.kju

Community Upgrade Project

Ok thanks.

Well I guess I was just wishing for yet another Christmas gift there ;-) But the weapons will more than do for now. Looking forward to seing the release of the vehicles in the future.

Congratulations on the weapon release! Its a really amazing mod so far. Just one question though, when this mod is completed and all the infantry, weapons, vehicles, etc are ported, Will we be able to port mods from Arma 2 into Arma 3 or is that too far fetched?

Not sure what that questions means, are you referring to 3rd party mods i.e. from Non Bis sources ?

In preparation of my upcoming work for CUP and the next iteration of my tutorial I wanted to share the newest versions of my workhorses with you guys:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/ArmAPhysXModding/engine_calculation_.xlsx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/ArmAPhysXModding/suspension_calculator_.xlsx

It should be self-explanatory how to use them, but if you have questions, ask me via Skype or via PM.

My bad. I meat will other Arma 2 custom units not made by BI. But like user made units. But I think now that isn't possible. The project is for the Official units and such made by BI, right?

My bad. I meat will other Arma 2 custom units not made by BI. But like user made units. But I think now that isn't possible. The project is for the Official units and such made by BI, right?

If understood your question correctly the answer is yes, but partially, depends on the mod, CUP team is trying to add compatibility for some other big mods out there but we need their cooperation and approval to do so as well.

This is an example http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26724.

At any rate this is not a goal for CUP, porting content at A3 standards has priority now.

However any mod team can build on CUP platform and develop/port their own mods

In preparation of my upcoming work for CUP and the next iteration of my tutorial I wanted to share the newest versions of my workhorses with you guys:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/ArmAPhysXModding/engine_calculation_.xlsx

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/84370332/ArmAPhysXModding/suspension_calculator_.xlsx

It should be self-explanatory how to use them, but if you have questions, ask me via Skype or via PM.

Love that you're going to these lengths to make our virtual world as consistent and authentic as possible. Doubly so that you're doing this for not only the vanilla vehicles but for RHS and CUP as well (and sharing your workings for other mods also).

Hi, guys!

Unfortunately, I lost the interest to make models of interiors.

perhaps there is someone who wants to finish the model ARMA2 houses?

I can give already created models of interiors in good hands.

Awesome work on the buildings, Argument! Hopefully, someone continues this!

I'm sorry if you said something in this thread and didn't see it. Checked your website and links and I could not find a class list. Would be very helpful.

Hi, guys!

Unfortunately, I lost the interest to make models of interiors.

perhaps there is someone who wants to finish the model ARMA2 houses?

I can give already created models of interiors in good hands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmIZnP9NGgM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW6iIp9OSVQ

Mate that is amazing work and extreme effort I'm sure to get those buildings like that. Thanks from the community!

I've discovered a bug, well not really a bug but an oversight. Sorry if this was mentioned earlier.

The CUP_30Rnd_762X39_AK47_M magazine has a weight of 2.6 kgs. That's more than the AS50 mags. I'm sure it should be close to the AK 74 mags in weight. Hope this helps. It definitely makes carry a lot of mags not possible atm.

Is it possible to add the PEQs mounted to the top rail? It is more common to see them that way. Btw, this is my favorite weapons pack, congrats on the release

Is it possible to add the PEQs mounted to the top rail?

Not really. There would be two possibilities to achieve this, both of which are not really workable:

1) Have the proxy on a weapon be on the top rail instead of the side rail. This means that all side attachments, including e.g. flashlights, appear on top, potentially interfering with low sights like the iron sights or the ACO.

2) Have a special model of the AN/PEQ-2 that appears on top. This would mean that it would work for some specific weapons, but on most others it would either float above the weapon or clip through it.

Bottom line, there is no really good way to implement it. Unfortunately, Arma 3's attachment system is very limited, so there isn't an awful lot that can be done to work around this.

---------- Post added at 13:26 ---------- Previous post was at 13:21 ----------

I've discovered a bug, well not really a bug but an oversight. Sorry if this was mentioned earlier.

The CUP_30Rnd_762X39_AK47_M magazine has a weight of 2.6 kgs. That's more than the AS50 mags. I'm sure it should be close to the AK 74 mags in weight. Hope this helps. It definitely makes carry a lot of mags not possible atm.

