dazhbog

Linux Dedicated Server feedback

Hi ! First of all thanks for this awsome tool

Here is my problem, i' m on a dedicated server with ubuntu 13.10 32 bit and using wine to run arma3server and TADST.

When i push the launch button the arma3server go online but every time me or one of my friend try to join the server we are kicked within a few seconds.

I ve tried it from my personnal computer wich is on windows Os and it worked fine, we were not kicked.

Does someone know how to fix this ???

A big thanks to the community, excuse my english i m from france !

use the native linux server binary...

yes, you do not use wine to run the Linux server. you might run the windows server with wine, but not the Linux server.

Hi ! First of all thanks for this awsome tool

Here is my problem, i' m on a dedicated server with ubuntu 13.10 32 bit and using wine to run arma3server and TADST.

When i push the launch button the arma3server go online but every time me or one of my friend try to join the server we are kicked within a few seconds.

I ve tried it from my personnal computer wich is on windows Os and it worked fine, we were not kicked.

Does someone know how to fix this ???

A big thanks to the community, excuse my english i m from france !

Maybe you have to launch steam and run your wine a3server > go ofline > then go online on your local client to play

Does anyone know how you can configure your server in ubuntu ?

I have got the server running now and have put all the info needed from this tutorial http://erictgrubaugh.com/play/games/arma/installation-and-configuration-of-an-arma-3-linux-dedicated-server/ in the server.cfg file however when i launch the arma3server from the install it still gets the default settings.

Do i have to use the start.sh to launch the server? because that one doesn't launch the server.

My server now only be found in remote address.

I am the only one?

Your server is not the one than must be searched by remote, only one of our servers appear, the others must be searched by IP and PORT (|R|Karl)

Does anyone know how you can configure your server in ubuntu ?

I have got the server running now and have put all the info needed from this tutorial http://erictgrubaugh.com/play/games/arma/installation-and-configuration-of-an-arma-3-linux-dedicated-server/ in the server.cfg file however when i launch the arma3server from the install it still gets the default settings.

Do i have to use the start.sh to launch the server? because that one doesn't launch the server.

I quickly made a script for starting the server, which also creates a log file with the server output.

#!/bin/bash
# by lukrop

# niceness (priority) of the server use 0, -10 or -15 if you have problems starting the server
# this depends on how much rights your user has on the system see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nice_%28Unix%29
NICENESS=-19
# name of the server config file
CONFIG=server.cfg
# count of CPU cores this machine has
CPUCOUNT=4
# maximum memory to use between 256 and 2047
MAXMEM=2047
# relative path to the directory containing your mods
MDIR=mods
# mods you'd like to load
MODS="$MDIR/@modA;\
$MDIR/@modB;\
$MDIR/@modC;\
$MDIR/@modD;"

DATE=`date +%d%m%Y-%H%M`
# log the command line parameters
echo "nice -n $NICENCESS ./arma3server -cpucount=$CPUCOUNT -maxmem=$MAXMEM -config=$CONFIG -mod=$MODS\n" > log-$DATE.rpt

nice -n $NICENESS ./arma3server -cpucount=$CPUCOUNT -maxmem=$MAXMEM -config=$CONFIG -mod=$MODS 2> >(tee -a log-$DATE.rpt >&2)

Create a file in the root directory of the dedicated server with the above content. Call it startserver.sh for example and change it's permissions to be executable:

chmod +x startserver.sh

You might want to start the whole thing inside a screen session:

screen ./startserver

That looks very similar to our start script. It's working very well for us:

