dazhbog

Linux Dedicated Server feedback

If you want to download linux from win you can use "@sSteamCmdForcePlatformType linux" in steamcmd on win

Thx for all the help guys. I guess if one does not pay attention to the SITREP/SPOTREP stuff gets missed. it would be nice to have all the info in the release thread as well. ;)

seeing the performance and other issues, and never having worked with WINE before, can I run windows games with WINE all on command line? or does one have to use X?

this would be until Linux server issues are worked out - I much prefer to use Linux.

can somebody post the startup script that works?

Edited by hlfritz
another question!

Anybody else got low Server FPS with the *nix binary, same systems, same mission file:

Windows Host 50FPS, Linux Host 15-28FPS.

Anybody else got low Server FPS with the *nix binary, same systems, same mission file:

Windows Host 50FPS, Linux Host 15-28FPS.

yes, DaOrange has already so stated and a developer said they will look into it.

I have openjdk 7 32-bit installed, but when I try to link the library it says:

/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-i386/jre/lib/i386/jamvm: Is a directory

It is not letting me link the libraries am I doing something wrong?

I might be getting close. :)

now getting this error:

/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found

it looks like the standard centos 6 install comes with gcc-4.4.7-4 and strings output is up to GLIBCXX_3.4.13 only.

it seems this glibcxx_3.4.15 is a common problem around and about the various Linux distributions and apps that are compiled with some seemingly odd and not mainstream stuff installed.

Hi I have this problem when I run the server manually from my root everything works perfectly, but if you start the server from my Tcadmin panel shows this error

LD_LIBRARY_PATH = $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH :/ usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/amd64/jamvm ./arma3server-netlog-config = basic.cfg

Result:

./arma3server: error while loading shared libraries: libjvm.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Someone can tell me how to fix it?

xml can spend tcadmin panel if it created an

@zona-gamer - read post 4 in this very same thread and the next few after that.

Hi,

i've arma 3 installed under wine (only using server.exe) and now also installed the dedicated linux server.

I have several issues. I'm using the same missions and configs on windows and linux server. On windows server everything is working fine.

1) clients were kicked because BattlEye

I disabled it on linux server.

2) clients where kicked because wrong keys or may be mods

I used verifySignatures = 2; on windows and linux. On windows everything working, on linux the clients were kicked.

I've set verifySignatures = 0; on linux. The clients won't kicked anymore

3) clients crashed

I've started the "Enemy assault Co-36" mission from GHOST. The clients will connect, the loading bar for altis will go to 100% then nothing happens anymore.

Evrything will hang. The only way to end this is to kill the arma3.exe on taskmanager. Than i've killed the server task on linux.

If i will take a look into the logfile it seems that the server is on state "reading mission"

19:58:12 Roles assigned.

19:58:12 Reading mission .

and a view into the net.log seems that the server will end while reading the mission file

158.208: Ch(5):st(BW:235,330,223,330,0,0,2,G:3,4/0,0,0.19,5/0,0,0.17,4,0,Q:0/0/0,R459.63-459.86,0-0,148-151)

158.625: Ch(4):st(BW:231,323,5,323,0,0,1,G:3,4/0,0,0.60,5/0,0,0.56,3,0,Q:0/0/0,R512.59-512.59,0-0,199-201)

159.265: Ch(4):sInst(3.99,3.96,1.24,0.00,0)

159.303: Ch(4):uRTT(37.53,2,202,37567,15,37.55)

159.452: Ch(5):sInst(4.01,3.99,1.43,0.00,0)

159.472: Ch(5):uRTT(19.93,

but, we have wait long time on loading screen before we killed the tasks. May be the server needs very long time to load the mission file?

The same missions and configurations on windows server will run without any issues.

