Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

Why do you didn't offer a Roleback version? 

Why do you didn't offer a Roleback version?

huh?

since 1.54 Update the servers are crashing everyday and every 2 hours. 

Yes servers are Crashing, but 1.54 has a lot of good stuff includet.

The error why servers are crashing is an Old error and was includet before 1.4 but don´t get shown.

Since 1.54 there is a combination from 2 error and this brings servers to crash.

p.s.  you can switch to linux if you want a stable server.

@dwarden:

You have PM with Serverlogs

Yes servers are Crashing, but 1.54 has a lot of good stuff includet.

The error why servers are crashing is an Old error and was includet before 1.4 but don´t get shown.

Since 1.54 there is a combination from 2 error and this brings servers to crash.

p.s.  you can switch to linux if you want a stable server.

Why they don't fix the problem?

80 % of all Servers are running on windows.

and my server crashes with 23 players after 2 hours. That can't be possible.

And i don't used linux until now, and i dont have the time to find out, how all works with linux.

Isn't there any option to fix this problem?

and that's why we slaying the bugs one by one 1.54 is n time less stable than 1.54.perf/prof builds

Why they don't fix the problem?

80 % of all Servers are running on windows.

and my server crashes with 23 players after 2 hours. That can't be possible.

And i don't used linux until now, and i dont have the time to find out, how all works with linux.

Isn't there any option to fix this problem?

The developers are humans as you and i and no wizzards.

The hace to find the Source of the Problem before they can fix this.

Bohemia is working very hard on this Crashes and i think your Post is unfair.

You dont want to spend a few hours to switch to linux ??? Why.?? You get a stable server if you make all right !?

AND if you Server is Crashing at 20 Players, then take a look into your Scripts.

Our Server is Crashing Randomly. but this is not based on PlayerCount.

Please have respekt for the BI Devs, Crying helps nobody.

The developers are humans as you and i and no wizzards.

The hace to find the Source of the Problem before they can fix this.

Bohemia is working very hard on this Crashes and i think your Post is unfair.

You dont want to spend a few hours to switch to linux ??? Why.?? You get a stable server if you make all right !?

AND if you Server is Crashing at 20 Players, then take a look into your Scripts.

Our Server is Crashing Randomly. but this is not based on PlayerCount.

Please have respekt for the BI Devs, Crying helps nobody.

i totaly undersand you. Sry if i said that wrong, i compleatly respect and appreaciate the work and the development of the devs, still it is agrovating.

And i meant the server crashes faster when more players are on the server.

The server is still crashing randomly.

I don't want to swtich to linux, because if they are working on it right now, i think that they will resolve the problems soon. Windows is much better to work with.

Core dumped crash after around 6 hours (Linux)

So,unfortunately windows and Linux have the same issues under different names

The "restrain" issue, didnt really happen on our Server! But it crashes randomly with the def. "out of memory..." or "arma3server.exe stopped working" 

*Sigh*

Also still getting desyncs/OOM crashes with latest dev version...one 3 minutes into a session..then an hour after restarting.  No rhyme or reason to it it seems.

We are now 2 months into the 1.54 update and this issue is still ongoing.  Can't remember an update breaking servers like this for this length of time. Props to Dwarden for continuing to work on it.

Our server crashed again yesterday with the following message:

1c4fe1930b88d713d2746e9e43c9e197.png

Hope this information helps

Edit: Our headlessclient crashed with the same message at the exact same time

My server is having the same issue. Shame on BI for not prioritizing this, seems like dwarden is a lone soldier here. Will continue to monitor this page. At this point, I'm thinking about rolling everyone in my unit back to 1.52

@ferwindjacks let me just summarize what you said: You complain that BI is not prioritizing this problem but at the same time you say GJ to dwarden for working on the problem. I hope you know that in a company not everyone is a multitalent. some people are really good at design things some at coding. For what reason you would give a designer the task to fix a engine problem? So why not be patient and help dwarden with logs from the new perf builds? Why always complain and flame? As you can read in this forum BI is working on a fix. Like mention some posts before they are humans not wizards please remember that when you complain the next time..

• Like 1

@ferwindjacks let me just summarize what you said: You complain that BI is not prioritizing this problem but at the same time you say GJ to dwarden for working on the problem. I hope you know that in a company not everyone is a multitalent. some people are really good at design things some at coding. For what reason you would give a designer the task to fix a engine problem? So why not be patient and help dwarden with logs from the new perf builds? Why always complain and flame? As you can read in this forum BI is working on a fix. Like mention some posts before they are humans not wizards please remember that when you complain the next time..

Interesting. Let's backtrack a bit and get wider field of view on the situation.

1.54 came out on December 1, almost two months ago now. Since then, practically every single server admin has been witnessing issues of memory leaks and other spontaneous errors, with no changes on their end. These server admins range from Arma 3 Life servers to Mil-Sim units. Let's not forget that some of these people actually run this game as a business, make income and need their server to be in tip-top shape for that to work well. So we have lots of people spending hundreds of dollars on servers and that money is going down the drain due to the fact that BI doesn't want to formally address this issue (except within this forum post and their Arma 3 ticketing system) and roll back to something stable, such as 1.52. You probably don't spend money on servers and therefore this is just an annoying obstacle. To the people that feel like they've been jipped by BI, this is a much bigger issue. It's a lot easier to be sympathetic on the sidelines. And yes, I would only think that a company making millions of dollars on a game would hire more than one person capable of handling such issues. I'll do my best to collect crash dumps, when and if they come. This is frustrating, especially since BI could roll everyone back and fix the "complaining" until they get it fixed. You have no idea how many people are complaining to me that "my servers" are broke and do not realize it's just Arma. Please remember that when you start flaming next time.

If you roll back to an older version.. who would use the unstable version? How would you get this specific crash logs? But thats just one point of view. The other thing is BI is bigger than just ARMA and the studio working on Arma is not that big as BI. So i really dont know how many people are working on the problem but i would say 2 or 3 at max. The only one that could answer this would be dwarden.

Yes a roll back would statisfy most people. But that wont fix the problem. You could play Arma 2 if you like rollbacks that much. I personally dont see any problem in using the legacy builds through steam(also an option) if you need a older version.

I want to add that this problem is not on all servers im playing on the EUTW server for a long time they are crashing maybe 1 time in a month or even less. So still i assume there is something in the specific script executions or some functions causing memmory leaks when used to often i dont know. But this problem occurs on many but by far not on all servers.

PS: In december was a winter break so effectively it was only 1 month.

@Avka, @kupferkarpfen, @lgstevo

I need MD5 or SHA-1 checksums of all files in your server with anims_f_*.pbo

or pack those files into 7z and upload to dropbox and send me url

1.54 is a good point to fix your scripts.

I reduced from crash every 30 minutes to crash 1 to 2 times per day.

Watch your scripts and all other around you server. reduce the memory usement and useless running scripts.

Try the Mallocs and explore witch is the best and stablest for you.

flaming helps nobody. But yes, sure its frustrating, because player tell ever only this server is crashing all others don´t do this. And why are the admins on this server to bad to get this running.

I know this comments! i hear this every day when server was crashing.

I donn´t know if you ever lerned any programming language. But let u tell, memory leakes are realy shitty to address in sourcecode.

And it needs Time and lots of Crashlogs to find them.

So keep cool. send in your logs and all get better with time.

If you have a crazy player send him to google and let him search about "Arma3 1.54" The answers are Arma3 crash servers. So he can see that this is not depending on our server.