dazhbog

Linux Dedicated Server feedback

Got it past that but now im getting a new error:

CreateBoundSocket: ::bind couldn't find an open port between 27016 and 27016

Most of that output is normal, but not that one. Make sure you haven't got any other processes using port 27016.

Most of that output is normal, but not that one. Make sure you haven't got any other processes using port 27016.

Yes. If you have multiple instances of the game running, say one private and one public, then in your server.cfg or equivalent you need to set the steamport and steamqueryport different from the defaults. Port 27016 is a default port and must do it for both instances. You cannot have one using the default and the other using a custom port. I found both need to be custom.

This may be an obvious one, but I will ask. Make sure the FW has the outgoing port defined too. :-)

Haha man this stuff is confusing :P, port was being used by something else so changed it and got it working, now to learn more fun stuff haha

---------- Post added at 20:02 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

Ok right now my server has no password and is open to 64 players, any tutorials on how i can change the config and put passords and change the limit?

You can get config files and explenations here https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server at the wiki pages. In the CONFIG_Vanilla.cfg file you can set your password and players limit.

Linux is not documented at all yet at the wiki pages for A3. But you can get some clues at the arma2 server linux pages too: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Server_configuration

hope that helps.

@NSH4RPY I get the same errors and my server shows up yellow...

After today's update the linux server runs at 40 fps on mission start screen and at around 35fps with mission (escape stratis) in progress. Didn't try much else... So no improvement on that level yet.

Same over here, nothing changed.

Hi all, first topic on this forum, excuse me if it's not the right place, but I haven't the right to post anywhere for the moment ;)

I searched a lot, but I'm tired because I can't find an answer :

I have a dedicated server under Linux, it's working very fine, but always monocore, the processor is an I3, 4 Threads. When I put -cpucount=2, it change nothing at all, one core is used, and not the other one. SO this command is working under LInux, or not ? And if it's working, how can we activate it ?

Thanks and sorruy for my very bad english !

SO this command is working under LInux, or not?
No, that parameter does not work in Linux. Not yet. However a BIS developer has noted that they are working on "a fix" for that.

From the "Linux Arma Server" Skype chat, on May 15, 2014:

[2014-05-15 11:02:54] omartinak: btw i have confirmed that linux DS runs basically only on one CPU core and i'm working on a fix for this - it should give us more performance (fingers crossed :))
Edited by Killswitch

Thanks for the answer, I wait this fix ;) I understand now why the number of linux DS is so low on the browser ;)

Sorry for double posting...

Another question, because the answers on internet are not very easy to understand. When I make a Zeus mission for my team, the IA are overskilled (my mates are killed on one shot), so I want to reduce skill of the IA. I want to create a profile for this. Problem, under Linux, the parameter -profiles doesn't work...So how can we reduce difficulty ?

And what the difference between -name, and -profiles ? I can't find an easy answer ?

Thwx for the answers :)

hitman posted this info... helped me too:

The Arma3Profile is looked for in ~/.local/share/Arma 3 - Other Profiles/Player/

Folders are not created if (part of) the path is missing, that's probably why your profile files are not created.

The -name= command line parameter is read, so that will change the name of the last folder in the path, but the -profiles= seems to be ignored.

Arma3.cfg is read from ~/.local/share/Arma 3/

really hate that there are spaces in those defautl folders for linux. Its all MS and windows fault.

Edited by mike187

Any news about new linux server binary?

DEV branch of new dedicated server is available per request on my Skype ;) (Linux Skype channel) or IRC via PM (if I'm around)

new DEV branch linux ready with Jemalloc allocator, not used mallinfo and several optimizations, our internal testing shows noticeable performance increase

... similar STABLE build is expected next week

atm the linux uses Jemalloc because there were problems with TBB allocator vs allocations before the allocator interface triggers

ofc we want the linux community to be able swap allocators as they please so it's sync with windows feature-set

just for now some issues happen (due to some allocations) before the interface for the allocator loads the TBB allocator

experimental PERFormance build of 1.20 with hardlinkdd Jemalloc https://www.dropbox.com/sh/582opsto4mmr8d8/3BSy9PdRGm

120stable_jemalloc_arma3server.tar.gz

compatible with stable clients ofcourse

We could only do a relatively short test of ~30 minutes, but we had steady 48-50 fps on maps that would only yield 6 fps on previous linux versions, all maps tested working fine as well. Linux server is performing quite well now!

So happy to read this ! the new version supports multi core, with cpucount= ?

Hi,

thank's for the linux's arma 3 server, i use it on my debian but i got some probleme to run in deamon.

When i start my script in /home/steam/games/arma3 => it's work !

No product.bin found, using defaults for a core engine.
Cannot open steam_appid.txt file.
Will use default ARMA3 steam app id (107410)
Unable to locate a running instance of Steam. Restarting...
../lib/Network/networkServer.cpp ClearNetServer:NOT IMPLEMENTED - briefing!
Unable to locate a running instance of Steam
Running Steam on debian 7 64-bit
STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
Unpack runtime failed, error code 1
Error:
Couldn't set up the Steam Runtime. Are you running low on disk space?
Continuing...
Couldn't start bootstrap and couldn't reinstall from /usr/lib/steam/bootstraplin                                                                                                                                                             ux_ubuntu12_32.tar.xz.  Please contact technical support.

It's seem steam don't find certain files but i don't know how modify my script to say steam "Hey ! The files you need are HERE".

Yeah, i know i can use screen for launch my server and logout putty, but i want launch the server in deamon for can stop / start him from a web page with php SSH_lib.

I've search since two day, try different way but none of them work .. Please help me, how launching this on deamon ? Anyone have already do it ?

Thank before :x

I run a server under Linux, I'm trying to make the "task force radio" addon working but I'm stuck with an error "no radio deployed on this server". I would like to check logs to see what's it going on but I can't find them.

I read on this thread other people looking for the logs but no answers... so is there really a way to have logs on a linux server ???

Thank you

I run a server under Linux, I'm trying to make the "task force radio" addon working but I'm stuck with an error "no radio deployed on this server". I would like to check logs to see what's it going on but I can't find them.

I read on this thread other people looking for the logs but no answers... so is there really a way to have logs on a linux server ???

Thank you

if your start file points to a log file yes

ie:

#!/bin/bash
# Wrapper file to start the A3 server

# Network settings used in -cfg param
networkConfig="network.cfg"

# Server configuration settings used in -config param
serverConfig="server.cfg"

# Server profile and difficulty settings used in -name param
profileName="server"

# Server-side mods
mods=

# Stop old server
./stop

# Start server
echo "Starting server..."
nohup ./arma3server -cfg="/$networkConfig" -config="$serverConfig" -name="$profileName" -mod="$mods" -port=2302 -maxMem=2047 -exThreds=3 -noSound > [color="#FF0000"]arma3.log[/color] 2>&1&
echo $! > .pid

and you have a file it is pointing too.

let me know if this helps?

let me know if this helps?

Thanks for your reply. I just tried that, It seems that I get nothing more than what I can read on my SSH terminal :(

Thanks for your reply. I just tried that, It seems that I get nothing more than what I can read on my SSH terminal :(

I get full reports in filezilla ... im not sure how you have your server configured...

I use putty and filezilla..

if you need I can post a pic up some were to how and what my server settings look like (files and what not).

I was wrong, your method provide more detailed logs than what I can see on putty.

I've finally found that the addon directories were owned by a different user, I changed for the user that run arma3server and the mod worked immediately. (though I m not sure of this, I tried so more things...)

Now I will try the last performance build :bounce3: