dazhbog

Linux Dedicated Server feedback

those fixes are great, but if the performance is not addressed it will still not be usable. :(

first the functionality then it can get the PERF stuff (note: in 1.10 it will be all used now in 1.08 PERF and 1.09 DEV)

first the functionality then it can get the PERF stuff (note: in 1.10 it will be all used now in 1.08 PERF and 1.09 DEV)

Just ran the new server. No noticable performance gains. Verify signatures is working now. I'll report back when I have more time to test.

No noticable performance gains.

Yes, the testing binary doesn't contain any. As Dwarden said, the 1.10 binary that will be released next week will contain all the optimizations we have done lately but no linux specific optimizations yet. These will be addressed in the coming weeks.

Yes, the testing binary doesn't contain any. As Dwarden said, the 1.10 binary that will be released next week will contain all the optimizations we have done lately but no linux specific optimizations yet. These will be addressed in the coming weeks.

Excellent, keep up the good work. Our group looks forward to these updates!

I read through this thread, however, it was not obvious. Is the java dependent removed in 1.10?

Thanks,

Mike

I read through this thread, however, it was not obvious. Is the java dependent removed in 1.10?

Thanks,

Mike

Well.. The "dependency" has been removed. It seems they linked it in statically.

Here's the list of fixes for 1.10:

Case sensitivness

• mpmissions and keys directories made lowercase

Signatures

• both verifySignatures=1 and verifySignatures=2 should work properly now

Java dependency

• completely removed (not even statically linked)

Curl update

• the curl library has been updated to version 7.34.0 as it contains new security fixes

When will 1.10 show up on Steam? This is from a recent (today) SteamCMD session:

Steam>app_update 233780
Success! App '233780' already up to date.

Steam>app_update 233780 -beta
Success! App '233780' already up to date.

The server files are still at 1.08 after this.

mine updated to 1.10 using steamcmd

./steamcmd.sh +login (name) (pw) +force_install_dir (dir) +app_update 233780 validate

Removed arma3 folder entirely. SteamCMD still said "Success! App '233780' already up to date". Wiped the whole thing and reinstalled. It's at 1.10 now... :shrug:

Edited by Killswitch

Here's the list of fixes for 1.10:

Case sensitivness

• mpmissions and keys directories made lowercase

Signatures

• both verifySignatures=1 and verifySignatures=2 should work properly now

Java dependency

• completely removed (not even statically linked)

Curl update

• the curl library has been updated to version 7.34.0 as it contains new security fixes

Awesome!

To confirm, I just spun up a clean VM of 64bit ubuntu 12.04 LTS and confirmed I do not need java.

It was complaining about a missing library. Once I installed lib32stdc++6 the server starts right up. I will be playing with the server a bit later on today to see how performance is.

Thanks!

Mike

Is there a parameter that needs to be set within the server.cfg to allow squad urls? I verified my squad URL works on other servers, however, my ubuntu server is not displaying my tags or image.

Is there a parameter that needs to be set within the server.cfg to allow squad urls? I verified my squad URL works on other servers, however, my ubuntu server is not displaying my tags or image.

I don't think so. Our squad URL tags and player info are showing up just fine. Haven't noticed vehicle images working or not; I can verify shortly. At any rate, we did not do anything special to allow squad URL info.

As described in the latest SPOTREP more optimizations were enabled in the linux DS which should get rid of the performance and loading time issues (it should be comparable with the windows server now). Please update from Steam, test and report :).

Steam>app_update 233780

ERROR! Failed to install app '233780' (No subscription)

What should i do?

don't use anonymous steamcmd account, create a new account, retry update.

---------- Post added at 17:06 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

As described in the latest SPOTREP more optimizations were enabled in the linux DS which should get rid of the performance and loading time issues (it should be comparable with the windows server now). Please update from Steam, test and report :).

performance is quiet better, but far away from windows. same machines windows host constantly 50fps; linux 30-35fps (but better as before with 10-25fps).

yxman you talk about the linux binary from todays hotfix ?

Here i have the same results as YXman.

Linux server with hotfix from today 30-35 fps.

Windows Server running with wine 50 fps.

Same configuration and same mission (Patrol Ops 3).

FPS before hotfix was around 10-15, loading time on Linux is much faster now.

Edited by Logo

@dwarden yes, used bohemia missions for verify and patrol ops3. i could confirm the faster loading time @mission change

For poeple still getting this error (i did with debian 6 - 64bits) :

/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found

Just go to "steamcmd/linux32"

Copy all *.so and *.so.6 files and paste them on "Arma3" installation folder.

Why idle server eats so much CPU?

PID USER PR NI VIRT RES SHR S %CPU %MEM TIME+ COMMAND

21967 root 20 0 1289m 1.2g 21m S 22.9 7.6 1481:24 arma3server

There is no one on server and nothing is happening.

Hello, linux server running on a 32bit patform. I tried the 64bit but some problem about selinux > "execheat" warnings.

32 run fine on default maps. I notice a strage use of CPU, 4 core but only one work at one time.

Thank for your job. My server is at your disposal.

Peppe

Hi ! First of all thanks for this awsome tool

Here is my problem, i' m on a dedicated server with ubuntu 13.10 32 bit and using wine to run arma3server and TADST.

When i push the launch button the arma3server go online but every time me or one of my friend try to join the server we are kicked within a few seconds.

I ve tried it from my personnal computer wich is on windows Os and it worked fine, we were not kicked.

Does someone know how to fix this ???

A big thanks to the community, excuse my english i m from france !

Hello. I have installed Arma 3 dedicated server in a Ubuntu environment. I have tested it by playing on it and everything seems fine.

However I can't seem to find any config files. Can anyone tell me where they are please? I want to make my mission auto start.

Also, is there a list anywhere that shows all of the Linux commands for Arma 3 and explains what they do?

Thanks,

Chris