Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

Patience, young padawan. All good things come to those who wait!

and the bugged BI updates which fuck up everything come to everyone...

Play on.......wait for it..... STABLE! if you are unwilling to test

yay perf3 @ 23:23 ;)

+ multihome vs steam compliant -ip=

+ some crashes fixed

+ new commandline for hyperthreading: -enableHT

Thx. Whats this multihome vs. steam means?

So now i can use on an i7 with HT:

-enableHT -cpuCount=8 -maxMem=3071 ?

Thx. Whats this multihome vs. steam means?

So now i can use on an i7 with HT:

-enableHT -cpuCount=8 -maxMem=3071 ?

multihome means if server has multiple NIC with multiple IP or multiple IP on single nic etc.

-ip= commandline was used to allow server admin chose the IP they need but there was bug vs steamports ...

shall be now fixed

yes, correctly if you enableHT you can use cpuCount=8 (if it's quadcore i7 ;) if it's hexa then 12) and yes the maxmem=3071 works with this build too

yes, correctly if you enableHT you can use cpuCount=8 (if it's quadcore i7 ;) if it's hexa then 12) and yes the maxmem=3071 works with this build too

Is this useless for any CPU that does have hyper-threading? I onyl have VT :(

I have only half a Xeon box available to me. The other half is running some cranky old game called A2OA. Yeah, I know. :)

Anyway, so I've only got 4 of the 8 cores (counting logical cores as well). My question is am I better off running the server on 2 cores and a HC on the other 2, or allowing the server free run of 4 of the cores without a HC?

Edited by Tankbuster

For me i cant get my hc running since 2 weeks now and i dont know why so i cant test this but from my experience 2/2 should be better. We will have a warfare event tomorrow with ~40 ppl and i will report here how good the load get balanced. I think about 200-300 ai will be on the normal server most of the time, wish me the best ;)

** Update **

Here are my first stats with ~32 player. performance is horrible :(

Windows Server 2008R2, 32GB Ram, 12GB Ram Disk for Publicserver, perf 3, -malloc=tbbmalloc -enableHT -exThreads=7 -cpuCount=6 -maxMem=3071, BattleEye, Verify Signatures v2, Require Secure ID 2.

Does SecureID 2 draw that power? look at the CPS -->

taskmanagerp6k4f.png

armaservermonitorobig0.png

*10 min later*

server crashed....

Edited by Numrollen

Not surprised it crashed... that is rubbish. The numbers of AI aren't even that high.

any ideas? i enabled loggin now, normally for normal public play i disabled it (for minimum performance plus). when i'm alone with 140 ai the server have 50fps, 45cps... The server really goes down with every player connected.

*edit*

server keeps crashing. here the log (only a part of) http://pastebin.com/wf0bvV1G

Edited by Numrollen

any changes to floating vehicles issue?

any ideas? i enabled loggin now, normally for normal public play i disabled it (for minimum performance plus). when i'm alone with 140 ai the server have 50fps, 45cps... The server really goes down with every player connected.

*edit*

server keeps crashing. here the log (only a part of) http://pastebin.com/wf0bvV1G

Experiencing the same here. Poor performance, that decreases with every player connected and random crashes. Back to Perf2 for me.

Perf3: CpuCount=10 on Xeon hexcora with -enableHT (85 players on AltisLife with all CallExtensions on a HC)

In CPU utilization no differents at all, one core at 100% all other round about 40-50%. But i experienced a slighty higher Server-FPS (1-2 FPS).

Gamebreaking bugs introduced with 1.18 no differents at all, still very hard desyncing problem when approaching non moving object incl. players from a distance.

looks good thanks

-malloc=tbbmalloc -cpuCount=12 -enableHT -exThreads=7 -maxMem=3071

(1.18 performance perf3 hotfix executable + tbbmalloc 4.2.0.0)

unbenannt5mjwb.jpg

Edited by zzpyR00

Spanish he wrote it here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169944-Arma-3-STABLE-server-1-18-quot-performance-binary-quot-feedback&p=2691585&viewfull=1#post2691585

Im still getting crashes, now with Perf2. Damn... here is my rpt: arma3server_118_perf2_2014-05-18_12-47-55.rpt 3.0 MB

https://mega.co.nz/#!tZkylTyC!XkfXGxGP5bQkgKNgIup-KSX_RzPxo1qTtaOqbeTq3A8

It worked the hole time, now server keeps crashing... I now delete -enableHT -cpuCount=X, lets see if server is more stable without it. I still try to use -maxMeM=3071

I'm finding that the perf3 binary also runs out of memory after a while.

perf4v2 available ... no more perf issue on server if someone stuck in ruins

ThX Dwarden. Will post the result after our event tonight.