Hi I have this problem when I run the server manually from my root everything works perfectly, but if you start the server from my Tcadmin panel shows this error

LD_LIBRARY_PATH = $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH :/ usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/amd64/jamvm ./arma3server-netlog-config = basic.cfg

Result:

./arma3server: error while loading shared libraries: libjvm.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64

Someone can tell me how to fix it?

xml can spend tcadmin panel if it created an

Hi,

you need to remove openjdk7 64bit! On Debian you must install # apt-get install openjdk-7-jre:i386 cause Arma3 is an 32bit Version;-)

---------- Post added at 17:35 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

Hi,

i've arma 3 installed under wine (only using server.exe) and now also installed the dedicated linux server.

I have several issues. I'm using the same missions and configs on windows and linux server. On windows server everything is working fine.

1) clients were kicked because BattlEye

I disabled it on linux server.

2) clients where kicked because wrong keys or may be mods

I used verifySignatures = 2; on windows and linux. On windows everything working, on linux the clients were kicked.

I've set verifySignatures = 0; on linux. The clients won't kicked anymore

3) clients crashed

I've started the "Enemy assault Co-36" mission from GHOST. The clients will connect, the loading bar for altis will go to 100% then nothing happens anymore.

Evrything will hang. The only way to end this is to kill the arma3.exe on taskmanager. Than i've killed the server task on linux.

If i will take a look into the logfile it seems that the server is on state "reading mission"

and a view into the net.log seems that the server will end while reading the mission file

but, we have wait long time on loading screen before we killed the tasks. May be the server needs very long time to load the mission file?

The same missions and configurations on windows server will run without any issues.

Hi,

I have the same problem. With app_update 233780 I get a wrong Version. The Files in Addons and Dta are differend to the Windows version. I tried to use app_update 233780 -beta, but this is a small version and it's different to the Windows version too.

Is someone here who knows the right steam arma3 branch? Or which windows steam branch I need for this linux-version?

Edited by Pillord

that's very strange

Arma 3 server package for Windows and Linux shall have same data

only the binaries shall differ

btw. do NOT compare it with Windows client, that's completely different data ...

that's very strange

Arma 3 server package for Windows and Linux shall have same data

only the binaries shall differ

btw. do NOT compare it with Windows client, that's completely different data ...

Thx for your information.

I tried to use the a3.bikey from windows server, but the same thing. Allways signature erros while connecting if verifySignatures set to 2.

Solved my server arma3 works all right with a script created to panel games Tcadmin. everything works pefect

you need to remove openjdk7 64bit! On Debian you must install # apt-get install openjdk-7-jre:i386 cause Arma3 is an 32bit Version;-)

From which source ? When i try to install it, it say it is impossible to find the package with this name !!

So i have install JAVA7 manually and now

I have the same error

(debian 6)

I might be getting close. :)

now getting this error:

it looks like the standard centos 6 install comes with gcc-4.4.7-4 and strings output is up to GLIBCXX_3.4.13 only.

it seems this glibcxx_3.4.15 is a common problem around and about the various Linux distributions and apps that are compiled with some seemingly odd and not mainstream stuff installed.

1. OK, I tried Fedora 19 and things just run after installing java-1.7.0 and setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.60-2.4.3.0.fc19.i386/jre/lib/i386/server.

2. Now, like others, I see the server just sitting at idle and using 98-99% of CPU. currently this is probably not that useable.

3. Also, due to the libstdc++ 3.4.15 error above it seems apparent that this was compiled on a Linux that uses much newer libraries, etc. than are present in the stable, long term Linux releases. That is going to leave a lot of people out in the cold when it comes to Linux server and installing it into an existing **server** (existing servers are usually long term stable releases that can be depended upon for long term support and stability for server applications). this should be made apparent in the release notes or changed.

for now I can say that Fedora 19 minimal install works after adding java-1.7.0. my guess is the latest Ubuntu will do the same.

4. also, as alluded to previously why in Linux the dependency on javaVM? windows does not seem to need this?