# Wrapper file to start the Black sh33p COOP server

# Server installation path
serverDir="/our/server/install/path"

# Network settings used in -cfg param
networkConfig="$serverDir/serverconfig/sh33p-network.cfg"

# Server configuration settings used in -config param
serverConfig="$serverDir/serverconfig/sh33p-server.cfg"

# File where output is redirected (secondary log file)
redirectPath="$serverDir/serverconfig/sh33p.log"

# Server profile and difficulty settings used in -name param
profileName="private"

# Server-side mods
#mods=""
mods="mods/@cba_a3;mods/@task_force_radio;mods/@rh_m4;mods/@a3mp;mods/@nato;"

# Start server
nohup ./arma3server -cfg="$networkConfig" -config="$serverConfig" -name="$profileName" -mod="$mods" -world=empty -BEpath="$serverDir/battleye" -port=2302 -maxMem=2047 -exThreads=7 -cpuCount=8 -noSound > "$redirectPath" 2>&1 &

Thanks for the Linux server!!!!!! Yes it was a beeyootch to get it working, first on Debian...then CentOS, now Ubuntu ughhh..why is steam and ubuntu bestest friends?

Hope to help test this and improve for all!! 2x 2.5ghz xeon quad core 16gb ram 120gb ssd 1gbps port :yay::o

So any news on performance fixes?

Just installed the latest version on a very fast server - well got 35 fps. This should be fixed asap please!

Hi,

Yesterday, i have tried to install arma3 linux server with the steam command line.

When i start it seems to work despite i have an error with steam maybe because i have a debian squeeze :

AppId parsing successful. Using appId=******
Updating base class ->Base, by a3\dubbing_radio_f\config.bin/CfgHQIdentities/PAPA_BEAR/
Updating base class ->Base, by a3\dubbing_radio_f\config.bin/CfgHQIdentities/AirBase/
Updating base class thingX->FloatingStructure_F, by a3\structures_f_epb\civ\camping\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Camping_Light_F/
Updating base class ->VScrollbar, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayDebug/Controls/G_Expression/VScrollbar/
Updating base class ->HScrollbar, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayDebug/Controls/G_Expression/HScrollbar/
Updating base class ->RscText, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayCapture/controls/TimeLines/
Updating base class RscControlsGroup->RscControlsGroupNoScrollbars, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/ModIcons/
Updating base class RscPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/IconPicture/
Updating base class RscListBox->RscCombo, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayCustomizeController/Steepness/
Updating base class ->RscStandardDisplay, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayControlSchemes/
Updating base class ButtonOK->RscButtonMenuCancel, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayControlSchemes/controls/ButtonCancel/
Updating base class RscButton->RscButtonMenuOK, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayControlSchemes/controls/ButtonOK/
Updating base class RscPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayFileSelectImage/controls/OverviewPicture/
Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscButtonMenuCancel, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayFieldManual/controls/ButtonCancel/
Updating base class RscButton->RscButtonMenuCancel, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayPublishMission/controls/ButtonCancel/
Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscButtonMenuOK, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayPublishMissionSelectTags/controls/ButtonOK/
Updating base class ButtonOK->RscButtonMenuCancel, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayPublishMissionSelectTags/controls/ButtonCancel/
Updating base class ->RscSubmenu, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscMainMenu/
Cannot update non class from class a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscCallSupport/Items/
Cannot update non class from class a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscRadio/Items/
ragdollHitDmgLimit (0.000000) is lower than minimum (0.010000) and it was set to min.
Initializing Steam Manager
unable to load subscribed content list. list will be updated from steam
unable to load published content list. list will be updated from steam
unable to load cached items meta info. save and update functionality will be broken
Steam Manager initialized.
17:19:32 Dedicated host created.
PhysX3 SDK Init started ...
PhysX3 SDK Init ended.
17:19:40 Host identity created.
[s_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = ******
Arma 3 Console version 1.10 : port 2302
17:20:03 Max uses modified data file
17:20:03 Player Max connecting.
Unsupported language English in stringtable
17:20:03 Mission CO22_GITS_Evolution_v2.9a read from bank.
Server error: Player without identity Max (id *********)
17:20:11 Player Max connected (id=************************).
17:20:17 Roles assigned.
17:20:20 Reading mission ...
Can't find real path "a3\map_stratis\data\roads\roads.shp": "No such file or directory"

Then I try to connect, i arrive on the mission screen where i can choose my character, so all seem to work but when i try to download or load the mission, it starts to download but it freeze at 5 ko and nothing happen then...

