.kju

Community Upgrade Project

Really?

On aia I used the ALICEs and they worked like quite fine, let me see If I can dig up the old screenshots, maybe your talking about a really specific one though

http://imgur.com/fAHuLIR

(with a3 unit)

IDK which ones are the chdzk backpacks, maybe you mean those big bulkly russian ones the guerillas had for engineers or something?

Anyway legislator you did the taki civ stuff for CUP if I remember, they dont have that same glitch as CAF agressors where the hand is disconnected from the arm right?

Anyways good luck and I look forward to CUP

Edited by MikeTim

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=326259337

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=337249810

I converted the backpacks already, also added proper straps to them (the original ones didn't have any). Was a bit of tweaking work since I needed to add the proper weights. but the end result looks quite okay I think.

That's nice work Alwarren! It's true that most A2 units (not including the Arrowhead and DLC units) had no backpacks.

@MikeTim:

Those are the ChDkz backpacks. They were attached to the body. I know of at least 2 versions, the ALICE backpack and a longer version. https://cloud.githubusercontent.com/assets/7606291/4276529/1442bbba-3d06-11e4-9b49-49108e6c1991.jpg

I am not aware that my takistani units have hand glitches. Though I have to admit that I was not able to add A3 hands on those units. The texture won't fit on the A2 hands.

Btw ... CDF and ChDkz units are ready for deployment https://github.com/Legislator/GLT-Mod-Extended/issues/12

This weekend I killed some bugs. So I suppose it won't take much time until GLT Mod 1.24 + GLT Mod Extended 1.00 + donation time for CUP can begin! :)

Edited by [GLT] Legislator

Cold War in Arma 3 - The Community Upgrade Project (60fps)

TLDR: The CUP aims to bring all Arma 2, OA, and DLC content over to Arma 3, upgrading it to take advantage of the new Arma 3 functionality such as modular gear, weapons, etc.

Interested in contributing? Contact kju via the BIS forums.

BIG thanks to Dslyecxi for the plug! :bounce3:

congrats on the first release

love what you guys are doing and would like to offer my help if its needed as a hard surface modeler.

if you ever need something remade with high poly normal and AO bakes then just give me a call and i'd be happy to do it. Actually porting things into the engine makes me want to gouge my eyes out with a spoon so i can't help you there unfortunately.

if you wana see some of my work you find some here

Hello Bobman :)

thanks for your kind words and your offer to support CUP! :bounce3:

Are you using Skype already or would you be okay to get it?

This is the main way we communicate right now.

Your skillset would be most welcome and in return we can assist you with

the horrors of configs, rvmats and such. :)

I have Skype, I'll pm you with the details.

Really nice work so far gents, looking forward to seeing more awesome-ness from you guys!

Has there been any talk or plans to upgrade the Arma 2 vegetation or to create new vegetation? Lots of ports and islands based on Arma 2 assets would look even better.

Has there been any talk or plans to upgrade the Arma 2 vegetation or to create new vegetation? Lots of ports and islands based on Arma 2 assets would look even better.

And there still is this annoying bug that trees and walls can be destroyed by vehicles (even light ones) way too easy. Also walls fall down strangely. This isn´t fixed right?

Anyway, great work so far @CUP team, looking forward to the next update.

Edited by Lumnuon

@ DavidZi

In the end it all depends if modelers and texture artists into vegetation sign up to CUP and join the effort. :)

@ Argument

Thank you for your kind offer - we would certainly appreciate much your contribution!

CypeRevenge will contact you via PM shortly about the details.

Your work will fit greatly in the goals, and we have a couple of people recently joined that want to work on buildings,

as well as another person already having ported some A2 buildings like you offered to join the imitative. :bounce3:

Hi, guys!

Unfortunately, I lost the interest to make models of interiors.

perhaps there is someone who wants to finish the model ARMA2 houses?

I can give already created models of interiors in good hands.

Great work Argument.

A2 Interiors ! Thanks goodness - something that Bis should have done since 2009 !

This kind of cooperation is great, it' s nice to see people who have worked on this kind of stuff for a while on their own and eventually lost motivation over the time come out of the woods and join forces with other addonmakers to produce a great addon that will most certainly be a must have.

A2 Interiors ! Thanks goodness - something that Bis should have done since 2009 !

They did in Dayz Standalone you know :D

btw Argument ​really nice work

I seems a small issue but would it be possible to have the dedicated grenade launchers (M32 specifically) to have one configured as a launchers. Personally I find it that I would use the weapon in conjunction with a standard primary weapon.

Hi.

I get that you probably get asked this around 100 times a day. But in my group we're in the process of changing up some stuff, and at the moment a suggestion to start implementing the RHS mod has been put forward. So far I've told people to wait, because I have a feeling that the vehicle part of CUP is not that far away. I might be way off base, but seem to have read or heard somewhere, that a vehicle release could be on the way before the end of Christmas?

Basically what I, and possibly 100's of other people are asking is, is there any timetable for the release of the CUP vehicles?

@MFG4Ever

There are a bunch of vehicles done, however there is a long road ahead still. I wouldn't count on a vehicle release this year tho, is hard for us to tell when is all done since we all work in our free time. We'll keep you posted.