5. also the executable size between windows and Linux are very different. windows is about 17MB and Linux is about 30MB. what gives? :) (the a2oa dedicated linux server is about 15MB for reference)

Edited by hlfritz
couple more points of interest

My servers run linux centos perfect through June 64 bit, with the installation of 32 bit java 1.7 package with rpm, creating a script that does not read this file arma3server

What you have to do is create a start.sh script with these lines:

# / bin / bash

LD_LIBRARY_PATH = $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH :/ usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.9/jre/lib/i386/server ./arma3server $ *

Set to run start.sh tcadmin instead of arma3server

yes, I had done that already. I actually used the a2oa startup script and adapted it. but I put the LD_LIBRARY_PATH in my profile which is probably the more correct thing to do.

with centos 6.4 with all updates the libstdc++ version was 3.13 and below. no 3.15. too much monkeying around to recompile it since I am using a VM - I just installed fedora and everything works as I noted.

Hi all, strange.

May be its possible for someone with working server to make a small tutorial how to install and start the server?

Beginning with install of steamcmd, java, arma server (confused about app id) and ending with the start script?

With this we can exclude some installation errors.

I'm new to linux and i cannot exclude that i've done something wrong on install.

This would be really great.

By the way i'm using ubuntu server.

Thx forward

Hi all, strange.

May be its possible for someone with working server to make a small tutorial how to install and start the server?

Beginning with install of steamcmd, java, arma server (confused about app id) and ending with the start script?

With this we can exclude some installation errors.

I'm new to linux and i cannot exclude that i've done something wrong on install.

This would be really great.

By the way i'm using ubuntu server.

Thx forward

I would apreciate this as well as gagagu. :) I already installed the server twice, and everytime the mapload was not possible

Im using a CentOS server, so Im trying to keep this howto as generic as possible:

1. download and install openjdk 1.7 32 Bit version (the one with i386 or i686 in the name, not the one with amd64 or x86_64 in its name). There may be dependencies which need to be taken care of.

2. extend your LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable with the path to libjvm.so (use find / -name "libjvm.so") by typing

--> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-openjdk-1.7.0.45/jre/lib/i386/server/ (path should work for CentOS 6.5, but is probably different on other distros)

--> either add that to your ~/.bashrc or to the start script

3. create the directory you want steamcd install to and change to it

4. use steamcmd to install the A3 linux server package, use that script: http://pastebin.com/hcpMpmaZ

This script will install the steamcmd utility and download (and later update) your desired server apps automatically almost w/o interaction.

5. copy that script to the folder you created before (in my case /arma3/steamcmd)

6. edit the following parameters in the header of that script:

- STEAM_USER

- STEAM_PASS

- DL_DIR0

- DL_SV0

For STEAM_USER you cannot use the anonymous account, you either have to use your user or create a new steamuser just for that purpose.

STEAM_PASS is hopefully obvious.

DL_DIR0 needs to be relative path like DL_DIR0=../publicA3 (which in my case maps to /arma3/publicA3, dont use a trailing slash)

Set DL_SV0=233780

If you want to have more than one A3 server instance you can add several directories with DL_DIR1, DL_SV1 etc.

7. run this script, it will install steamcmd and the A3 linux server bins.

8. optional: set ownership and permissions of the A3 server folder according to the user you'll run the server with (if it's not the same during installation)

9. write server config (server.cfg)

10. download this script and edit the variables according to your settings.

11. sudo -u youra3serveruser publica3.sh start or just ./publica3.sh start

12. have phun :)

I've written this almost just out of memory, so I hope I got everything right :)

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

I would apreciate this as well as gagagu. :) I already installed the server twice, and everytime the mapload was not possible

Rename mission folder from mpmissions to MPMissions or create a symlink.

Our Debian 7 wheezy run with very high performance.

For us there are 2 things to fix now.

1. Signaturecheck verifySignatures = 2; in server.cfg don't work with clients and will be needed very quick.

2. Fix name MPMissions to mpmissions, cause tolower do problems now.

Nice work BIS guys!

Do you need the core files?

Where can we upload that files?

if you need a tutorial for centos linux 6.4 - 64 bit pidanlo that I have done, all the help is always easy, and we are to help each other