dazhbog

Linux Dedicated Server feedback

53 minutes ago, john85oc said:

Will this work on Debain 8 x64??

Yes, just make you you actually copy the 32 bit version of steam, arma doesn't support the 64 bit steamclient on some setups

I not really unterstand it. can not make BI a hotfix for?

They will soon I imagine. Not sure if this was BI or Steams fault as it seems that the steamclient that was supplied to the serverfiles was broken or otherwise not able to connect with the arma serverfiles.

Either way, it's an easy fix and I'm sure we'll see a proper fix soon

9 hours ago, john85oc said:

I not really unterstand it. can not make BI a hotfix for?

into you steam directory you find a folder called "linux32" in this folder there is a file called "steamclient.so" this file must be copy into your arma directory (there is a file with the same name, overwrite it!)

and yes it work on debian 8 too

• Like 2

Registered an account here to say thank you. This was giving me proper headache but this fixed my issue

i'm not the fix "inventor" but just a spokeperson :drinking2:thank you anyways, always glad to help

now i see i've got this error spamming in RPT (never seen before), someone else?

11:33:56 NetServer: trying to send too large non-guaranteed message (1360 bytes long, max 1348 allowed)
11:33:56 Message not sent - error 0, message ID = ffffffff, to 1922599065 (triky)

(it's repeated for every connected client, headless client too)

tried to both lower and increase the MaxSizeNonguaranteed value but nothing changes

RPT from Ubuntu Server 16.04LTS is... horror.

Well i dont know if this is a coincidence but DAC operated missions dont work properly - there is no initialization of waypoints, host and windows server ok, linux get wrecked 40MB log ;/

Hello, my server crash every 4 hours ... When we arrive more or less at 50 players. Before the update I did not have the problem. Am I the only one?
Cordially.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:42 AM, Mr.Pacman said:

Suggested fix from https://feedback.bistudio.com/T124761 worked for me too, running Debian 8. 

Havent looked into .rpt files yet i might need a strong drink before...

this didn't work for me. I still see black screen or a map when joining server." rpt says I did join", but I never see past the loading map before server joining. besides if I restart server or validate, the steamclient.so gets edited.

has any bis member responded to a fix?

11 minutes ago, dr death jm said:

this didn't work for me. I still see black screen or a map when joining server." rpt says I did join", but I never see past the loading map before server joining. besides if I restart server or validate, the steamclient.so gets edited.

has any bis member responded to a fix?

black screen it's not related to "steamclient.so" issue  (manly 'cause it don't even let start your server)

1.70 was a major update so your problem could be anywhere (various mods got an update with 1.70 realese)

so post your full RPT please

@Thedarkloser restarting server every 3-4 hours is strongly reccomended, however this kind of crashes very depend by the mission itself, how many resources it takes, how many players you have and naturally how well it's coded. ;)

could be useful to have more infos about crashes

Just now, dr death jm said:

https://codeshare.io/24gm8A

here is server rpt. this is without updating the steamclient.so

you must update the "stemclient.so" or the server doesn't even start as it crashes before to get UP

6 minutes ago, Thedarkloser said:

Hello @tRiKy_ch,

This is an Altis Life. I have a good machine and before 1.70 it did not arrive. Here are logs (Excuse there is a lot) :

1st Part

2nd Part

3rd Part

4th Part

Thank you.

could you also provide the linux syslog? (not all, only the part when arma crash)

7 minutes ago, tRiKy_ch said:

you must update the "stemclient.so" or the server doesn't even start as it crashes before to get UP

give me a sec, I updated the client.so , see if I hang like I did the other day .

well, I just took out all my mods, so the fix works, I just need to find what mod or mission is bad... thanks for the help.

its always a nightmare when bis updates.. (not there fault).  

8 minutes ago, tRiKy_ch said:

i need a prevoius one, this one start at 6am

Is the logs of all day my time zone is UTC+2. Want you more?

2 minutes ago, Thedarkloser said:

Is the logs of all day my time zone is UTC+2. Want you more?

I think you need to restart your server and give your new rpt.