Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

nope not all but most of the important

atm. perf is older than hotfix so use hotfix,

new perf is wip (today or tomorrow if all goes well)

What is the memory leak attributed to?  Still getting around 3.5gb of usage per server

note: no perf until next week

• Like 1

Crashing hard on newest hotfix. I gutted our zombie mod as it seemed to make things a ton worse-- (We had readded it.) With that having been gone we were not crashing, but now with the latest hotfix it seems it doesn't really matter and we are going down every few hours under load (64-70)

PMed dumps and .rpt

I'm interested in profiling SQF code and/or creating profiling tool for SQF.

Does prof build provide information I can use for it?

(More details in this post.)

1.56.134872 profiling & performance v3 server and client, windows/linux

+ additional crash fixes , yet the hunt continue (-crashDiag still has use)

+ additional logging to track out of memory crashes / memory leaks

+ some rpt spam cleaned

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

• Like 3

Silly question if I may

I am running the stable version of ARMA3 dedi server download.

Can I make use of these binarys?

Will the clients have to use same files or can I safely stick the binary on the server and be done?.

Could some one please explain what I need to do if I can use these files?

Thank you

The binary that you get here is fully compatible with client and servers with stable and performance build. Perf build client can play on a stable server and the other way around. Note: The best performance is with server and client running on perf build but you still wont lose speed.

Thats great

So how do i install this and find latest version?

Thank you

last version is on dropbox , files are overwrite style , so you replace existing arma3server.exe or arma3.exe

Crash on latest perf build at high player count.

logs and dump sent to Dwarden

More logs sent.

Are folks still getting access violation crashes?

:ph34r:   I notice since I installed v3  client(no Profiling) , when exit the game, it stays on taskbar. If use EndProgram, it trys to restart before ending as ordered. Weird huh? :ph34r:

dvdbrewster anything suspicious in RPT log ?

also did your replaced the arma3.exe with the perf one ?

btw. if anyone has new bidmp/mdmp and crashlogs from 1.56.134782 then please share

lack of reports about problems is disturbing ;)

:ph34r:   I notice since I installed v3  client(no Profiling) , when exit the game, it stays on taskbar. If use EndProgram, it trys to restart before ending as ordered. Weird huh? :ph34r:

btw. if anyone has new bidmp/mdmp and crashlogs from 1.56.134782 then please share

Yes  Perf v3.  It did not do this on V2.    Nothing unusual in RPT. 

I have a strange issue, if I use the windows arma 3 client performance binary (v3) and the SSE2 compiled version of tbmalloc, then battleye blocks both from being loaded. Does this happen to anyone else?

If I revert back to the "original" versions then battleye is happy again.

I tried either of them and battleye will prevent either loading.

Yes  Perf v3.  It did not do this on V2.    Nothing unusual in RPT. 

I hear in other forums that some running mods (ace ?) have inability to save. Game just wont do it.. IDK if they run Perf. or not. But it takes forever for  Game to unload using Perf v3.  and clicking taskbar tries to relaunch game.

I have a strange issue, if I use the windows arma 3 client performance binary (v3) and the SSE2 compiled version of tbmalloc, then battleye blocks both from being loaded. Does this happen to anyone else?

If I revert back to the "original" versions then battleye is happy again.

I tried either of them and battleye will prevent either loading.

Hi,

this happens if the .dll file is not signed(whitelisted) from Battleye. And only Client side.

The both mallocs in Dwardens dropbox are for server side using, so it´s not possible to use it clientside with active battleye.

The dll itselve does work also clientside, but if you want to do this, you have to send it(or a link to dwadens dropbox) to Bastian Suter from Battleeye, than he can whitelist this file and all is working fine.

@dwarden,

yesterday we had a servercrash at 1.56_perf.v3 but server was not writing any logs. there is nothing in rpt and he does not generate mdmp or bidmp files.

so i´m sorry, but i have nothing to send to you.

this happens if the .dll file is not signed(whitelisted) from Battleye. And only Client side.

The both mallocs in Dwardens dropbox are for server side using, so it´s not possible to use it clientside with active battleye.

The dll itselve does work also clientside, but if you want to do this, you have to send it(or a link to dwadens dropbox) to Bastian Suter from Battleeye, than he can whitelist this file and all is working fine.

Okay, thanks for this information, I thought the dll's and exe's were able to work on client side too. 

I will try the v4 client exe when it comes out, as I cannot use the v3 one for some reason, battleye doesnt like the v3 exe file. 

Mine seemed to stop when I reinstalled A3 and went through and resetup my server + all the .dll files associated (which were being blocked by Server 2012 by default, of course.) Nada since with the newest perf branch. I was running the same perf branch and dumping out every few hours before I did this, so I am thinking that the access violation I was getting was not due to A3 itself.

Hi,

both allocators on the dropbox works fine with client and server ...

they also work fine with BattlEye ...

v3 works fine with BattlEye too

• Like 1

note, if you have problem to startup servers (and closing it actually makes it 'frozen' in memory)

try check if you have upnp=1; in your server.cfg

if you do, switch it to 0, because if GSP/ISP is blocking upnp/ssdp then server bootup will take 600s more

1.56.135164 profiling & performance v4 server and client, windows/linux

+ many additional crash fixes , yet the hunt continue with improved logging to track out of memory crashes / memory leaks

+ logging of addons loaded by "-serverMod=" is now separated from "-mod=", some log spam cleaned

+ logging too long execution of callExtension. Default limit is 1s. dedicated server.cfg: callExtReportLimit = 1000; (note: added approx ~0.005 ms overhead so it should neglible)

+ Linux server fixes/merges (too many to list all - yet still not all what's in RC/next stable nor DEV)

+ performance optimization for some animation states (vs hit/hitpoints ,vs buildings) and for some particle effects (vs hit , vs fire)

+ sounds now heard inside vehicles and falling casing of shells too

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

• Like 2

plea: it would be very useful if some admins runs v4 performance servers

please send me all/any crashes (logs+dumps) before Tuesday as v4 may actually catch those problematic out of memory issues