Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

profiling sync with stable 1.64 hotfix #2 will happen more likely tomorrow

note: only small amount of crashes fixes and other changnes were merged to hotfix

so performance binaries from profiling branch are still fine (aka better) ...

• Like 2

Is there some kind of change log for all releases in one file? Like A2 Beta builds had.

The current Hotfix destroyed the excellent overall performaance that I have with current V4 binary and tbb4 signed 10th of October.

Reinstalling tbb4 and binary fixed it for me.

With V4 and tbb4malloc signed 10th of October i gained 5-10 fps overall and total absence of the "hickups" the game had before.

As I mentioned before, the 362.00 Nvidia driver instead of the newer ones also helped a lot on a GTX 760. 

• Like 2

The current Hotfix destroyed the excellent overall performaance that I have with current V4 binary and tbb4 signed 10th of October.

With V4 and tbb4malloc signed 10th of October i gained 5-10 fps overall and total absence of the "hickups" the game had before.

As I mentioned before, the 362.00 Nvidia driver instead of the newer ones also helped a lot on a GTX 760. 

:ph34r:

@Beagle

@anybody

So the box to check in the launcher is tbb4memoryallocator.BI (default) ?   or  uncheck since perf .exe?

Also I notice the vid driver for gtx 10xxxx  (newest) is a little weird as well.  Im gonna try the next older one since I can't get 3.62 or 3.61.91  for this cards.

'Preciate the  heads up about the reinstall   curing the hiccups, 

Exact same story with me. Using Dwarden's current binary and 2017 memory allocator is what yields the best results for me thus far.

• Like 1

I must say its an amazing work you are doing dwarden!! Its the way the arma 3 should work... With performance binary v4 i have stable fps in mp with heavy firefights and a lot of smoke usage.

just a newbie question to double check if I got it right..
So I need the exe inside arma3server_performance_164_138690_v4.7z  at server to have better fps?
What is the client files then?
They are also required or just optional?

1.64.138839 new PROFILING branch with PERFORMANCE binaries, v5, server and client, windows/linux

+ hotfix #2 sync

+ new Jemalloc and TBB4malloc (2017 update v1)

+ tweaks

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B03-H4YIbhkFMUt5RzNqZjFlNGs

available via STEAMklient/STEAMcmd as branch too, read https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Steam_Branches#Arma_3_Server

• Like 4

just a newbie question to double check if I got it right..

So I need the exe inside arma3server_performance_164_138690_v4.7z  at server to have better fps?

What is the client files then? They are also required or just optional?

The files are just replacement "arma3.exe" and "tbb4malloc" files. You unpack them into directory and rename them.

Of couse you use client for regular arma3.exe and server for arma3server.exe

there is a description what to do on the download sites.

The files are just replacement "arma3.exe" and "tbb4malloc" files. You unpack them into directory and rename them.

Of couse you use client for regular arma3.exe and server for arma3server.exe

there is a description what to do on the download sites.

question: theres TBB4 malloc and JEMalloc, do I need to put these both in dll folder? replacing the old tbb4 malloc? and is one better than the other, or is that down to testing ourselves to find out? thanks

question: theres TBB4 malloc and JEMalloc, do I need to put these both in dll folder? replacing the old tbb4 malloc? and is one better than the other, or is that down to testing ourselves to find out? thanks

The binaries are provided for testing, yes.

1.64 perf v4 with tbb4malloc from 10th october are a lot better compared to stable and had no freezes and lags for me.

Can't tell yet about latest V5 and malloc but at first glimpse seems the same on the surface.

Nobody answered me

Doesn't the performance binary remap the default

tbb4malloc_bi to latest configuration?

Or how would you acquire it. Or force "system Malloc"

at launch? (this gets mapped with Perf binary?)

Nobody answered me

Doesn't the performance binary remap the default

tbb4malloc_bi to latest configuration?

Or how would you acquire it. Or force "system Malloc"

at launch? (this gets mapped with Perf binary?)

