Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

The hotfix is now out on main branch (servers also), and BE-supported. Thanks for the quick testing folks! Sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully the hotfix helps with weekend MP.

Thank you very much DnA. Hopefully my host will update the server soon.

... PERF0 client .. doesn't seem to reveal allot of spare fpsses.. However, very hard to compare...

:)

Hotfix runs stable, no further crash... thanks for this BI !!

Edit : but the Performance is almost bad, Server ~50 FPS, Clients ~20-30 FPS !! Server is i7 4770 with 32 gb ram, 2x 240gb ssd... client is i5 4670K @ 3,9 ghz, win7 pro,8 gb ram,ati 7970 and also ssd... :(

Edited by Phantom

47 People last night for 5-6 hours and ZERO crashing. Good job BIS! The server also stayed around 25fps at max capacity, and all clients reported excellent FPS, impressive for BECTI. Good job Dwarden, ask BIS for a raise. Now work on fixing vehicles doing that floating dance they do at long ranges and when you first spot them. :cool:

hey there!

is the binary still available somewhere? dropbox seems to be empty... at least for me

The latest Perf0 file is already included in the latest update. So no need for that

My host is running the performance binary on the server end, but I notice the dropbox on the first page is empty.

So where does one obtain the matching performance client?

(the forums must be getting nailed hard, it took like 30 minutes for this page to load alone!)

thank you all.

signed,

your local samaritan burden

(great song by the way as well :P )

there is none for now, PERF0 is now part of HOTFIXed 1.12

CZ01,01a,02,02a,03,04 runs now PERF1 ... go get me players on those ;)

CZ04 one especially as it runs some special logging

Oh, homeworks! Will check this out tonight after work(it's 2:23 pm here).

So after playing a bit.

Performance are the same for me. 45 FPS client side. Played on CZ 04.

Besides a few desyncs, was all good. :)

None of these servers is on [DEV], may I ask why?

Because these servers are running the dedicated server binaries compatible with the main branch(same version), only, it's a test version with optimisations. They may or may not be unstable depending on what they are testing. Dwarden can probably explain better but to put it simply: They are slightly modified server binaries to test optimisations that can't be tested on the official servers because of possible problems during the tests.

The Dev branch is of course a test version of the client and server to test stuff before it gets to main branch. It often gets some of the optimisations from the PERF builds too after they get tested on the PERF servers.

So they test stuff in parallel.

Why on the main branch and not the dev branch? Easier to get people to test i'm guessing. More people play with on the main branch. That is an assumption though. Dwarden can confirm or deny this if i'm wrong.

PERF > DEV > STABLE

while PERF build == STABLE build so it can use the bigger MP playerbase

PERF > DEV > STABLE

while PERF build == STABLE build so it can use the bigger MP playerbase

So you see no advantage in reserving one of those servers as a DEV-PERF build, as I assume those more actively monitoring the advancement of the game (Aren't forum members more prone to giving feedback?) are on DEV?

there is less players on DEV and you get the changes anyway later into DEV just more finetuned ...

So you see no advantage in reserving one of those servers as a DEV-PERF build, as I assume those more actively monitoring the advancement of the game (Aren't forum members more prone to giving feedback?) are on DEV?

If everything was in one branch, it would be a lot harder to separate issues caused by perf changes from those appearing on devbranch because of other things. Current approach allows to have both lines of work independently. I guess that's the current motivation

Edited by DarkWanderer

If everything was in one branch, it would be a lot harder to separate issues caused by perf changes from those appearing on devbranch because of other things. Current approach allows to have both lines of work independently. I guess that's the current motivation

I understand that... What I was implying is that, though there might be more ppl attending a stable build server (and thus more server-side feedback), most of them are probably not aware of the reason for that server existing and therefore provide less client-side feedback (on these forums).