Sign in to follow this  
Joeh

help with O2 LODS

Ok, so basically i have made an aircraft mod, here is a screenshot of my LOD's http://gyazo.com/683a42c97d52290e59c17e9764fec7c6, the right ones being geometry, fire geometry and land contact, in game for some reason, certain parts of my model will collide with the ground, ie the wings nose and 90% of the body, yet for some reason the tail will always go through the floor, however if i get out of the plane and walk towards it, i can walk through the entire plane, i also cannot shoot any part of it, can anybody give me advice on what is wrong?

Do you have anything in the geometry/fire/ and land contact nodes? Are they labeled properly.

I can tell that your geometry lod is smoothed. It needs to be sharp, triangulated, and all closed.

I recommend you look up the old BRESSB tutorials, and use those to learn how to get your addon in-game. Not everything applies to Arma3, but you will learn a lot.

Abs

thanks for the help with the tutorials Abs and Gnat, i have a problem with find non closed then closing them, http://gyazo.com/6a17b1c72fc59bb49d3b34b59835cecc , if i try and close oxygen changes the direction of the blue lines, but if i do find non closed again, it just finds the same vertices?

Edited by Joeh

ive fixed all my lods, and ive watched all your videos gnat, im also following that guide recommended by ABS but the gears wont retract like the tutorial says it should, im also having problems with my collision, my plane collides perfectly with the ground ect, and you can run into the wheels and shoot them, but the rest of the plane (body and wings) you can shoot and run through, i cant see why those parts arent working?

Soooo....if you used the config that I gave you earlier, there's a line in there about the gear.

gearRetracting = 0;

Either delete that line, or change it to 1.

Abs

Yeah i actually tried changing it to 1 before, it game me the option to bring the gear up, but in game, the gear didnt change at all, nothing happened basically, should everything in that plane tutorial 1 & 2 work as it says in arma 3, then i know atleast if it dosent work, its me, not old stuff just not working in a new game?

Edited by Joeh

I'm pretty sure that the tutorials don't have a model.cfg in there. It's been a while since I've done them. You'll want to look into that next. Keep up the good work.

Abs

No, not much has changed in 10 years so most will work.

The landing gear and wheel bones have to be named/defined in the separate MODEL.CFG along with provide an Animation definition in the same file. For the Animation, your SOURCE = "gear";

You need to name the LANDCONTACT points the same as your landing gear, so those "retract" too.

As for collision and shooting, that's your Geometry and Fire Geometry LODs.

Unless they are closed shapes, the right shape and you did FIND COMPONENTS, they won't work.

Each of 'levy kolo', 'pravy kolo', 'predni kolo' to have how exactly would that look in that config? im sorry i need alot of help but ive had absolutely 0 experience with configs or arma modding

How would i change the config here http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Model_Config so that it will work for myne, i think ive found the problem with my Geo lods being i wasnt checking the find non convex, but now that i have, im getting really bad shapes when i close them, its making my model really clunky, i cant go anywhere near the model, for example there are lines going from the wingtips to the top of the tail meaning you cant stand along side the aircraft, but i dont exactly know how to fix that?

Edited by Joeh

You should have a separate MODEL.CFG file.

Post it here between some PHP forum tags.

If your CfgSkeleton and CfgModel definitions are still in your CONFIG.CPP, the cut them out and place within a new model.cfg

As for your geometry and fire LODs, the simplest way to create is to make it from a series of cubes, each stretched and overlapped a bit to form a close proximity of the main model. It doesn't have to be exact, you don't see it. Then don't worry about convex, simply just FIND COMPONENTS.

Thanks for the help Gnat, ive got the Fire LOD, and the Geo LOD both working nicely the way i wanted, but im still not sure how to do this MODEL.CFG, theres nothing in the CONFIG.CPP that says CfgSkeleton or CfgModel and ive got no experience with writing them, i dont even really know what they are?

ok i gave it a try, but it didnt work, you'll probably laugh at how bad it is, but i dont exactly know what im doing with these configs, im sure you'll spot a load of obvious errors though

//Tu22M3 update by Gnat

class CfgSkeletons

{

class Plane; //Define base class.

class MY_Vehicles: Plane

{

isDiscrete=1;

skeletonInherit = "";

skeletonBones[]=

{

"levy kolo","",

"pravy kolo","",

};

};

};

class CfgModels

{

class Plane;

class MY_Vehicles: Plane

{

skeletonName = "BackFireBones";

sectionsInherit="";

sections[] = {"levy kolo","pravy kolo"};

class Animations

{

class pravy kolo // right wheel

{

type="rotationX";

source="gear";

selection="pravy kolo";

axis="osa praveho kola";

animPeriod=0;

memory=1;

minValue="rad -90";

maxValue="rad +90";

angle0="rad -90";

angle1="rad +90";

};

class levy kolo //the vertical moving part of the turret

{

type="rotationX";

source="gear";

selection="levy kolo";

axis="osa leveho kolo";

animPeriod=0;

memory=1;

minValue="rad -90";

maxValue="rad +90";

angle0="rad -90";

angle1="rad +90";

};

};

};

};

Use the PHP codes to post code Id suggest

Try this. Rename you named selections to something thats easy to remember.

GearLeft, GearRight, axisGearLeft, axisGearRight

class CfgSkeletons 
{ 
class Plane;
class MY_Plane_Bones: Plane 
{ 
isDiscrete=1; 
skeletonInherit = ""; 
skeletonBones[]= 
	{ 
		"GearLeft","", 
		"GearRight",""
	}; 
}; 
}; 
class CfgModels 
{ 
class Plane; 
class THE-NAME-OF-MY-P3D-FILE: Plane
{ 
	skeletonName = "MY_Plane_Bones"; 
	sectionsInherit=""; 
	sections[] = {"GearLeft","GearRight"}; 
	class Animations 
	{ 
		class MoveLeftGear
		{ 
			type="rotation"; 
			source="gear"; 
			selection="GearLeft"; 
			axis="axisGearLeft"; 
			memory=1; 
			minValue=0; 
			maxValue=1; 
			angle0="rad 0"; 
			angle1="rad +90"; 
		}; 
		class MoveRightGear
		{ 
			type="rotation"; 
			source="gear"; 
			selection="GearRight"; 
			axis="axisGearRight"; 
			memory=1; 
			minValue=0; 
			maxValue=1"; 
			angle0="rad 0"; 
			angle1="rad +90"; 
		}; 
	}; 
}; 
};

Ok it still isnt working, it must be something wrong with my model, do you mind taking a look at what i have if i upload it?

Edit i forgot to rename my 0.00 LOD too, i got it working, thanks so much for that GNAT :)

Edited by Joeh

ok got all that done now, im doing the weapons, ive made 4 barrels named Cannon1,2,3,4 in 0.00 LOD, then in Memory axisCannon1,2,3,4, and cannon 1 works, but i cant seem to find a way to get each one of those barrels to each fire at the same time?

Edited by Joeh