You can force system malloc with game launcher, at "parameters" page.

Yest, this tbb4malloc_bi overrides the default one from stable build and is newest one.

You can activate this branch by steam client, and those files will be updated automaticly

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Steam_Branches#Arma_3_Server

So if I wish to use the New Mallon I really just install the perf

version from HERE and select tbb4malloc_bi in parameters.

Is that All ?

So if I wish to use the New Mallon I really just install the perf

version from HERE and select tbb4malloc_bi in parameters.

Is that All ?

Yes. Install new malloc in dll folder (override old one), and be sure its selected from list in launcher

to use new tbb4 allocator just overwrite the old file (max make backup) and done ...

(note: tbb4 is used by default)

So what does BIS need tested more, main branch with the new malloc (iceman's thread), or the profiling branch with the new new malloc?
So far I've had success with both, but I don't want to keep doing really long play sessions switching back and forth between mallocs and branches.

profiling branch allocator is newer ...

so if you use profiling / performance binaries then stick with new libraries too ...

• Like 1

I used plain main branch and also main + tbb4 dll from 10th october from this source: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/160288-arma-3-stable-server-164-performance-binary-feedback/page-86

I still can experience the 5fps bug. I can relatively fast provoke it with this:

In a busy mission with lots of AI fly around with admin spectator cam (splendid cam?). Do jumps via clicks on the spectator map. Also turn spectator cam off and on multiple times.

Unsure if you're aware Dwarden, but the latest release build has this popping up in the server RPT logs rather often... I have no idea what is triggering it:

20:18:58 Error in expression <\fn_param.sqf"

params [["_array", []], ["_index", 0, [0>
20:18:58   Error position: <params [["_array", []], ["_index", 0, [0>
20:18:58   Error Params: Type Number, expected Array
20:18:58 File A3\functions_f\Debug\fn_param.sqf, line 26

Just got the 3FPS bug after 1 hour playtime on the newest tbb4 malloc and profiling build. No crash report as I was able to exit the game without it freezing.

Was able to play for quite longer periods on the first malloc update and previous prof build.

EDIT: Just restarted the game and my game crashed with a status application hang within 5 minutes of starting to play. I think I'll be switching back to the first malloc update.

EDIT EDIT: Switched to the v1 update for the tbb4 malloc, was able to play for maybe 1 hour before getting the 3FPS bug again. I think something in the new profiling build brought the bug back D:

Still getting "3fps drop/glitch" after about an hour of playing, with v5 performance binary and v5 tbb4malloc (dated 13 Oct).

Specs:

6700k, OC'd to 4.8 (i know...)

x2 GTX 1080 sli (run single gpu mode for arma 3 since sli actually decreases fps/performance)

256gb SSD drive

16gb DDR4 ram at 3000mhz (xmp profile on)

In-game settings, between high and ultra, but no AA on, running native 4k.  YAAS benchmark averages 52-56fps.

Just curious, since this is all related to a memory leak issue, is having large page files enabled (via regedit) a possible contribution.  I have large PF enabled, obv.

I still am not clear where I'll get new tbb4malloc .
It's not in Dropbox.

:ph34r:   Thanks I found it in the dropbox.

Still getting "3fps drop/glitch" after about an hour of playing, with v5 performance binary and v5 tbb4malloc (dated 13 Oct).

Specs:

6700k, OC'd to 4.8 (i know...)

x2 GTX 1080 sli (run single gpu mode for arma 3 since sli actually decreases fps/performance)

256gb SSD drive

16gb DDR4 ram at 3000mhz (xmp profile on)

In-game settings, between high and ultra, but no AA on, running native 4k.  YAAS benchmark averages 52-56fps.

Just curious, since this is all related to a memory leak issue, is having large page files enabled (via regedit) a possible contribution.  I have large PF enabled, obv.

I never heard this about sli before I use "nvidea recommended" automatic

Instead of force alternate frame render . Tell me more.

However I have new setup, with v4, I didn't crash yet.