Hi all!

FHQ Map Draw is a small addon that allows drawing lines on the briefing screen and map of Arma 3.

On Arma 2, we're using an addon that does the same, sadly the author doesn't seem to be interested in Arma anymore, so I decided to write a similar addon for Arma 3. Once loaded, pressing and holding the Control key on the map or briefing screen will allow you to drag out a line segment that can be fixed with a single left mouse button click. As long as you keep holding Control, you will be able to continue drawing attached line segments until you release the key.

Extra keys allow changing the color of the line as well as the line thickness.

In the future I'd like to add a few more features like Arrows, rectangles and ellipsis, and the ability to delete lines. I might also add the ability to restrict the visibility of drawings to certain channels (Right now, the drawings are global).

If you have any feedback or ideas, don't hesitate to contact me :)

Current Version: 1.0

Download:

Armaholic

FriedenHQ

Enjoy!

Edited by Alwarren
Added Armaholic mirror

Useful little addon this. Good work.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Hi ! This is a very usefull addon for team or group leaders.

Several wishes :

- possibility to delete lines;

- possibility to draw curved lines.

But the real big deal would be to have the ability to use the mouse as a pen, in order to draw whatever you want...

Good luck ! ;)

Ho dear : this one was missing !!!

Perhaps you can have a look in the TaskForce Arrowhead Radio how they changed defaults marker (dot instead of target as default marker).

I think the default dot marker should be in a mod like yours and not in a Radio mod.

IMHO

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks Foxhound, as usual :) No workshop will ever be able to replace Armaholic ;)

---------- Post added at 22:17 ---------- Previous post was at 22:12 ----------

Thanks everyone :)

Hi ! This is a very usefull addon for team or group leaders.

Several wishes :

- possibility to delete lines;

- possibility to draw curved lines.

But the real big deal would be to have the ability to use the mouse as a pen, in order to draw whatever you want...

Good luck ! ;)

Deleting lines is on the planned feature list. Curved lines will be a bit harder to do, since the interaction is somewhat limited. I could imagine something where you click and drag a line, and then roll the mouse wheel up or down to adjust the curvature. I'll have to think about it.

About pen drawing...

Congrats for a great addon! :)

Maybe you could check how Spooner made the "pen-drawing" in A1 and implement it in this too? http://spooner.github.io/about/ and http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3324

... I could probably instead of dragging the line simply draw a line segment automatically each time the mouse moves. I'm a bit concerned though that if I want to be able to delete markers it will become difficult to keep track of them all.

Ho dear : this one was missing !!!

Perhaps you can have a look in the TaskForce Arrowhead Radio how they changed defaults marker (dot instead of target as default marker).

I think the default dot marker should be in a mod like yours and not in a Radio mod.

IMHO

I'm a bit reluctant to mess with the markers as long as it isn't necessary. I do think there have been incompatibilities with different addons and the markers already, I don't really want to include more. I might add points as an extra primitive for drawing, though.

The last time I played with you guys I was asking what mod allowed you to draw on the map....now I know and I can use it! Congrats Alwarren!

I may have missed this somewhere but does everyone in the multiplayer session need this or only the players making the marks?

Thanks guys :)

I may have missed this somewhere but does everyone in the multiplayer session need this or only the players making the marks?

This works even if you are the only one that has it. Everyone will see the lines, although you are the only one that can do them.

Great mod, amazed no one else has done this yet.

Suggestions:

Ability to delete lines with and without the mod.

(Auto deletion of lines after a certain time period, unless marked to stay permanent. This would be for public servers.)

Changing the Default key-binds so they can be reached with one hand on the keyboard (Example: Alt , . / )

Great mod, amazed no one else has done this yet.

As I said in the documentation (hint hint nudge nudge ;)) the original idea was by Mikey, and we used his addon (along with him mk4 HUD and mk4 Night vision) for a long time at CiA.

Suggestions:

Ability to delete lines with and without the mod.

Without the mod won't work. Procedurally created markers cannot be deleted by users, you gotta have the mod running for this.

(Auto deletion of lines after a certain time period, unless marked to stay permanent. This would be for public servers.)

Might be possible, but I guess a more general "Clear all lines" would be better for this. Otherwise, at least in theory, you would have to run a timer for each and every line you draw.

Changing the Default key-binds so they can be reached with one hand on the keyboard (Example: Alt , . / )

User configuration of keys is planned for an upcoming release.

---------- Post added at 09:55 ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 ----------

Some did, back in ArmA1 dayz: https://dev-heaven.net/projects/spon-map

Woa, Spooner's mod is much more comprehensive than mine. I guess it shows I never played anything online before Operation Arrowhead, I always was single player only :D

Alwarren, great mod mate!

So as I understand it:

1) Mod users can create marks on maps for other mod users and non-mod users;

2) Mod users can delete marks on their maps but not for non-mod users;

3) Non-mod users can not delete marks;

So as I understand it:

1) Mod users can create marks on maps for other mod users and non-mod users;

2) Mod users can delete marks on their maps but not for non-mod users;

3) Non-mod users can not delete marks;

Not quite:

1) Mod users can create marks.

2) Everyone can see them

So far, deleting is not in. Once it is:

3) Mod users can delete marks

4) Everyone else cannot.

I made a quick video demonstrating this mod, in case anyone wanted to see it. Hope you don't mind Alwarren :D

I made a quick video demonstrating this mod, in case anyone wanted to see it. Hope you don't mind Alwarren :D

Not minding at all, quite the contrary. Very nice :)

i find this a most useful tool, actually, and use it a lot. thx for that!!!

quick question: deleting lines isn't possible. any update on whether this will be adressed with a future update?

cheers

i find this a most useful tool, actually, and use it a lot. thx for that!!!

quick question: deleting lines isn't possible. any update on whether this will be adressed with a future update?

cheers

I'm thinking about how to effectively implement this. There are potentially a lot of lines that need storing, and in order to delete them, they will also need to be effectively identified. But the feature is certainly on my "wanted" list.