Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

Hey Dwarden,

in the DayZ SA they are working on a so-called 'Network Bubble' for MP optimization. Do you know whether there are any plans doing this for Arma 3 and can we expect more MP optimizations in the future?

please read 1.09 DEV changelog, you can see some of the optimizations from DayZ already got into Arma 3 (you got even some in 1.63 OA beta)

you can expect us to optimize in 1.11 DEV for 1.12 STABLE again :)

bubble, maybe partially... Arma 3 is different architectuer

so, something other than Wasteland ever gets hosted on these servers? :confused:

So is this implemented with today's patch or? I read the thread but I'm not exactly sure. If it's not is it going to be released for all users sometime soon?

it told me i had to write at least one post to pm someone so this me doing just that. hi.

NVM performance still degrades like crazy, after playing 10 minutes on a server with players fps dropped to 20. Too good to be true.

RIG: i7 4770k and 2x GTX 780 Ti

Oh, we had the same problem. i first thought this was a mission problem but now im not sure...

I also had a 8ppl coop yesterday where other people reported they had 40serverfps during the mission. we had only 20 and where on ramdisk, nologs and all that other stuff that should boost the server.

I just tried some servers, on one ther was about 30-40 people and FPS was insanely good. I usually get 17 fps, it was 30-50 over here :D

In the past week our server (see my sig) fps has been averaging 50fps in the first 1-2 hours, 30-40 fps after 2 hours, and it stays around 15-20 fps past 3+ hours. This is all on BECTI Zerty with a full server of 30-32 people (with a constant stream of people quitting/joining).

Mostly due to some changes I made in the mission.

Well, good solution would be to restart the server every 3 hours :)

That is the exact opposite of a good solution.

Is there a server with no ping limits, I don't think I've ever experienced a >30fps server. Australian server hosting seems to spit out the worst hardware

Such a good game is ruined by its server architecture :coop:

Edited by Sgt-Chippuh

hello, everyone who can, join CZ04 (1.10 stable) , testing new PERF binary ! 94.23.112.9:2402

I can say that today the performance of the new 1.10 perf. binaries is in same test sequence 2-4FPS above stable. not so much. Very sad, because the 1.08 perf. binaries were running amazing fast!

'Tested with 4 players and 200 AI

Edited by Maxon

Well its not just about more fps, its more like keeping a stable fps during a longer server-session with scriptheavy missions. I cans complain about fps on my server at start of mission. It keeps 50fps/cps for the first period of time even with 25-30players, but an hour in things starts degrading.

Longer server session duration I can understand, but please define "scriptheavy" here... as well as why the mission concept requires being "scriptheavy"?

2nd revision of 1.10 PERF is up ... AI related optimizations (FPS may not change much but they there)

Longer server session duration I can understand, but please define "scriptheavy" here... as well as why the mission concept requires being "scriptheavy"?

A mission with as an example vehicle respawn it relays on a respawnscript. Parajumping/mhq/wreckrepair/air-taxi/ammodrop/sidemissions all rely on scripts, typical missions with many scripts Domination/Invade&annex/Be-CTI - back to topic :)

Hello Dwarden,

Yes! the 2nd revision runs much better!

comparing to the first revision we got a gain of 8-10FPS in a Situation with 200 AI...

Thats pretty good! i am happy with that!

I think, mate, that you know exactly what script heavy means and why some missions require it. You're just being obtuse. :)

So spent about an hour on one of the servers, such a big difference. At the end of the hour frames started to get worse but they where still better than other freshly started servers, and this one had a uptime of 36 hours. A big step in the right direction is all I can say. Btw Dwarden, whats the idea with this "fix" will it be released as included in the future?

FPS (Ultra preset, turned of blur effects and such bs.):

Town - ~20 vs ~50

Wilderness - ~35 vs ~80

PC :

AMD FX 8320 @ 4.5GHz

8GB Corsair 1600MHz RAM

Samsung SpinPoint F3 32MB 1TB

AMD HD 6870 1GB

1680x1050 (native res on a older 22")

Why can't they find out what causes server performance degradation in multiplayer. Seems like it should be pretty obvious to figure out if you debug enough.

ok i got latest binary with profiling, password for 7z is test

so if you plan to help us, this needs tobe ran and get server full then do #captureFrame over BE RCON and get us back the result block from RPT

both binaries there: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

please realize the profiling binary runs in debug mode (similar like DEV branch just bit worse) so it's good for just getting the results

when you get the results, send them to dwarden a,t. bistudio d-O-t com , with description of

1. mission name (ideally attach the mission too if it don't need any mods)

2. playercount at moment of the execution of #captureFrame (preffered full servers, but if other player count, then try also mention how many hours it ran since started)

3. server hardware/os etc.

4. in case you know the AI count on the moment of the #captureFrame it would be nice to mention it

5. any other stuff worth to mention (server side addons, extensionCall libraries, custom allocators etc)

Hi Dwarden,

thank you for this release.

I'll try to test this new version with an Alive mission (I hope mod will support this version).

Not sure to be able to get a lot of people, because I think most of them are arrayed to install mods...

bye

ok, everyone who has arma 3, time,

i need you to join CZ03,CZ04,CZ05,CZ06 (preffered) or CZ01,CZ02 (optional)

if you have community, get em all on the servers ... purpose is simple, more server FPS ...

note: servers now run PERF3 from today ... so fill em up :)