Dwarden

Arma 3 STABLE Server 2.16 "profiling / performance binary" feedback

Sent you a PM with the download link to the files.

I was talking to the Mariou62

I was talking to the Mariou62

Maybe i must play "Take On Mars" to find Dwarden on Mars. To get an answer to my question...

jw18af6wilra.jpg

ok, i'm moving onto 1.30 now, 3 servers up, but i would want first players before anyone else put up servers ...

37.187.132.224:2102

37.187.132.224:2802

37.187.132.224:3102

branchname: Experimental

branch password: experimentalreleasecadidate130

the client update is around 20MB from 1.28 to 1.30 experimental

for server it's full client download tho

Maybe i must play "Take On Mars" to find Dwarden on Mars. To get an answer to my question...

http://www11.pic-upload.de/thumb/17.09.14/jw18af6wilra.jpg

did you see this ? : https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/basic.cfg

As said Mario, after this you have to test by yourself. I supppose the values (in wiki) are for servers with minimal requierement.

As said Mario, after this you have to test by yourself. I supppose the values (in wiki) are for servers with minimal requierement.

I'm not answering his question on purpose, things will change and until then I don't want to share any of my settings ...

Oh yes, I have spent hundreds of hours to optimizing the basic.cfg values​​... Step by step.

Haha, test by yourself... An honest answer would have been: We have no idea what the correct values ​​are... And that is the real reason why Bohemia Interactive has never been a true example of the basic.cfg values​​.

There is no single clear statement on the subject.

Only flimsy excuses.

Since Operation Flashpoint.

@Dwarden: Fix this ->

with your magical performance binary. Then I'm happy... Edited by Sturmgewehr

I'm not answering his question on purpose, things will change and until then I don't want to share any of my settings ...

Just friendly advice from my perspective, it would have been better to respond with this answer earlier rather than ignore the guy. Ignoring people usually has a negative effect where if you're up front they're typically more receptive.

there is new RC

branch: RC

password: Arma3Hotfix130

two profiling debug test servers are up:

37.187.132.224:2102

37.187.132.224:2802

download size difference to 1.28 client just several dozen MB (binaries, dll and some pbo), improvements are MP only

new RC, 1.30.127256, branch: RC , password: Arma3Hotfix130 , two profiling servers up: 37.187.132.224:2102 , 37.187.132.224:2802 , seeking for players, the more the better, last 36-48h of testing!

Stable builds released after 1.24 are unable to kill arma3server.exe after executing shutdown command and hence making auto restarting scripts unable to work.

Currently i dont think you should use any perf binaries. The currently official 1.30 update are

newer than the 1.30perf4.

Dwarden any comments?

My servers are suffering PhysX3_x86.dll crash every time they are shut down or their mission is reset/restarted ever since patch 1.26. Before 1.24, however, this problem was rare to be seen.

Edited by jerminhu

My servers are suffering PhysX3_x86.dll crash every time they are shut down or their mission is reset/restarted ever since patch 1.26. Before 1.24, however, this problem was rare to be seen.

yes, this is known issue, unfortunately the fix needs new PhysX version so not 1.34 but more likely 1.36

To clarify you need both experimental server and client for this to work? So if I switch my server over to performance binaries people cannot connect without it?

Also is access still via beta opt-in + passwords that you give out for a short test duration or is there some long-term stable builds we can use that might be compatible with normal steam stable branch that players have?

only when it's declared you need client too ... atm. there is nothing like that for 1.32 ...

only when it's declared you need client too ... atm. there is nothing like that for 1.32 ...

If there is no requirement for client binaries that simplifies testing for me since I don't need players to download anything. Would I be able to participate in this performance testing? I think the last time I helped BIS with testing was when Suma switched OFP over from Directplay to their own netcode but I shouldn't be too rusty :)

How can I access the 1.32 binaries?

Will the new optimisation also work for lots of AI on the field too Dwarden ?

this was bug related to issues on PvP servers with lot of players (thus PvE with lot of players too) but not AI related

AI perf will get it's love probably later (can't give any eta atm)

http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/2lzj9c/join_chimera_test_servers_new_performance/

testing new experimental optimization, server FPS is very promising, need those servers full and crushed by players :)

Nice servers, however next time please make sure BE filters are up to date and the in-mission antihack is on :)

Last night cheating was rampant on those servers (Especialy the EU ones), rendering the game unplayable :)

ss: http://i.imgur.com/IWYhAHa.jpg

both samatra's KOTH/Wasteland mission's asswell as ours come with built inn anticheat and updated BE filters :)

atleast the clientsided FPS wasn't the issue with everyone constantly exploding and not being able to spawn :D

incase you want to give A3W a go use this repo for the PBO: https://github.com/A3Wasteland/ArmA3_Wasteland.Altis

and these filters for BE: https://github.com/A3Wasteland/Release_Files/tree/master/BattlEye

Edited by JoSchaap

the built in anticheat is in wasteland is joke and will be phased out, same applies to KOTH

the server-sdeBE filters most of WST/Samatra servers use as base default were written by ... guess who ... me ;)

I don't give damn about client side scripts.txt BE filter cause that is performance hit, limited use, easy to get around

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

atm. those 2 servers are active until they full then I add more:

94.23.112.9:2102

192.99.47.216:2102

the built in anticheat is in wasteland is joke and will be phased out, same applies to KOTH

the server-sdeBE filters most of WST/Samatra servers use as base default were written by ... guess who ... me ;)

I don't give damn about client side scripts.txt BE filter cause that is performance hit, limited use, easy to get around

---------- Post added at 19:21 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

:)

skillz

I tested the 1st one tonight. We were 80~ players and the fps was capped at 20-22 fps. Quite difficult to conduct some CQB action in these conditions :P As a result, I camped like b*** outside of Kavala

I tested the 1st one tonight. We were 80~ players and the fps was capped at 20-22 fps. Quite difficult to conduct some CQB action in these conditions :P As a result, I camped like b*** outside of Kavala

clientside FPS is different problem, needs to be sorted too tho