Main Board/Mother Board

th_879931fa-9be8-43b1-bf26-cb7b29e0ce32_zpsb2d4fc16.png

Ram

th_1dbafed5-0ddf-48d1-a8e7-bd6b62b02753_zps2689601a.png

Ram More information

th_1478ef1a-0946-4917-bd3c-6d9ceebaf25d_zpsbebc9211.png

GPU

th_2e5212de-317b-4156-9ea4-97ad61cb5f83_zps7a9479e8.png

Hello, First of all Hi how are you? I upgraded my system a while ago replacing the GPU. My problem is before I upgraded my GPU I was using a 660 ti and was able to play missions and online with 50 to 60 fps even with the most hard core life missions that ant optimized.

So now with my new Gpu the 780 Ti I was able to play ac4 on the highest settings bf4 you name it. Now I when I play arma 2 CO online for example patrol ops 2 or any other mission my fps isn't stable from 40 fps 20 fps 30fps all over the place

Now friends of mine who have mid end systems run it at 60 fps stable playing online even people running duel crappy cards are getting better frames

I have over clocked my cpu the i5 3570k to 4.3ghz witch haven't done anything I don't think there a problem with my gpu as I can run other games max with any issue

I know arma 2 isn't really optimized but if people with much lower end systems are running better than me there has to be something wrong right ?

My vycn is turned of (better frames)

My anti alazing is turned off (if this is on say good by to my fps it just dies) Nvidia experience (turns it up to 8 and it just kills it)

Video Memory to very high (changed a few fps)

I did a bench mark and got 70fps on the first one

second 1 i got on 20

any one know how to fix my fps with this card ???? any ideas

have you installed nvidia gerforce experience?

ArmA2 is one of the supported games, try running it with optimized nvidia settings.

also check clocks on your card while playing and select in nvidia cp under energy options 'prefer maximum performance'

(could be that your card is downclocking while playing).

Edited by @ST

have you installed nvidia gerforce experience?

ArmA2 is one of the supported games, try running it with optimized nvidia settings.

also check clocks on your card while playing and select in nvidia cp under energy options 'prefer maximum performance'

(could be that your card is downclocking while playing).

Thanks i tried that, Nothing still the same i don't know what's going on maybe its the actual server but some people are getting 60 solid fps eh idk some people say arma 2 is heavy on the CPU i do have 3570k was over clocked to 4.5 ghz but i saw no improvements

Do you think my power supply witch is a 750w (is it even strong enough) or my mother bord is causing some kind of cluster fuck ?...

I think your mobo and power supply should be ok...

how is your performance offline in single player?

did you let the game detect your hardware new/ write a new cfg after changing gpu?

it´s always the first thing I do if anything in the game is fucked up, usually things are sorted out afterwards.

(just delete your ArmA2OA cfg, found under 'documents')

It seem's my cpu is spikeing hard out when playing arma 2 for some odd reason

MY case is running liquid cooling and my cpu been de clocked to 3.4 ghz and it's still running 40C+ (i think thats hot) on idle a little hot considering my case is full of fans and exhaust fans with liquid cooling eh

ill try deleting the cfg c: thanks

It seem's my cpu is spikeing hard out when playing arma 2 for some odd reason

The reason is that Arma2 is a simulation. Like all simulators it relies on millions of calculations to simulate the environment (lighting, gravity, ballistics, penetration, AI, etc.). So it is not surprising that your CPU works harder in Arma2 than most others.

MY case is running liquid cooling and my cpu been de clocked to 3.4 ghz and it's still running 40C+ (i think thats hot) on idle a little hot considering my case is full of fans and exhaust fans with liquid cooling eh

BTW 40°C is not hot. Most systems run at that speed under load. In fact most overclocked systems run at 40, 50 or even 60. The fact is that all modern CPUs can easily handle such temperatures. They're so tough that they only begin to slow down (Thermal Throttling) at 90°C! So my advice is check that your waterblock is properly fastened to your CPU and then return her to her full clock. Better still, overclock her as far as you're willing to go because Arma2 really likes high clock speeds, particularly if you have lots of AI and/or View Distances higher than 1600m. For reference, I've overclocked my i5-3570k from 3.4 to 4.3GHz and she rarely breaks 50°C. And that's with the stock cooler! Together with my7850 OC to 7870, it allows be to run at 1920x1200 with a 3km VD at 30-60 fps depending on MP/SP.

Here's a little guide to optimising Arma2:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85124-ArmA2-OA-%28low%29-performance-issues&p=2081466#post2081466

Edited by domokun

The reason is that Arma2 is a simulation. Like all simulators it relies on millions of calculations to simulate the environment (lighting, gravity, ballistics, penetration, AI, etc.). So it is not surprising that your CPU works harder in Arma2 than most others.

BTW 40°C is not hot. Most systems run at that speed under load. In fact most overclocked systems run at 40, 50 or even 60. The fact is that all modern CPUs can easily handle such temperatures. They're so tough that they only begin to slow down (Thermal Throttling) at 90°C! So my advice is check that your waterblock is properly fastened to your CPU and then return her to her full clock. Better still, overclock her as far as you're willing to go because Arma2 really likes high clock speeds, particularly if you have lots of AI and/or View Distances higher than 1600m. For reference, I've overclocked my i5-3570k from 3.4 to 4.3GHz and she rarely breaks 50°C. And that's with the stock cooler! Together with my7850 OC to 7870, it allows be to run at 1920x1200 with a 3km VD at 30-60 fps depending on MP/SP.

Here's a little guide to optimising Arma2:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?85124-ArmA2-OA-%28low%29-performance-issues&p=2081466#post2081466

Well something is running my computer extremely hot i have 2x 120mm intake fans with 2 exhaust fans on top with exhaust liquid cooling idk someone did it for me but i really thought my case would be running alot better im using this case

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=17340

also is my computer running at correct watts i don't know if this program showing me the correct tempts but.. yea

th_eaed4e50-9c68-46b2-9c2f-aeeceb452051_zps38254418.png

that's on default clock 3.4 but when i put it up to 4.ghz or 4.2ghz goes up to a whopping 90c when doing a test.

eh..

Edited by joe21
added temperature pic +