At this moment i have searched for information about "Can't find real path "a3\map_stratis\data\roads\roads.shp""

and i'm arrive on this topic.

I have try to create a symbolic link like this :

ln -s /home/steam/arma3server/mpmissions /home/steam/arma3server/MPMissions

ln -s /home/steam/arma3server/keys /home/steam/arma3server/Keys

Respected recommandations : for older version of arma3 linux server : forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169926-Linux-Dedicated-Server-feedback&p=2593954&viewfull=1#post2593954

Nothing changed always the same error, so i have decided to try an strace :

getcwd("/home/stm/arma3server", 4096)   = 22
lstat64("/home/stm/arma3server/a3\\map_stratis\\data\\roads\\roads.shp", 0xbf9e39ec) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
write(2, "Can't find real path \"a3\\map_str"..., 88) = 88
write(2, "\n", 1)                       = 1

I have to use Wine on a debian or there is a possibility to resolve this problem ?

Thanks for help.

I cannot find any *.rpt files in my linux system, how can I tell my server to create logs? Thanks for any advice.

Hi,

Yesterday, i have tried to install arma3 linux server with the steam command line.

When i start it seems to work despite i have an error with steam maybe because i have a debian squeeze :

AppId parsing successful. Using appId=******
Updating base class ->Base, by a3\dubbing_radio_f\config.bin/CfgHQIdentities/PAPA_BEAR/
Updating base class ->Base, by a3\dubbing_radio_f\config.bin/CfgHQIdentities/AirBase/
Updating base class thingX->FloatingStructure_F, by a3\structures_f_epb\civ\camping\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Camping_Light_F/
Updating base class ->VScrollbar, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayDebug/Controls/G_Expression/VScrollbar/
Updating base class ->HScrollbar, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayDebug/Controls/G_Expression/HScrollbar/
Updating base class ->RscText, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayCapture/controls/TimeLines/
Updating base class RscControlsGroup->RscControlsGroupNoScrollbars, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/ModIcons/
Updating base class RscPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/IconPicture/
Updating base class RscListBox->RscCombo, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayCustomizeController/Steepness/
Updating base class ->RscStandardDisplay, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayControlSchemes/
Updating base class ButtonOK->RscButtonMenuCancel, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayControlSchemes/controls/ButtonCancel/
Updating base class RscButton->RscButtonMenuOK, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayControlSchemes/controls/ButtonOK/
Updating base class RscPicture->RscPictureKeepAspect, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayFileSelectImage/controls/OverviewPicture/
Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscButtonMenuCancel, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayFieldManual/controls/ButtonCancel/
Updating base class RscButton->RscButtonMenuCancel, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayPublishMission/controls/ButtonCancel/
Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscButtonMenuOK, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayPublishMissionSelectTags/controls/ButtonOK/
Updating base class ButtonOK->RscButtonMenuCancel, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscDisplayPublishMissionSelectTags/controls/ButtonCancel/
Updating base class ->RscSubmenu, by a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscMainMenu/
Cannot update non class from class a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscCallSupport/Items/
Cannot update non class from class a3\ui_f\config.bin/RscRadio/Items/
ragdollHitDmgLimit (0.000000) is lower than minimum (0.010000) and it was set to min.
Initializing Steam Manager
unable to load subscribed content list. list will be updated from steam
unable to load published content list. list will be updated from steam
unable to load cached items meta info. save and update functionality will be broken
Steam Manager initialized.
17:19:32 Dedicated host created.
PhysX3 SDK Init started ...
PhysX3 SDK Init ended.
17:19:40 Host identity created.
[s_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = ******
Arma 3 Console version 1.10 : port 2302
17:20:03 Max uses modified data file
17:20:03 Player Max connecting.
17:20:03 Mission CO22_GITS_Evolution_v2.9a read from bank.
17:20:11 Player Max connected (id=************************).
17:20:17 Roles assigned.
17:20:20 Reading mission ...
Can't find real path "a3\map_stratis\data\roads\roads.shp": "No such file or directory"

Then I try to connect, i arrive on the mission screen where i can choose my character, so all seem to work but when i try to download or load the mission, it starts to download but it freeze at 5 ko and nothing happen then...

