Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

there is only known reported issue with perf5 vs perf6 that too many often callExtension (but this was reported only by single individual and not confirmed by anyone else)

adustingth amount of calls solved it for him

anyway perf5 vs perf6 changes are just cosmetic (better preallocation buffer for some memory operations to not happen that often)

It doesn't fit to the topic of this thread, but it seems that here are some people that may have the knowledge to answer my question of this thread: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173830-To-the-DEV-s-What-does-my-PC-have-to-calculate-in-MP

I really would like to understand better what the client's task is while playing multiplayer.

6B is only build to trap the "skeleton index spam" bug ...

don't use it unless you want help us and got SSD due to heavy RPT writes

i'm interested in log entries different to below:

2014/03/02, 16:43:40 Error: EntityAI SubSkeleton index was not initialized properly
2014/03/02, 16:43:40 name: Land_i_Stone_HouseSmall_V2_dam_F, shape: a3\structures_f\households\stone_small\i_stone_housesmall_v2_dam_f.p3d, index: -1, matrices: 5

Thread cleaned up. As Dwarden said, this not the place to report bugs.

I recommend http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21558 but it doesn't have the slots available to test perf to its limits.

[36 slots]

With this mission server FPS drops to 8-12 with 12 players (PERF5), there are some MP coop Mission to test preformance?

CPU XEON 3,4 Mhz 2 cores 100% assigned to the Arma 3 server and cpucount=2.

Priority: Real time

Running under linux (Wine)

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place for this, but there were two hackers/exploiters/dupers on the CZ04 server earlier today.

-link removed- There's a post on the ws.arma.su forums by Twin describing it in detail.

I know the developers likely already have their hands quite full, but it would be nice if we could keep the test servers fair.

Dunno why he doesn't get a response but there are still 2 players wrecking havoc on the #cz04 server that literally ruins the game for the rest of us.

Can 1 admin please step up and ban these retards asap?

FYI I looked for over an hour to find a place to report hackers but to no avail.

my skype ?

Awesome, I'll do that as soon as I get online at the same time as them. Guessing around 8-10 hours from now.

as i posted already on my twitter, 1.12 has majority fo the PERF branch tweaks and fixes

i would pursue for continuation of the PERF program in 1.12 after we analyze the issues remaining ;)

hello Dwarden,

Is the server.exe that was pushed out with todays update the same as PERF6? should we continue to use the PERF versions or should we use the newly released server.exe?

1.10 PERF is outdated, use 1.12 STABLE until new PERF ...

Mother of 1.12... God damn... 50 FPS(stable) with 77 people on the server(Wasteland US #1 codefourgaming.com), with all video settings maxed out except my distances but still those are pretty high(I think? 3800,3200,100).

That's what i call smooth and beautiful gameplay. Impressive improvements lately. Very impressive. :)

Thank you devs!

PERF0 , client and server , build 1.12.115994

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

* fixed random crashes

* fixed *global* commands

* fixed cursorTarget

* fixed some levitating stuff

... usual password: test

note: client isn't yet BE approved

Edited by Dwarden

When will the client be BE approved, and will it then work w/ current public servers or is it required to run together with the perf0 server?

client and server , build 1.12.115994

The Client has to have the .exe also!?

nope, it's optional (for these fixes to be on client too)

Can you guys push this out via Steam update rather then force players/servers to manually update. Most players don't know to go on these forums and check for this stuff. It would be great if you could do it before the weekend.

That new exe solved the problem from what I can see.

Except that you cannot make a public server since it's not BE compatible.

Thanks for the quick fix, at least the team can play.

That new exe solved the problem from what I can see.

Except that you cannot make a public server since it's not BE compatible.

Thanks for the quick fix, at least the team can play.

you can make server w/o issue, as client isn't needed for the server to work

BattlEye will support the client later

you can make server w/o issue, as client isn't needed for the server to work

BattlEye will support the client later

Indeed, I meant it was no use, nobody can connect on it with BattlEye activated.

At least not this morning when I tested. If it's solved since then, that'll be great news.

In all cases, that saved our team events, so I'm grateful :)