Sign in to follow this  
krazikilla

Weaponrest, get it in even if AI cant use it

Give us Weaponrest even AI cannot use it?  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Give us Weaponrest even AI cannot use it?

• Yay! AI weaponrest isnt THAT important for the beginning.
    • Nay! If AI cannot use it, it would suck.

As i heared from a trusted source, BIS is not implementing the weaponrest for now, because it is too complicated to make it work for AI.

With this Poll i want to show BIS, that we dont care and they should still get it in the game, even it doesnt work for AI at the beginning.

Even DayZ gets Bipods in, ofcourse they dont have to care about Zombie AI using it, but i think it would be a great improvment if we get it in, even AI cannot use it :D

lol, AI on max skill, can 1 bullet headshot you when you are running, from standing position at quite long disatnce, what weapon resting do they need anyway? To hit us from 10k distance? In tactical battlefield, weapon resting from TMR Modular Realism mod, works just as good as needed, where i can rest my weapon on obsticles, or use bipods.

I can't understand why BIS for years won't implement feature that was already implemented by community in several ways, including bipod animation. Just because AI can't use bipods and that would be kinda unfair? Ahem, in Arma 2 AI can perfectly see though grass, making playing on Chernarus almost impossible for newbies, and it seems that BI don't think that it's unfair or something. :D

As i heared from a trusted source, BIS is not implementing the weaponrest for now, because it is too complicated to make it work for AI.

Where did you here that the reason was ai? Because I kind of doubt it that is the only reason. By that logic they wouldn't have added the sub stances sytstem - ai can't use that either...

I can't understand why BIS for years won't implement feature that was already implemented by community in several ways, including bipod animation. Just because AI can't use bipods and that would be kinda unfair? Ahem, in Arma 2 AI can perfectly see though grass, making playing on Chernarus almost impossible for newbies, and it seems that BI don't think that it's unfair or something. :D

AI can't perfectly see through grass in the last version of ARMA2

Who the bloody fuck cares about AI, they are already super mega accurate, they don't need it anyway. If AI is what keeps them from implementing weapon resting and bipods, then they shouldn't care. As I said before, AI doesn't need it.

AI can't perfectly see through grass in the last version of ARMA2
I'm playing with lastest beta and ACE (without "AI grass block" module) and I didn't noticed much diffrence to be honest. AI still can see through tree crones and make one-shot kills from 100 meters while laying invisible in grass.

I'm playing with lastest beta and ACE (without "AI grass block" module) and I didn't noticed much diffrence to be honest. AI still can see through tree crones and make one-shot kills from 100 meters while laying invisible in grass.

Please try to stay on topic, this is about Arma3 not Arma2.

I know this has been said a bunch, but I totally agree that AI don't need weapon resting. I think it would be buggy and it wouldn't really be that necessary. I would improve a lot of other things with the AI before worrying about weapon resting for them.

Edited by GReeves

This poll makes no sense. Seems to me that both options are saying "no" to weapon resting...

Am I missing something guys?

Your brain?

For you and slow:

Give us weaponrest even AI cannot use it?

A: YES

B: NO

Haha, thought I had edited that fast enough that nobody would see it. I re-read it and realized my mistake :D

Your brain?

For you and slow:

Give us weaponrest even AI cannot use it?

A: YES

B: NO

To be fair: Pollanswers should never contain any arguments.

Haha, thought I had edited that fast enough that nobody would see it. I re-read it and realized my mistake :D

Hah- Was faster :P

Anyway, nice you got it. Now i just hope BIS gets it :D

AI dont need to use weapon resting on objects , just only when they go prone - it could be just auto weapon rest command like autorest=1;

when Dayz SA did it , why not for arma 3 which is obviously much more needed

Edited by RobertHammer

AI dont need to use weapon resting on objects , just only when they go prone - it could be just auto weapon rest command like autorest=1;

when Dayz SA did it , why not for arma 3 which is obviously much more needed

I agree but is there AI in DayZ that could use weapon resting? ;)

I don't understand why AI would need to be able to use weapon resting.

AI is acurate enough as it is, we players need this kind of gadgets specialy with those weird recoil patterns in A3

The response to bipods and weapon resting is a huge WANT from the community. Not sure why bis refuse to listen or acknowledge it. Would be a huge boon to game play. Ai use of it can come much later but at least let us humans

The response to bipods and weapon resting is a huge WANT from the community. Not sure why bis refuse to listen or acknowledge it.

wait wait. i think i know the answer. they haven't even finsihed the campaign yet. so not only do we have to wait for new episodes as if this was some bad version of a tv series but also is the game probably "suffering" from a feature lock (or what ever the term) due to the fact that new features might break the campaign and suck resources.

i already lost interest in the campaign over the wait for it to continue. i mean it was nice and better than arma 2 but not THAT good that it would justify eagerly waiting for it. the episode stuff is just a PR way of saying "oops not done yet" anyways. so despite being annoyed by the way the game was released (is still being...*sigh*) i would gladly trade teh campaign for features. but that is just my theory. might be also that they just stopped adding things...

Why would we even expect weapon resting for AI when they don't really shoot from cover well to begin with? I honestly doubt the real issue is that AI couldn't use it well (as I honestly don't even believe they've tried). I mean, vehicle doors function on some of these A3 vehicles and we can even get those.

so not only do we have to wait for new episodes as if this was some bad version of a tv series but also is the game probably "suffering" from a feature lock (or what ever the term) due to the fact that new features might break the campaign and suck resources.

Doubt it. They have been adding and tweaking stuff despite the campaign (fatigue, armour, sway etc.) and bipods would have so little effect on the campaing that I doubt this is the reason they haven't implemented it yet.

I honestly doubt the real issue is that AI couldn't use it well

I agree.

The response to bipods and weapon resting is a huge WANT from the community. Not sure why bis refuse to listen or acknowledge it. Would be a huge boon to game play. Ai use of it can come much later but at least let us humans

Dwarden did acknowledge and promise to bring it up with other devs in one of the many weapon resting threads. Of course he didn't promise that would lead to anything. BIS definitely know we want it bad though. Now I can only hope that it is a matter of getting enough time to implement it properly. That seems to be of large importance in arma 3 - either its done well (little chance for bugs in the future) or it doesn't get in. Lets hope that in 2014 they get the time to put it in proper. If not the most important, its definitely the most wanted feature.

Nobody cares how AI gets a task done, so long as they get it done. If AI can hit the head of a pin at 800m, who gives a rat's behind they are using weapon resting or not?

Its like requesting an artillery or air strike in Arma. You call up the firebase or airborne assets through the command menu and click on the target coordinates ... does anyone ever sit at their monitor offended at the absurdity of using a scroll menu and a mouse click in the battlefield to direct a strike?

Edited by MissionCreep