As I wrote in the other thread, it is intentional. According to the load calculator addon I use, the AKM mag weights 1.18 kilo9grams, which corresponds roughly to the original weight I have found quoted (Around one kilo). According to my source, the AKM mags are made from heavier materials on top of being higher caliber, so they weight about twice as much as the AK-74 mags.

I can only stress again that the system employed in Arma 3 is quite a weird one since it combines weight and volume into the same single numerical value. A lot of the equipment in the game has weird values, for example, the AT mines are way too light (a real AT mine weights in excess of 10 kilograms).

As I wrote in the other thread, it is intentional. According to the load calculator addon I use, the AKM mag weights 1.18 kilo9grams, which corresponds roughly to the original weight I have found quoted (Around one kilo). According to my source, the AKM mags are made from heavier materials on top of being higher caliber, so they weight about twice as much as the AK-74 mags.

I can only stress again that the system employed in Arma 3 is quite a weird one since it combines weight and volume into the same single numerical value. A lot of the equipment in the game has weird values, for example, the AT mines are way too light (a real AT mine weights in excess of 10 kilograms).

AKM mags are made in 2 versions - steel and lightweigt alloy, steel one being 330 grams empty and 820 grams loaded, and lightweight being 170 grams empty and around 660 grams loaded.

AKM mags are made in 2 versions - steel and lightweigt alloy, steel one being 330 grams empty and 820 grams loaded, and lightweight being 170 grams empty and around 660 grams loaded.

No, no they aren't. Aluminum mags were experimental and were never implemented wide-scale. Metal AKM mags are absolutely steel only. I have a box full of them in my garage :)

For the sake of discussion, the AKM mags are simply "metal". :)

Yes, there are some synthetic mags from the 50's / 60's time frame made from bakelite composite material. These are the ones that you see are somewhat tan/orange. Much more common with AK-74 versions. However for "common use", AKM mags are steel.

Modern AK mags from Bulgaria and other places are more of a plastic polycarbonate material with steel inserts for the locking lugs and feed lips.

The only production-scale magazines in that caliber that are aluminum would be the VZ-58 (SA-58 if you prefer) which are a completely different animal altogether.

I can't wait for crew served weapons to be ported over.

T&E would be great for them in order to port em over.

I can't wait for the technicals and SUVs to be added when they start working on the vehicles. That leads me to ask though - will different skins be made for select vehicles to utilize A3's random skin feature?

I can't wait for the technicals and SUVs to be added when they start working on the vehicles. That leads me to ask though - will different skins be made for select vehicles to utilize A3's random skin feature?

Not very likely, at least not initially. There is enough work to be done without adding extra.

Not very likely, at least not initially. There is enough work to be done without adding extra.

Oh no doubt at all about that. I should have worded that better. I was talking in terms of possibility. Which possibility is always an absolute if not still alongside uncertainty. Amazing work already nonetheless!

Two more questions.

-Will static weapons fall under "vehicles" as well as will vests and packs fall under "clothing"? (Saw the categories at the end of the official CUP video.)

Edited by Nullrick

-Will static weapons fall under "vehicles" as well as will vests and packs fall under "clothing"? (Saw the categories at the end of the official CUP video.)

Static weapons are vehicles, yes, and clothing will include vests, uniforms and other items that can be worn.

Our goal is to really convert everything from Arma 2 to Arma 3.

Static weapons are vehicles, yes, and clothing will include vests, uniforms and other items that can be worn.

Our goal is to really convert everything from Arma 2 to Arma 3.

Good, looking forward to play ArmA 2 content in ArmA 3.

I wonder whether we'll be able to play the ArmA 2 missions / campaigns in ArmA 3 - provided you keep the same classnames.

But, why do static weapons fall under "vehicles", not "static"?

I wonder whether we'll be able to play the ArmA 2 missions / campaigns in ArmA 3 - provided you keep the same classnames.

You need "All in Arma" for that. CUP does use similar but not identical class names

Well, it's a matter of perspective. Static weapons are not (yet) in the Weapons pack, and will be included in the Vehicles update.

"Static" is just a vehicle class, like "Air" and "Boat"... they are all vehicles (i.e. entries in CfgVehicles)

Thank you for all your hard work on CUP Weapons Pack! This is really the kind of stuff Arma3 needs: quality content!