Sign in to follow this  
l etranger

VTS Duck Hunt

Hello. Any chance You'll expand it to support addons?

No can't do. It will be conflictual and a nest for bug, only BIS can't fix the situation by adding scripting command to change the maxrange engagement ratio used by AI. Unfortunately they prefer to focus on other things

Someone said they havent had success getting this to work with ALiVE.

Any updates on compatibility? Im using ALiVE and ASR AI3.

I did some testing today with those enabled (without this mod, which I only just found here), and the armor will engage each other at just under 2km, which I think is fine and a good match for view distance settings.

AI infantry however can be standing 900m away from each other and do nothing. Concealment plays a role in this, with sniper teams remaining alive (undetected) after all others are dead in the same proxitimity. This is with BLUFOR less skill and OPFOR higher skill (the snipers were BLUFOR and didnt return fire because they BLUFOR had default regular potato AI skill).

Getting really sick of being able to mow down everything from 1.5k away in a tank while they are oblivious. Even 1.5k sniping they are vulnerable oblivious and the best they manage is to move closer (after a very long time) or hide in cover.

Update after brief testing:

1. Duckhunt enabled. Okay so I installed the mod, enabled it and made a simple Zeus mission in editor. With Zeus I spawned a BLU and OP weapons and sniper teams 1.4km from each other, and manually ordered them to attack each other. The LMG and sniper guys of both sides started firing (and hitting the other) at 1.2km. The assault rifle guys were slowly flanking over to cover, but not shooting. So that was with Duckhunt, ASR AI3 and ALiVE enabled by the way.

2. Duckhunt disabled. Disabled the Duckhunt mod and tried again. Exact same result. The LMG and sniper guys engaged at 1.2km. The assault rifles guys slowly made their way to cover but did no shooting. So same result as some prior testing I had done with ASR AI3. I know that at 800m with ASR AI3 (and possibly unmodded/vanilla? not sure) ordered AI with assault rifles will engage enemy infantry.

At what range should the assault rifle guys start shooting with this mod working correctly??

Update: After further testing Im quite sure it isnt working. Firing ranges are the same with the mod enabled as with it disabled. 6.5mm assault rifles start firing 750-800m whether using this mod or not. Snipers will fire at known targets at 2km with or without the mod enabled. Units were spawned in using Zeus. I think increasing the units spotting effectiveness (I did this through ASR AI3 settings) was effective alternative to this.

Edited by zyg0tic

On 20.2.2014 at 7:36 PM, l etranger said:

No can't do. It will be conflictual and a nest for bug, only BIS can't fix the situation by adding scripting command to change the maxrange engagement ratio used by AI. Unfortunately they prefer to focus on other things

I don't think it will be a nest of bug but a lot of work. Would it be allowed to change all the values of all weapons regarding to CUP and RHS in a custom config.cpp?

• Like 1