Sign in to follow this  
AveryTheKitty

Where can I get the tools?

Title says all. Can someone tell me how to get the tools?

Thanks.

In your Steam Library, change the category to Tools and Arma 3 Tools will be in the list; the suite is about a 213 MB download. Note that "Launch Game" will simply result in Addon Builder (the Arma 3 version of the prior BinPBO Personal Edition tool for packing mods), while right-clicking it will instead give the option to use Oxygen 2, the Arma modelling tool; you'll need to go into the mod tool suite folder (i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools) in order to run other included tools.

Also note that if you right-click Arma 3 Tools in your Steam "Tools" Library, go into its Properties, click the Betas tab, and choose the "licensed_data_packages - Huge Data Packages" option, it'll download 22 GB of licensed source data from the prior games usable for making licensed Arma 3 mods with; you can find them separately here instead.

Also note that if you right-click Arma 3 Tools in your Steam "Tools" Library, go into its Properties, click the Betas tab, and choose the "licensed_data_packages - Huge Data Packages" option, it'll download 22 GB of licensed source data from the prior games usable for making licensed Arma 3 mods with; you can find them separately here instead.

reference "licensed_data_packages - Huge Data Packages" every time I try for the data packages all I get is a 9mb update has any one else got the same problem or a solution

reference "licensed_data_packages - Huge Data Packages" every time I try for the data packages all I get is a 9mb update has any one else got the same problem or a solution

I get the same. Has anybody found a solution?

The above link is for the Arma 2 Tools, there are separate tools for Arma 3.

I heard that the tools works for Arma 3 too.

Maybe they have only a new Oxygen version.

The ArmA 3 tools (Minus Visitor and *possibly some others?) were released via Steam. The ArmA II tools are well known and definitely not what is being sought.

(Any ideas on why Steam won't download the 22GB of the Huge Data Package when you opt in to it?)

out to Chortles

did you manage to get the licensed_data_packages - "Huge Data Packages" option working in steam

The ArmA 3 tools (Minus Visitor and *possibly some others?) were released via Steam. The ArmA II tools are well known and definitely not what is being sought.

(Any ideas on why Steam won't download the 22GB of the Huge Data Package when you opt in to it?)

Oh sry I haven't seen that before.

And I have the same problem only a 9 mb update.

out to Chortles

did you manage to get the licensed_data_packages - "Huge Data Packages" option working in steam

I have not.

Hope this helps for future reference for anybody. That way people above don't have to keep telling everyone in long paragraphs

:D:D:D.