Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

Hi Dwarden,

Updated to the performance binary.

Crashed after max 2 and a half hour ish.

I messaged you the link to the rpt and bidmp files.

extract .exe from archive, replace the existing arma3.exe with it (make backup first)

Thinking of finally giving this a spin. I've actually held off because I wasn't sure how to properly install it.

I understand I need to replace my existing arma3.exe with the one provided. I generally play ARMA using TADST.

Is that all I need to do to get the performance version running on my server and client (they are both on the same computer)? Just replace the exe with the one here and profit from the extra FPS? My arma3server.exe that TADST uses stays vanilla or is there a file to replace that too?

Sorry for the stupid question. Never installed anything like this before.

Replace the arma3server.exe with the sever performance build, also found in the Dropbox folder.

Install instructions for both client and server:

How exactly would you go about inserting this into my arma files? is there a video/tutorial???

Following instructions are assuming you have downloaded the latest client (as of this post "arma3client_performance_152_132868_v4.7z") from Dwarden's dropbox.

Step 1: Extract the contents of the zip file to some where e.g.

C:\Users\tyger\Documents\Temp Folder\
Step 2: Navigate in another window to your Arma 3 directory e.g.
C\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\
Step 3: Copy FROM the extracted contents folder the file "arma3client_performance_152_132868_v4.exe" TO your Arma 3 directory.

Step 4: In your Arma 3 directory, rename the "arma3.exe" to "arma3.original.exe" (without the quotes, if you're not sure about this part). -OR- It may appear without the ".exe" so it may appear that you are renaming "arma3" to "arma3.original".

Step 5: In your Arma 3 directory, rename the "arma3client_performance_152_132868_v4.exe" to "arma3.exe" -OR- "arma3client_performance_152_132868_v4" to "arma3".

Step 6: Launch Arma 3 normally. Ta-da.

• Like 1

there're still some crashes lurking around

one group is linked to Exile/ some RPG (*Life*) servers

another group of crashes are those related out of memory (some resource/memory leak)

from those we focusing now on one related to "Error: can't resize AutoArray to negative size!"

• Like 1

I havent seen any crashes with the new performance files.

It seems that somehow I managed to rename the arma.exes wrong. Just noticed its not labeled as 133782 

It seems that somehow I managed to rename the arma.exes wrong. Just noticed its not labeled as 133782

?

Should have renamed the performance exe to just "arma3.exe"...

?

Should have renamed the performance exe to just "arma3.exe"...

Yeah, what happened was I redownloaded the old performance build.

Ran the new performance build, crashed 5 times in less than 12 hours, low player load. Sent Dwarden the crash logs in a message.

@CBA shouldn't be run serverside with an exile server.

how do you get the cups to run without the server running it?

how do you get the cups to run without the server running it?

Use whatever that joint rails mod is server side. CBA could be crashing it for you. Google around a bit and you will find it. Just whitelist cba, leave the server key in the keys folder but do not launch with it.

Minty could I pm you as I'll be taking the thread off topic if I continue this conversation here :-)