Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

Hello David,

thanks again for your invested time and the great work.

What do you mean with:

server.cfg's requiredbuild to 130340

I dont know a servercfg requirebuild entry

I dont know a servercfg requirebuild entry

You can add it to your server.cfg, for example :

hostname        	= "My Super Awesome Fun Server";
password         	= "";
passwordAdmin      	= "My_Admin_Password";
logFile            	= "A3Master.log";
verifySignatures   	= 2;
BattlEye            = 1;
requiredBuild = 130340 ;

See it on the bottom ? it will stop anyone with a lower version joining your server.

Hello,

I'm a total newb when it comes to this patch/tweak. So if I'm doing anything wrong or whatever, please let me know. I'm not able to use performance v1 or v2 on a server that supports this patch. Thanks.

First I tried 142v1 on BECTI - ZERTY - SS (Seattle), and game is stuck loading or sending before team-select. Next thing was to try 142v2 and it crashed the game long before it was launched. I finally managed to find out HOW to apply the 142v2 patch by luck (you guys really need a small tutorial text or whatever), cause I had forgot the physx dll's... So I DL'ed the physx files, extracted and replaced the original ones and game will open now, but I'm still stuck before team-select on the server.

Pretty much annoyed trying to find solution and I hope you guys can help me -.-

Summary:

I made backup (phew) of all files to be patched in Arma 3 directory.

I replaced files with files from 142v2 and accepted to overwrite.

Downloaded and patched the DLL's.

Still no go, Arma 3 broken with patch.

I just saw about this project on a reddit post.

How can I know if the server that I usually play is using this PERF?

Will I have any performance gain if I use the client Perf in a normal (Stable) server?

Do I understand it right, that one has to download that fix by himself and that it will not be provided via steam or am I wrong?

Do I understand it right, that one has to download that fix by himself and that it will not be provided via steam or am I wrong?

Yes, mate. Download it from the link Dwarden gave earlier. Copy the executable into your arma server folder and make sure your launcher/tadst/shortcut is using it.

Thanks mate!

Do I only need that file?

- arma3client_performance_142v3.7z

Thanks mate!

Yes, just that one. It contains a new exe.

Thanks mate!

and the PhysX archive, it needs new libraries too

Just to clarify, if I want to use PERFv2 and higher the server needs to update PHYSX libraries? Also, the clients need these updates or they will crash?

both server and client needs those new PhysX libraries

So if I want to use it on my server...my whole group (consisting of lazy people) need to do that?

Why exactly will that "fix" not be provided via steam?

(I'm mean, to be honest I might not quiet get the whole point of that "download")

So if I want to use it on my server...my whole group (consisting of lazy people) need to do that?

Why exactly will that "fix" not be provided via steam?

Because these are experimental fixes/optimizations, they may or may not have issues. Once said issues are worked out then these fixes/optimizations will be included in the next stable branch fix.

TL: DR, if your group is lazy, wait until it goes to stable.

Ahhh okay...

Makes sence, I guess the thread title just confused me! ^^

:yay:

both server and client needs those new PhysX libraries

hey bud im running the perf v3.7 server.exe I am in need of some major help bud I am trying to get my server to have good server fps so its not so laggy can you just point out what I might have set wrong this is what im running in the basic.cfg. also

we are on a dedi box>intel xeon L5639 100gb of system ram raid 5 array ssds aka have 3 hooked with a raid card and it is a 12 core physical 24 core logical system with a gigabyte connection what in gods name am I screwing up.

MinBandwidth = 1097152;

MaxBandwidth = 1073741824;

MaxMsgSend = 2048; // Maximum number of messages that can be sent in one simulation cycle. Increasing this value can decrease lag on high upload bandwidth servers. Default: 128

MaxSizeGuaranteed = 1300; // Maximum size of guaranteed packet in bytes (without headers). Small messages are packed to larger frames. Guaranteed messages are used for non-repetitive events like shooting. Default: 512

MaxSizeNonguaranteed = 1024; // Maximum size of non-guaranteed packet in bytes (without headers). Non-guaranteed messages are used for repetitive updates like soldier or vehicle position. Increasing this value may improve bandwidth requirement, but it may increase lag. Default: 256

MinErrorToSend = 0.002; // Minimal error to send updates across network. Using a smaller value can make units observed by binoculars or sniper rifle to move smoother. Default: 0.001

MinErrorToSendNear = 0.02; // Minimal error to send updates across network for near units. Using larger value can reduce traffic sent for near units. Used to control client to server traffic as well. Default: 0.01

MaxCustomFileSize = 0; // (bytes) Users with custom face or custom sound larger than this size are kicked when trying to connect.

1.42 PERF/PROF v4 (1.42.130549) released: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

optimizations, multiple crash fixes, more squad xml fixes, note: glasses error popup fix needs client

{new phyx libs fixing more crashes in v4 and client is optional but recommended more than before}

Hello Dwarden,

I tried to run this last PERF release on our linux dedicated, it calls the new physX libraries

./arma3server: error while loading shared libraries: libPhysX3_x86.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I cant find them or how to get them, did I miss anything?

please check the dropbox again, I reuploaded correct binaries with correct libraries ... sorry for the mismatch

This has probably been asked in one of the 80 pages of this thread so sorry in advance for asking again but I can't find it.

What are the different files for and which ones do I need for a standard windows dedicated server ?

I tried copying the arma3server_profiling_142v4.exe and the Physx files across and although the server runs I am now getting this error in the report.

12:20:40 InitSound ...
12:20:40 InitSound - complete
12:20:40 PhysX3 SDK Init started ...
12:20:40 Error: PhysX 4: Wrong version: foundation version is 0x03030200, tried to create 0x03030300, file ..\..\foundation\src\PsFoundation.cpp, line 144

Will steam overwrite any of the Physx files on update ?

Which files should I use for the HC ?

BTW Thanks for this

Added after:

Tried using arma3server_performance_142v4.exe and got this error.

[ERROR] cannot save. [filename]=c:\Games\Arma3\WI_1\Users\HC\Saved\steam\meta\cacheItems.map
Extensions:
 asmdll (.\asmdll.dll) [] []

extDB (.\extDB.dll) [] []

Little confused about just what I need to do here ?

Fred's ASM is showing the same 47 fps it usually does .. but there are no players on at the moment.

Yet another addition after the OP.

The Headless client is still getting kicked for some reason.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?183918-Dedicated-Client-Headless-Client-feedback-(dev-branch)&p=2929904#post2929904

Edited by spitfire007

PERF/PROF client and server and HC needs those new PhysX libraries ...

profiling binary contains debug layer similar as DEV branch thus it's slower than performance one

Thanks Dwarden,

Here is a shot of my server with 2 players on.

Does not look too good ?

<a  href=capture.png' alt='capture.png'>

Any idea what could be causing these spikes ?

Settings 1 second and standard ASM.ini

Server is a full dedicated box with only arma running one instance on it on bare metal. ie: no Virtualisation.

It is a Xeon E3 1240 v3 running at stock 3.7gig

Edited by spitfire007