as well add the special profiling Steam branch for Arma 3 following this wiki page : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Steam_Branches.

In short :

- Right click on Arma 3 in your Steam Library, then Properties

- Select the tab BETAS

- Enter the code CautionSpecialProfilingAndTestingBranchArma3 then click CHECK CODE

- Finally, still in this BETAS tab, use the dropdown list to select the branch profiling - Performance Profiling Build

- Enjoy ! This will ALWAYS be up to date, guaranteed without pain (because finding the dropbox link, downloading, extracting and renaming everytime can be boring after a few times)

PS : And don't worry, although the branch is named Profiling, by default it will launch the correct arma3.exe that is the performance version, and not the profiling one (not 100% sure though, if Dwarden could confirm :P )

Just note that the Steam PERF/PROF build is not always updated. See below for his comment.

it's the same, but not always the STEAM is updated (especially prior weekend or at weekend)

my dropbox is simpler as you just download 1 binary (and dll if there is new allocator)

You are correct that it automatically launches the performance build.

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk

@chuangtseu but it's already on that biki page, I added it there long time ago

@Dwarden sure, but since it's not in the OP, it can be hard to discover (it took me 2 month to discover it thanks to a friend randomly talking about this steam branch :rolleyes: )