Sign in to follow this  
theevancat

TexView 2

Okay, so I've been having a few issues with TexView 2 in that it's not working at all. So first off, it wouldn't install to P:\ drive because it said that there was no space. I couldn't find it when trying to browse for it, and when I typed the directory in manually it told me what I said before. So I did end up installing it to the default directory it gave me ("C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\TexView 2") and that's where it is now.

So I can't actually get the .paa files to see TexView 2 as their default program. I've tried many times and whenever I navigate in setting the default files for .paa, I click on TexView 2 and confirm it. However, for some reason it doesn't work and ImageToPAA is selected as the default program (even when I click on TexView 2: I'm sure it's not me clicking on it by accident.)

My other thing is that TexView 2 can't open the files at all. Whenever I try to open a .paa, it just shows me this:

"Error loading file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\Addons\characters_f\BLUFOR\Data\clothing1_co.paa'."

There's no explanation given or anything. I'm new to this so I have no idea what's going on and why it's going on. I tried Googling and talking to someone about it, but nothing has really had the solutions I needed.

Bump. I have this exact same issue. TexView 2 said there was no room, I clicked "Yes" which allowed me to then specify a path on my D: drive.

I have also affiliated .paa files with TexView 2. I find that it can open *some* PAA files, but very few. Everything else it crashes with the above "Error loading file" error. In addition, it crashes whenever I go to File > Open and try to select any directory.

I can't decide if this is my system or if this is just a completely broken piece of software. I would like to be able to re-texture some of the original vehicles (offroad, quadbike, etc) but I cannot get Tex View 2 to open any of them.

my texview does the same thing so i just drag the file into texview and save it to textviews directory. I havent had much of an issue besides the crashing when choosing another directory to save/open.

Bump. I have this exact same issue. TexView 2 said there was no room, I clicked "Yes" which allowed me to then specify a path on my D: drive.

I have also affiliated .paa files with TexView 2. I find that it can open *some* PAA files, but very few. Everything else it crashes with the above "Error loading file" error. In addition, it crashes whenever I go to File > Open and try to select any directory.

I can't decide if this is my system or if this is just a completely broken piece of software. I would like to be able to re-texture some of the original vehicles (offroad, quadbike, etc) but I cannot get Tex View 2 to open any of them.

I have the same issue. I tried reinstalling, running with admin rights, dragging and dropping, etc. Opens very, very few .paa files. 98% of the time it just crashes whenever trying to open .paa files. :\

well so far if im working in my P: drive when i want to open a file i have TexView linked to PAA files and it shows up on my windows tool bar at the top and it opens them and then i can save them to the same folder i opened it from.