At this moment i have searched for information about "Can't find real path "a3\map_stratis\data\roads\roads.shp""

and i'm arrive on this topic.

I have try to create a symbolic link like this :

ln -s /home/steam/arma3server/mpmissions /home/steam/arma3server/MPMissions

ln -s /home/steam/arma3server/keys /home/steam/arma3server/Keys

Respected recommandations : for older version of arma3 linux server : forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169926-Linux-Dedicated-Server-feedback&p=2593954&viewfull=1#post2593954

Nothing changed always the same error, so i have decided to try an strace :

getcwd("/home/stm/arma3server", 4096)   = 22
lstat64("/home/stm/arma3server/a3\\map_stratis\\data\\roads\\roads.shp", 0xbf9e39ec) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
write(2, "Can't find real path \"a3\\map_str"..., 88) = 88
write(2, "\n", 1)                       = 1

I have to use Wine on a debian or there is a possibility to resolve this problem ?

Thanks for help.

debian testing here, same problem=> segfault.

strace show same call (roads.shp)

with vanilla mission, it run , but veryyy baddly. it crawl to 5 fps every 4 second , or so .

debian testing here, same problem=> segfault.

strace show same call (roads.shp)

with vanilla mission, it run , but veryyy baddly. it crawl to 5 fps every 4 second , or so .

Thank you for your reply, i will try to test vanilla mission.

I am surprised that none of the developers of interactive bohemia did not answer.

hello,

I made a mission on Altis (no mods - no scripts) with a man only: server fps 5

:)

ps: happily running linux Arma2 server on the same machine

Edited by peppe

I'm having some wierd problems regarding signed keys ACRE and CBA_A3 (Cannot connect to the server, error beeing keys not matching). Can someone help me in private with this? If so, please send me a PM or ask me here for more information :)

I've tried multiple sources of ACRE and CBA, and made sure I use the correct bikeys and bisigns keys, but the server does not hesitate to kick me.

Edit: I've now tried to launch and connect with only CBA, CBA and Alive and CBA, Alive and JayArma3/2lib and those work perfectly, however as soon as i add Acre I get kicked because of bad keys.

Edited by Sp0nk

After updating to v1.12, the performance issue is still present. 5-6 fps for the server on a map that will yield 50 fps on the windows server via wine.

Until this performance issue is fixed, I can't run (and test) the server with more players, since this low fps really affects the game play.

hello,

I made a mission on Altis (no mods - no scripts) with a man only: server fps 5

:)

ps: happily running linux Arma2 server on the same machine

Hey, 5 fps is a little bit too extreme, can you send me the mission so I can check?

---------- Post added at 09:53 ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 ----------

After updating to v1.12, the performance issue is still present. 5-6 fps for the server on a map that will yield 50 fps on the windows server via wine.

Until this performance issue is fixed, I can't run (and test) the server with more players, since this low fps really affects the game play.

Can you give me more details? What map? What mission? What does it contain? How many players? Ideally, can you send me the mission?

Can you give me more details? What map? What mission? What does it contain? How many players? Ideally, can you send me the mission?
Please check your PM for a link to the mission. It's on Altis, though it doesn't seem to make a difference which island is selected. It's a CTF map, no AI.

Even with just one player these 5-6fps can be observed on the linux server.

Please check your PM for a link to the mission. It's on Altis, though it doesn't seem to make a difference which island is selected. It's a CTF map, no AI.

Even with just one player these 5-6fps can be observed on the linux server.

Thanks. Btw do you think it can be connected to this? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?174250-FPS-drop-with-Patch

I wonder if anyone ever achieved to maintain ~50FPS on the linux dedicated server package (stock missions, escape stratis/altis etc) if yes, pls post used hw.