Sign in to follow this  
Стрелок

[Normal Find]/Epic] B-2 Spirit

See my way browsing through the webz and i found myself downloading a B2 Spirit!

Another splendid find oh mighty i just found! http://operationflashpoint.filefront.com/file/B2_Spirit;116336 The Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit. When i found this in OFP Filefront i was just :j: believing i was on drug's? Because i has searched for a B2 Earlier didnt find i thought i will give one shot more at looking before posting a Addon request.Now back to the addon

-Texture's need's tweaking.... If the maker is still around....

Rating: 6/10 :protest:

Sady all of the big bomber planes don't fair well in actual OFP combat. They are a big disappointment.

B1b

B2

B52

They fly to low and slow that they either get shot down or crash into the ground or hillside (somthing most planes fall victim to) or even blow them self up with the bomb blast.

The B2 is actually the worst.

The AC130 is the most effective large plane and does pretty well. http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=7233

Maybe some scripting might make the others do better.

Sady all of the big bomber planes don't fair well in actual OFP combat. They are a big disappointment.

(...)

Maybe some scripting might make the others do better.

Actually Gnat's B-52 contained "Virtual Bomber" script which made bombers really useful in missions (it is supposed to work with most of the bombers, IIRC it worked very well with Australian F-111 addon).

OFP engine is designed to "simulate" infantry combat using also mechanized assets. In air it can "go wild", and it does - it's not Flight Simulator or DCS A-10. But even then, one can force the game to do what mission designer wants to - with scripts of course, but let's face it: most OFP missions use air assets only as "immersion-maker", no one needs realistic AI in planes, as they show only for small amount of time and they don't actually "fight". So, I don't see any problems with "script-driven bombers", apart from that mission maker must learn some script magic to use them effectively.

@Strelok

There are some more bombers for OFP, apart from the ones that Zulu said about, there's also Il-28 (Soviet bomber form early 1950's), and BAC Canberra/Martin B-57 - both from Footmunch, go check it out on ofpr.info or OFP Filefront!